It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal Bans Youtube Competitor BitChute

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah hitting two birds with one stone sounds about right. On top of that these internet giants got away with paying hardly any taxes in the U.K. it was reported a few years ago.

I’m not sure what can be done either, unless we all walked away from these services on mass which doesn’t seem likely as they are just to dam convenient.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I guess the main reason I brush them de-platforming some service I'm not aware of (even if it's done maliciously), is because there are bigger fish to fry with these companies.

Google waited six months to disclose huge data breach.

Amazon already has CIA cloud, may get Pentagon soon.

They are taking over staple security roles of our government, so the political things with Alex Jones ect are on the back burner for me right now.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is hard to know how to take this without the reasoning from PayPal on why they banned the account. Everything else is just an assumption.

I can see how companies like PayPal and Facebook could be a threat to free speech. They definitely need to be better about being accommodating to people they perceive to be violating their TOS. I'm surprised they did not tell BitChute the reasoning for their loss of access to PayPal.

My band on Facebook has been flagged as an adult entertainment vendor. Facebook literally thinks we are an adult "toy" vendor. This affects our advertising. I don't think there is any way to discuss this situation with their customer service.

Alex Jones was spreading misinformation and hate speech. I can see how it was his own fault he got banned from different social media platforms. But the situation with BitChute is less clear. I would think that it would be a reasonable solution for alternative social networks to take on the accounts that mainstream social networks won't.
edit on 15pmThu, 15 Nov 2018 14:01:14 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I found this. This is what BitChute got as reasoning for their ban from PayPal.

As of early this morning, PayPal's only contact regarding BitChute's account was to explain: “The User Agreement for PayPal Service states that PayPal, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy.

Washington Times

From this, I think it would be reasonable to assume they violated the Acceptable Use Policy.

PayPal: Acceptable Use Policy

They could have been violating this statute.

the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
PayPal isn't the only game in town. Big deal.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Google and PayPal are very tight knit companies who work together, probably even some shared ownership. Why in the blue hell would they want a competitor to utilize their services? This isn't censorship, it's business.

PayPal is owned by eBay.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Welcome to the NWO.a reply to: infolurker

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

lol wtf is Bitchute? They're the ones crying foul but there's always two sides to a story. I don't see Paypal, who is owned by Ebay, siding with YouTube for nefarious reasons to shut down Bitchute. Business is business and what does Paypal gain by helping out YouTube? A one time bribe? Or that's just what friends do??

lol what a name, Bitchute. Who knows, it could catch on, right? The internet's weird like that.

Well, I checked out the site.

Oh, I see. You go to the Popular tab, or any tab, and it's all mostly conservative videos.

Oh man, that site has a low view count, well the videos that is. I mean, whether Paypal pulled the plug on them or not, I have a feeling Bitchute was doomed anyway. And I'm sure YouTube know this too and isn't at all afraid of Bitchute. I wonder if they even have accounts with advertisers or is their only income via subscribers and donations? Like a Twitch streamer?

There are plenty of other very popular streaming sites that Bitchute couldn't even contend with so it's no match for YouTube. As if YouTube is wasting time worrying about BitChute!

lol Bitchute. How bad was that brain storming session? Did they wanna try to sound like a hip Silicon Valley type cuz that what it comes off as to me?

edit on 15-11-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join