It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plummeting Fertility

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think that the declining birth rates has more to do with women being the means to control their own birth rate and just not choosing to have as as many babies as they did in the 50's and early 60's. it's a choice they are making.
there are factors that are influencing their choice such as economic concerns, having more options as to what path in life they wish to follow, along with the expanded freedom they've earned to follow a different path than housewife/mother, and the friction between partners that often occurs as our society adapts to these new freedoms. if the falling birth rate is truly something to be concerned about there are things that could be done to make these factors less important a consideration in the women's minds. doubt if you will ever get back that average of 4 children, I doubt if the average family back in the 50's and 60s really wanted to have that many children.
but, I imagine that for some families, they would be more willing to have children if they could see a way to actually provide for those children. Russia addressed this issue by giving a yearly income to women for the first few years of the child's life to encourage birth. we could also give mothers a little more respect as a society.

but, some seem to be more intent on taking the choices away from women, when it comes to expanded opportunities, birth control, as well as abortion. we do not have any obligation to society or god to replenish the human race if we choose not to and I am not sure why the population shrinking some would be a problem worth being addressed. it's more of a matter of quantity vs quality.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
POT

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I think that the declining birth rates has more to do with women being the means to control their own birth rate and just not choosing to have as as many babies as they did in the 50's and early 60's. it's a choice they are making.

YES!

I have an interest in social anthropology. So I read a lot about different cultures.

In societies/cultures run by women -- the birth rate is lower.

We need to change sustainability based on money.

We need to simplify our lives and determine the difference between Need & Want.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Do you believe a girl/woman in her mid teens should be forced to give birth?

What about an otherwise healthy woman who is in an extremely stressful point in her life?

What about an otherwise healthy woman with mental health complications?

Genuinely, there's not many people who have abortions without giving it some serious thought. As humans having sex is a highly appealing thing, it's why people cheat, why teenagers have sex, why people have open relationships.

I mean honestly, some people shouldn't eat so much cake. You gonna tell them they better keep those extra pounds because it's the right thing to do? I know, stupid comparison but that's where your argument went. "Do the deed you better grow the seed".

Well, I'm here to tell you that such notions are far flung from reality, basically you're saying women should be forced to have babies except for extreme cases. That in itself is extreme, since women are sovereign too.

I mean it's funny, I'm not keen on the idea of abortion yet I find myself defending it. I'm not keen on extramarital affairs or people " sleeping around" but I'll be damned if my opinions will ever manifest themselves into dictating the actions of another sovereign being. Their choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
Good reply man

...I do sleep around though, as safely as possible, found a new one today, barmaid in my local pub, don't want a child with her though, that would be a life disaster but i'd deal with it if I had to.

edit on 13-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: stupid auto correct

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Good reply man

...I do sleep around though, as safely as possible, found a new one today, barmaid in my local pub, don't want a child with her though, that would be a life disaster but i'd deal with it if I had to.

At one point in my ignorance I would've used that info to judge you, these days I don't care.

But then I grew up in a world wishing to control my thoughts on things, I'm a person who loves thinking.

Our morals are not written in stone, I'm a person more than willing to challenge my views and misconceptions. What's for me isn't necessarily for you.

Good on ya man, as long as it's sensible and mutual I'll never have an issue with it, y'all are having fun

Ain't nobody got the right to say what you're doing is wrong, people often need to learn what's their business and put their mind on that.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I love something about everyone I sleep with, pub barmaid is her eyes and her personality, she is infectious funny to me lol
...fertility isn't falling in the UK for sure, just more folk being careful.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join