It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plummeting Fertility

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You are pro living children?

What about pro living unborns? What counts more, your right to abort or the unborns right to live? Asking for myself.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I was brought up in a poor town still reeling from the closure of pits, scamming seemed normal for me growing up. Yeah, most people will make the best out of their situation and I don't blame them for it.

As long as the kids don't go hungry, walk around in tatters or live in a dysfunctional household I generally don't give a toss. As to actually growing up though it seems the next gen usually rebel (raise em different) or do it very similar.

End of the day kids need examples, often with society's ills I find the biggest complainers are some of the biggest contributors. Anyways I could blab on all day about the wider consequences of scamming etc, there's a reason animosity exists towards benefit claimants and single parents.

Granted there is some poverty around, but the only skint single parents I know drink, smoke, or do too much drugs. 
All my single parent mates have great lives, happy kids, well fed, 'absent parent' babysits on the weekend and pays financially but don't declare it to the DWP. 

It depends though doesn't it?

I know a couple of mother's with little to no family who really struggled and made to scrounge out of necessity all because they were stupid enough to be honest with the system, I do have issue with that from a morality standpoint. Naturally that extends to other benefits too...

Not fun seeing people kill themselves over money. Not fun seeing kids took away due to the same reasons. It's certainly not funny when say a drug dealer gets access to the same benefits because they were willing to bs their way through the system.

Anyways, apologies for the depressing post. Just I've seen it from all sides. Growing up it was like spot the worker round these parts lol. Anyways, have a good Friday man

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

You are pro living children?

What about pro living unborns? What counts more, your right to abort or the unborns right to live? Asking for myself.

Potential humans are not humans.

Don't waste my time until EVERY LIVING CHILD IS Fed, Educated, Housed, Loved, etc

Take the billions of dollars spent trying to invade, dictate, and control women's bodies that are none of your business.

Use that money on LIVING CHILDREN.
edit on 9-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Loque76

Don't know why these reports come out every now and again??

I wonder if there's a group of people who want more children to over populate the Earth?? Because by putting this report out... couples will start having more children..

what we need is a stable population.. not over-doing it.

They keep saying this but there's over 8 billion here, so i can't see there being an issue any time soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Time to start eating more MACA ROOT EXTRACT!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I wonder if there's a group of people who want more children to over populate the Earth??

How would they benefit???

Because by putting this report out... couples will start having more children..

You think couples are going to have more children to safe humanity because of some report? Do you have childen? Do you know what it means to raise a couple of children?
edit on 9-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Triggered much?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you can #, you can bear the consequences. You know what sex can lead to.

Rape and such is another topic.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

not that long ago, a thread came up about some article talking about refusing sex for political purposes, or at least that's what some wanted to paint it as. for most, it seems they thought of this of some kind of affront or something, but they wouldn't accept such an idea.
so tell me, since there's been health study after health study pointing to the benefits to not only women, but also to the babies they bring into the world, for them to space their children a few years apart...
will that be considered as unacceptable also? people shouldn't be telling women not to have the sex, unless they are willing to accept that decision if the woman they are involved in make it.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
You got me wrong on this. I wrote, I quote:

It´s just my personal opinion, that if you are adult enough to engage in sexual intercourse, you should be adult enough to face the consequences even if the precautions fail.

I singled out violent sexual crimes such as rape, because obviously if you don´t write a three page long disclaimer, people like you will surface and make the wildest claims.

So what you are saying is, that abortion is a tool to get more healthy babies?

That´s a new one.

Killing an unborn because it might have a bad childhood is so wrong on so many levels. It´s a lazy excuse from the parents. I am talking about healthy parents, not some fringe cases..
edit on 9-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

no, what I am saying is avoiding getting pregnant soon after a birth leads to healthier babies.
but, since I have seen more than one thread on ATS, along with some wild ones on the old yahoo message boards that tend to cause me to believe that there are many men, along with women, who would find your advice as unacceptable.
so, what I am saying is that unless you can accept that yourself, don't preach to women... because they just might take your words to heart..
just like telling men that if they don't want kids, they should just keep their zipper zipped!! ya, it's great advice, but most just can't keep that lifestyle, or their spouse can't..

and you have no idea why any one women may chose to terminate their pregnancy, some of them have very good reasons. and while you don't want to talk about those "fringe cases" , the pro-life groups seem to want to always portray the unborn as a fully developed eight or nine month fetus when quite frankly the number of abortions that would actually involve a fetus even close to that stage of development is less than those "fringe cases" you seem to want to dismiss.

91% of abortions are done in the first trimester of abortions. .01 are done in the last trimester.
4% give health concerns as the reason for their abortion.
3% - fetal abonormalities
1%- rape
6%- parental pressure
14%- pressure from partner

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Oh you interpet way to much, believe me.

no, what I am saying is avoiding getting pregnant soon after a birth leads to healthier babies.

Yes I know this. Solution: Don´t have sex during that time or use prevention methods to cut down on the risk, problem solved.

so, what I am saying is that unless you can accept that yourself, don't preach to women... because they just might take your words to heart..

Of course this counts for both men and women.

And the fringe cases you call me out I want to dismiss, I actually dare to have no opinion on that. It is possible to not have an opinion made up because I don´t have enough information.

Is that hard to understand? I stop here because you went of a tangent into things I never wrote.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Rape and such is another topic.

What the hell are you talking about?

I do not and will never support irresponsible breeding.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Triggered much?

You think this (below) is triggered? Obviously, you're not familiar with my posts.

"Potential humans are not humans"

Take the billions of dollars spent trying to invade, dictate, and control women's bodies that are none of your business.

Use that money on LIVING CHILDREN.

edit on 9-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Ah for a second I thought you demand the right for abortions because it´s your body and an unborn isn´t seen as life.

Just a gobbled up clump of cells until the magic moment where it is born and a miracle happens and it becomes a real human.

My bad!
edit on 9-11-2018 by verschickter because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ah for a second I thought you demand the right for abortions because it´s your body and an unborn isn´t seen as life.

Just a gobbled up clump of cells until the magic moment where it is born and a miracle happens and it becomes a real human.

My bad!

That pretty much covers it.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well, let´s agree to disagree. I was just curious how you would justify it.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Loque76

Somehow i see this as nothing more then propaganda.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well, let´s agree to disagree. I was just curious how you would justify it.

I do not have to justify it.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And I did not say that you have to or did it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join