It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gowdy to replace Sessions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So we all wondered what the reason was for Gowdy to announce his leaving his house seat and now that the election is over, we see Session's "choice" to leave his position - whether this was planned before the election, IDK and IDK if there is/was any plan to offer the position to Gowdy.

So now that we know Sessions is gone, who do you think will be filling the role? Do many of you think that this is why Gowdy did what he did, so he can fill the position? I think it does seem a little convenient.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Hasn't it already been informally announced who would be steeping in? McCormick or McKinnick or something similar. Right?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I don't know if Gowdy will do it. He seemed to have gotten very disenfranchised with the legislative branch. Maybe he will view the Executive branch in a better, hands not as tied, light.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Trey Gowdy is the absolute best man for the job.

However, he has said in the past that he wasn't interested in the position.

I wouldn't blame him if he still isn't.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I haven't heard of any other names, but haven't listened much to the news. I know when Gowdy said he wasn't interested in the position but I don't know if that was just posturing or what.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Gowdy is the next pick for the SC in my opinion.

He has been sidelined so that, at the right time, he can seem bi-partizan.

There are more picks coming for the SC. One due to age, and one or more others who will resign for the good of the country (while keeping their necks out of the tightening noose)

Gowdy is the right age for the remake of the SC.

P

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

There are more picks coming for the SC. One due to age, and one or more others who will resign for the good of the country (while keeping their necks out of the tightening noose)

P

Ding Ding.
Winner!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Trey Gowdy is the absolute best man for the job.

The perfect man for the job

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Hasn't it already been informally announced who would be steeping in? McCormick or McKinnick or something similar. Right?

No this is temporary appointment under Vacancies Reform Act. The president can put someone in the position for up to 210 days. But there is a problem under the Vacancies Reform Act it also constrains the ability of the person named to the “acting” position to be nominated as the permanent successor.

So gowdy by leaving avoids that clause so its possible.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I thought it was Matt Whitaker who was going to be filling the position for the moment?

Has that now been changed since the day of Sessions resignation? I am sure I recall hearing that name or seeing it mentioned in connection with that job role on the day.

ETA, yep... Matthew G. Whitaker is the acting AG, used to be Chief of Staff for Sessions.

edit on 8-11-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: KansasGirl

I thought it was Matt Whitaker who was going to be filling the position for the moment?

Has that now been changed since the day of Sessions resignation? I am sure I recall hearing that name or seeing it mentioned in connection with that job role on the day.

ETA, yep... Matthew G. Whitaker is the acting AG, used to be Chief of Staff for Sessions.

Hes only temporary he is the acting AG. Trump still needs to fill the position

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

From your title I thought you had learned it was a fact. It's too bad ATS software doesn't allow question marks in the titles.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

From your title I thought you had learned it was a fact. It's too bad ATS software doesn't allow question marks in the titles.

Sorry about that, I didn't really notice that when I posted and especially the way it is worded it is misleading.

Yeah, the software doesn't do any symbols I think, which is bad b/c the & and $ signs are often needed

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hopefully Trey can start unleashing those 300,000,000 sealed indictments. The whole country will be going to prison.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: KansasGirl

No this is temporary appointment under Vacancies Reform Act. The president can put someone in the position for up to 210 days. But there is a problem under the Vacancies Reform Act it also constrains the ability of the person named to the “acting” position to be nominated as the permanent successor.

So gowdy by leaving avoids that clause so its possible.

I would NOT want to have a match of chess against you....
And I am fairly good.

edit on 11/8/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Gowdy will not be AG. I'm curious as to why he is leaving. There is more here than meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

He's hardly bipartisan.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Gowdy is a great performer but thats it.

Alex Jones is my pick. AJ for AG!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
So we all wondered what the reason was for Gowdy to announce his leaving his house seat and now that the election is over, we see Session's "choice" to leave his position - whether this was planned before the election, IDK and IDK if there is/was any plan to offer the position to Gowdy.

So now that we know Sessions is gone, who do you think will be filling the role? Do many of you think that this is why Gowdy did what he did, so he can fill the position? I think it does seem a little convenient.
I hope not...Gowdy talks an excellent game but falls apart when it's time for action...We don't need a talker, we need a doer...

top topics

join