It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Navel Frigate collision. And Who owns the yacht, My Dr. No.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Another Frigate collision.Who owns the yacht, My Dr. No.

Another navel vessel, the The Norwegian frigate KNM Helge Ingstad, has been severely damaged by a super tanker that was being steered by a tug. Just prior to the collision, the tug had been on a straight path. As the disabled tanker gets ready to pass on the port side, the tug makes a hard starboard turn and rams the tanker into the the frigate. As you watch the video, a purple marker is seen just to the upper right hand corner. It is labeled, “ My Dr. No.”

I was unable to find this exact name of this yacht, but Dr. No. is described as a ,” a yacht designed for an underwater exploration.”

www.boatinternational.com...
I also recall another underwater venture that involved Howard Hughes ship the Glomar Explorer, and how this was use to extract a soviet sub. More than likely this is just a coincidence. But the ramming of another naval frigate (just like The US Navy’s Cook, Fitzgerald, and McCain) does not.
Current resting place of The KNM Helge Ingstad.

edit on V142018Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 10 Nov 2018 12:14:55 -06001 by Violater1 because: cvghm vg

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

It does not look like it´s the same vessel but look at the location

www.vesselfinder.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

It does not look like it´s the same vessel but look at the location

www.vesselfinder.com...

Great Find!
I believe it is the same boat.

www.vesselfinder.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is why we people like you and me are on ATS

Wow, you are right!

Maybe I should have looked at it with a browser. I did use my framework to find it and the gallery is not parsed, because I did not care at the time when I wrote that plugin.

(You have a private message)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I have to wonder if the tug was hoping to sink the frigate, and the My Dr No, would extract as much intel as it could.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Umm, so? Yes, the Dr. No was in the same vicinity, but it was nowhere near the crash site. Do you think there is some significance to this or what?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Definitely something fishy going on here, good catch. It also looks like Dr. No has had a new paint job, hmmm.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul
I disagree, after looking at all pictures, there´s no indication for a new paintjob during the last 4 months at least.

You can check it for yourself with the gallery and if you do a reverse image search, you will find more. Look at the timestamps both DCIM and static tagged ones.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Do you think there is some significance to this or what?

Do you think he would have done a thread if not?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Umm, so? Yes, the Dr. No was in the same vicinity, but it was nowhere near the crash site. Do you think there is some significance to this or what?

Umm, please review the video from 3:03 to 3:22 mark in the video and come back and explain your statement.
To help you, I provided you with this link.
youtu.be...

edit on V022018Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 10 Nov 2018 13:02:58 -06001 by Violater1 because: Had to add the UMM, ROFLMAO

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What's a frigging navel collision anyway?

Asking for a friend...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
What's a frigging navel collision anyway?

Asking for a friend...

You got me...Naval
What are your thoughts regarding all of these naval collisions?

edit on V032018Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 10 Nov 2018 15:03:45 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

As I posted in the thread that shall not be named:

Reminds me of those Arleigh Burke class destroyer accidents and other misadventures. The Norwegian ship is a Fridtjof Nansen-class frigate. Just like the A.B. class destroyers they are equipped with the Aegis combat system.

Report: US Navy Destroyer Accidents to Temporarily Reduce Aegis Missile Defense Capacity

Aside from "accidents happen": cui bono?

Possibly a payback for suspected sabotage in this recent incident?

Russia’s only aircraft carrier damaged while undergoing repairs as floating dry dock sinks

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Umm, please review the video from 3:03 to 3:22 mark in the video and come back and explain your statement.

The Dr. No is 6 km from the collision. It's in the same channel, going in the opposite direction. So what are you suggesting? Was the Dr. No interfering? No. Did the Dr. No cause the collision? No. Was the Dr. No close enough to even observe the collision? No. But SOMEHOW, because the Dr. No is classified as an underwater research vessel, it MUST have been spying on a small Norwegian frigate to get classified information from a bump in the night.

Right. Sure it did.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

The Dr. No is 6 km from the collision. It's in the same channel, going in the opposite direction. So what are you suggesting? Was the Dr. No interfering? No. Did the Dr. No cause the collision? No. Was the Dr. No close enough to even observe the collision? No. But SOMEHOW, because the Dr. No is classified as an underwater research vessel, it MUST have been spying on a small Norwegian frigate to get classified information from a bump in the night.

Right. Sure it did.

Where did you find this? Link please or it's not so.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
newest video.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

The two Burkes were 7th Fleet. That's the most overworked and undertrained fleet in the Navy. They're the most likely to have accidents, since they're at sea more than any other fleet.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There has also been loss of gps signals here in the northernmost of Norway during that exercise.
I also seem to recall this happening during last years big nato exercise aswell.

If someone somehow can jam or hijack gps from our planes then why not something similar for use against boats?
I dont think it at all impossible.

thebarentsobserver.com...

Interesting thread.
Thanks.

edit; i remembered wrong sorry, last year it was the russians doing an exercise knocking out our planes gps.
its all in the link.

edit on 10/11/18 by Nivek555 because: edited for posterity

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivek555
There has also been loss of gps signals here in the northernmost of Norway during that exercise.
I also seem to recall this happening during last years big nato exercise aswell.

If someone somehow can jam or hijack gps from our planes then why not something similar for use against boats?
I dont think it at all impossible.

thebarentsobserver.com...

Interesting thread.
Thanks.

edit; i remembered wrong sorry, last year it was the russians doing an exercise knocking out our planes gps.
its all in the link.

One theory is that the processors on the boards may have a "back door" printed in them. And those boards and processors are made in...China.

Oh, and nothing back yet from Blinddoggy...crickets.

edit on V232018Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 10 Nov 2018 21:23:44 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

China :-)
This is a bit off topic but China is actually opting to pay for parts of a proposed 'artic' railroad.. Because;

snip/
OE Watch Commentary: The extension of the Finnish railroad system into Norway to the town and port of Kirkenes, as the accompanying excerpted article from China’s Xinhua reports, would provide a trade route for Chinese goods to the Baltic Sea and into Central and Eastern Europe. This would allow the Chinese to use the Northeast Passage running north of the Russian coast and save 40 percent of the current travel distance and 20 percent of energy costs. It would also bypass the major ports of Marseilles, Antwerp, Rotterdam and Hamburg and create a new trade hub in the Baltic Sea and, ultimately, it would promote China’s major interest and influence in the Arctic region. End OE Watch Commentary
/snip
community.apan.org...

Its interesting times up here :-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join