It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give up your guns now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I's skeered, too. All this laughter might be too much...

(That's it! He's trying to kill us all off by making us laugh so hard we all have heart attacks!)

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course, I could mention, once again, the outrage that occurred when Trump asked why we couldn't nuke countries. It seems that certain facets of the political spectrum represented by mainstream media outlets took him 100% seriously ... HE WANTS TO NUKE OTHER COUNTRIES. 

I have to agree, such comments are asinine and repugnant regardless, especially when an elected individual makes them. I have to say that regardless of politics people tend to lose their proverbial poo she comments are made. I don't live in their reality.

The fact remains that a government serious about remaining in charge would not nuke its own populace. For one thing, a government in the middle of an armed uprising needs the support of the remainder of its populace. No matter how rabid in support people are for the government. How quickly do you think they'll stop supporting that entity in the face of watching it nuke its own? 

Yeah, idiots. Ain't no reasonable nor sane person could ever accept such outcomes, there's a reason we don't nuke enemies, nuclear weapons are indiscriminate and messy, not worth the fallout whether it be literal or not.

Then there is the military. As I mentioned before, the military would be split in this scenario. They are a volunteer force, not a professional one. Not all will play ball for the government in a scenario where they'd be asked to shoot at their own families. Some would take their toys and go to bat for the other side. 

Another good point though I can't claim how easy such access would be or what protocols would fall into place regarding the more destructive weapons in modern armies... I imagine they'd scare the bejeezus out of me.

And how much quicker does that happen when it's revealed that the guys at the top want to send their families home in a nuclear fireball? Just because the government is nuts doesn't mean the entire military commend structure is.

Not all liberals are nuts, not all gun owners nor conservatives or military men. The comments in threads like this suggests otherwise. I'll always appeal to common sense, so as is, I'll thank you for a reasonable reply.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Hearts and minds. You just can't subjugate a population so vast over such a large landscape. Not like that.

Annihilation would be the only alternative and I can't believe they'd use nukes... Actually they'd probably have to, on the rest of the world because a rogue US isn't anything like a rogue NK.

But then realistically could challenging the 2nd cause such a thing? Need it he challenged at all?

All people want really us responsible gun ownership. Hell, make it a part if the curriculum.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Of course they're targeting the wrong folks. I see it like this, most of us are fairly law abiding citizens...we won't talk about my lead-foot, or propensity for jay walking.

If tomorrow morning, or Monday morning, Congress passed a law stating that by Friday of next week, we must turn in all our guns, or face consequences--those consequences will be left unstated, but we must assume that they'd be bad, after all, a gentleman was just murdered by the state with little excuse, and less apology.

Wow, that was a long sentence...

Many Americans would comply--'cause law abiding--with it. I would not, but then I jay-walk, I'm a habituated criminal...and only criminals will have guns in this new found Utopia that would suddenly spring up out of no where.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I have no guns, lost them all in a freak boating accident. If I did , I would say come and get them sucker. If you didn’t know I am a firm believer in the US Constitution, including the 2nd amendment.

So you know CGR then?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

propensity for jay walking.

I had a hunch about that but didn't want to mention it.

The people who would show up to turn in are not the ones they need to be concerned with anyway. Simply making criminals, in their eyes, out of honest people.

Authorities know the turn out to turn in isn't going to be large. And I doubt many sane people will want to go out "collecting" them.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

One could argue that all laws are designed to make criminals out of otherwise honest people. I don't wear seatbelts. I wasn't a criminal before that law came out... I guess I am now.

Of course, breaking the seatbelt law is so minor as to not matter... jaywalking, on the other hand, is a terrible crime! We need to start locking those scofflaws up instead of just fining them.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yep, they start out jaywalking then it's off to robbing banks. If we could just accept the government knows what best for us. Just like the man in the OP learned.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yep. Jaywalking -> Bank Robbery -> Nuking one's own people... oh, wait...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Don't bring a gun to a nuke fight.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The real problem would be how much damage they could do before the challenge worked its way to the SCOTUS. Right now, they have to know that anything like this would be almost certainly struck down by the SCOTUS as it stands, so the only real point of attempting to pass such a thing would be to create as much chaos and misery as possible before a legal injunction could be sought while the whole miserable mess worked its way through the system.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That's just plain wisdom, right thar!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Quite a lot, I'm almost certain.

There's no way these laws can stand, they're a violation of rights protected, not granted by the Constitution.

Certainly, there's a chance that the ninth circuit could let it stand...historically this is their thing. But the Supreme's won't. If I can see the wrong here, surely they can.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Anything stands if you know a judge in Hawaii.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Let's remember. They ARE insane Liberals after all. I wouldn't put Nuking Americans past them at all. They've already been proven to collude with dark shadowy figures in the darker parts of our Government, as well as with Russians. Hillary has so many suspicious suicides surrounding her, of people that were to testify against her. So, many that I stopped counting at 100. It's never been proven that she had them murdered, but she is well known for having the best Hitmen that money can buy. Many insiders that worked with her have said the same. So yeah, they are just crazy enough to do this.
edit on 17-11-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I will not freely give up my firearms
However , to compensate , I will freely give up every single round I have if it is required.
Think about it

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Another obsessive compulsive Tyrant bent on getting his way ,like the Bolsheviks ,''We don't care whether you are guilty or not, we are going to kill you '' .Tyrant paranoia about the public owning firearms ,they want TOTAL CONTROL and Total control of everyone and everything ,nothing else is acceptable !!! these psychos wont stop until they get what they want ,gun owners are hardly a threat to them ,rifles against ,Fighter jets ,Bombers ,Tanks ,helicopter gunships ,missiles Aircraft carriers etc etc etc . Another mega genocide just waiting to happen, like in Russia in the 30s they had billboards saying '''Comrades hand in your Arms '' ,and after they did ,The Government started slaughtering them all in the millions .Like the Movie Outlaw Josey Wales ,where they hand in their guns and then are shot .

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm not big on giving up my ammunition. Now, just the lead part, that I'll freely give up. Lead is bad.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm not big on giving up my ammunition. Now, just the lead part, that I'll freely give up. Lead is bad.

TheRedneck

Precisely
Bureaucrat to Cmdr. Shepard - "You will have to leave your weapons here"
Cmdr Shepard to Bureaucrat - "I will leave one bullet. Now , where do you want it ?"
Mass Effect

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

I remember when Obama passed the registration law and Feds came to snatch guns in Cali and Arizona.

Not one fed showed up in Missouri, because the state passed a law immediately stating that if a federal official attempted to violate second amendment rights of Missouri residents, any residents, they would be tried and incarcerated for a maximum state pen penalty of 20 years.

If they weren't shot by a constitutionalist on his or her front lawn protecting the 2nd.

Bring it on. But bring a body bag with ya feds...
Cause my first shot might miss if you refuse to leave, but my neighbors won't.

I would love to see them try...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join