It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give up your guns now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd

He also said it would be a short war in response to being accused of WANTING war to deal with non-compliant gun owners.

This guy WANTS war and went so far as to suggest that the use of nukes in order to violate the rights of millions of Americans is acceptable.

edit on 16 11 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
Or the dems will nuke you.

I can’T stop laughing.

Democratic Rep. Swalwell warns gun owners that 'government has nukes'

m.washingtontimes.com...

It really does seem that political figures from CA live in some weird alternate universe or something. It is actually kinda hard to wrap my head around....they are just so out of touch with reality.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It would indeed be a short war if it were to happen. It's a lose/lose situation though. There would be nothing to gain from nuking the whole country. Even with strategically placed strikes the infrastructure isn't in place to allow the victors to live a comfortable life, if at all, in the aftermath.

Post script: It's nice finally being able to exchange words with you.
edit on 16-11-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: Added the P.S.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd

Rational people wouldn't suggest war, let alone the use of nuclear weapons on a civilian population. A rational person would have decades ago realized that gun control is a losing strategy and hurts Democrats every time they try it. This asshole thinks turning up the Democrat gun-control Kool-Aid to 11 is a good idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Golantrevize
Or the dems will nuke you.

I can’T stop laughing.

Democratic Rep. Swalwell warns gun owners that 'government has nukes'

m.washingtontimes.com...

It really does seem that political figures from CA live in some weird alternate universe or something. It is actually kinda hard to wrap my head around....they are just so out of touch with reality.

I think Harvey Weinstein as giving them an organic suppository or something that was keeping them under control. Ever since he got taken away from these idiots, they've been deeper and deeper off the deep end. I think at this point we need to enlist James Cameron o talk to them, since they're so deep off the edge.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Some people have to learn the hard way. I just hope we don't have to do it this time.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
They let people like this into our congress? I think his voters should be finding a way to recall him for his stupidity.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

God you lot are funny.

For starters the smog alone from burning 10 major cities would devastate rural areas.

secondly, no other power on earth has the projection to invade the US, even if it was devastated. Since such a hypothetical would be spontaneous to anybody but the launcher of said nukes chances are no nation could muster a force strong enough in any meaningful timeframe.

Thirdly, Europe has armies. Ones capable of working together and geared towards defensive strategies. Considering even the most powerful ME nations rely on Western nations for most military needs I just can't imagine Europe becoming "Muslim" over night.

But, to be forthright and honest. I understand your post is nothing but hyperbolic nonsense, just like the comments made by this senator. But then it wouldn't be nukes I'd worry about anyways, the US still has huge stockpiles of chemical weapons... For research purposes of course.

Anything a gun can do against chemicals that destroy your nervous system? Nah not really, other than end your suffering.

Don't be so hyperbolic, it's obvious what the man meant. Guns ain't # once a real genocide gets going.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Fine. Go ahead. Take off and nuke us deplorables from orbit. it's the only way to be sure, and as you point out, there's really no reason why y'all shouldn't. It's only flyover. You really don't need it, and nothing important goes on out here anyhow.

Swalwell is obviously the great military genius of your time.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
More hyperbole
hahaha.

I mean it's funny, unless you're serious...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh the jackasses we elect. Stupidity electing stupid politicians. It's actually quite funny. We send jerks to govern us.

Edit: My state sent Tom Cotton but even he hasn't spewed an asinine comment like this.
edit on 16-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with you. Not every person who identifies as a Democrat wants some crazy form of gun control though. Unfortunately, with the politicians we've ended up with it's turned into a damned mess. The only thing we can do outside of voting, whether a person believes in the process or not, is make sure they can take care of themselves and their loved ones.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Not Wapo, rather WaTi. The Times. Not owned by Bezos but rather the Moonie Church who bought that paper decades ago to advance conservative propaganda hoping that people would read it and believe it was the Post.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Again, his use of the word nuke was only symbolic of the vast discrepancy between available weaponry to the government and that available to citizens.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Because we are smarter than to use them.
And yes, he is a moron because he used that analogy. Because all the right wing haters can nit pike his comment out of context to prove how bad the democrats are.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Opps, yup but good point!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I have no guns, lost them all in a freak boating accident. If I did , I would say come and get them sucker. If you didn’t know I am a firm believer in the US Constitution, including the 2nd amendment.

Not me. I know exactly where mine are, and how loaded they are. No "freak boating accidents" here - I'm not a criminal, and I'll be damned if I act all furtive and secretive like one. At least one is ALWAYS within reach, and topped off. Old habit die hard, I reckon.

The long and the short of it is that this law is not only unjust, it is illegal, because it goes in direct contravention of the US Constitution as well as Common Law and a plethora of protections put in place to prevent governmental overreach and violation of rights.

Therefore, anyone coming to take any of them will be treated like the thieves they are, regardless of whose colors they are wearing.

Those guns do me no good at all in that situation if I have to yell out the door "wait a minute while I go un-stash my piece and limber it up, ok?" I figured out a long time ago that the time most folks will start burying their guns to hide them is precisely the time they should be digging them up to use them.

This is assuming, of course, that your "boating accident" was for the purpose of concealing the weapons from an unreasonable search and seizure.

That's exactly when you need them - right when they're so well hidden that they can't be found.

I'm an old man now, but a mean old bastard all the same. I just want to be left alone. I don't bother my neighbors, they don't bother me, everybody happy. However, because I am now old, I harbor no illusions that any such firefight would not be my last. It in all probability would. That makes no difference to me. I've been living on borrowed time for years now, and have realized for all those years that any day I get out of bed (or even stay in it, for that matter) might be my last, and I've made peace with that. One day WILL be my last, and any day is as good as another for that.

Who wants to live forever, anyhow? And who, in their right mind, would rather live on their knees in a fascist police state?

Nossir, my guns ain't hidden. They can come get 'em whenever they feel froggy enough to jump. All they have to do is figure out how many of their lives they are willing to trade for mine, because it's damned sure going to be more than one. Doesn't seem like a fair trade, but that's their decision to make, not mine.

I'm not a danger to anyone, but they'd best not present themselves as a danger to me, either. I leave them alone, they leave me alone, everybody happy. Everyone goes home at night to give momma a hug. If not, then a brief, young war breaks out, and the only thing left is to distribute the body bags.

Better bring enough with them.

Die on your feet, don't live on your knees.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

And all this time I have been saying Cortez was going to be the comedy relief during the next two years. She may actually be playing backup to Swalwell!

No one panic... the House can't pass a good fart without the Senate and President. But damn! Can they entertain!

It's going to be a hilarious couple spins around the sun, people.

TheRedneck

edit on 11/17/2018 by TheRedneck because: typo-itis

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Democratics are truly showing what kind of cuckoo politicians they are. They can be comparable to the European liberals.
edit on 17-11-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Again, his use of the word nuke was only symbolic of the vast discrepancy between available weaponry to the government and that available to citizens.

Swalwell also make the assumption that if such a thing were to occur that he would be on the side with a whole and unconflicted military.

He should learn from history. The last time the government went to war on its own people, the military ended up split with all its toys and the conflict was long and very, very bloody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join