It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverbike S3 2019 - Pre-order

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There are several threads on various versions but this one does not have a thread of its own. Until now...

YouTube - Hoverbike S3 2019 Dubai Police Flying Lesson

Hoversurf's preorders have been made available for people attracted to their new Hoverbike S3 2019. The price is $150,000 with a reservation deposit of $10,000. Delivery will be in 2 to 6 months. Deliveries will be based on when you made your reservation.

Valera noted the capability for taking an "adult rider 16 feet above the ground, at speeds of up to 60 mph for 10 to 25 minutes, depending on weight and weather conditions."

She also noted its new "hybrid lithium-manganese-nickel" battery. Nicolas Zart in CleanTechnica: "The HoverBike S3 uses LiNiMnCoO2 (Lithium manganese nickel) for a 'hybrid' battery approach. This offers a high level of safety and low resistance of manganese due to the high energy of nickel."

techxplore.com, Nov. 6, 2018 - Hoverbike S3 2019 sparks eVTOL interest, preorders open.

Apparently, “WORLD’s FIRST No pilot LICENCE, No aircraft CERTIFICATION official approved personal drone HOVERBIKE S3 2019″ really irked the FAA. Officially, the FAA determines whether an aircraft, such as the Hoversurf model, meets the aviation § 103.1(a), (c), and (e) requirements. The Hoverbike S3 does, so take that to mean it’s been approved if you like, but don’t go too far with the claim if you don’t want to upset the FAA.

Hoverbike S3 2019 take off FPV video

cleantechnica.com - FAA OKs Third Ultralight eVTOL.

The "e" is because it is electric. VTO is "vertical Take Off" and because you will need to at some point, "L" is for "Landing". The whole thing is smashed together to describe these "craft". eVTOL is considered more of a "personal drone" rather than an aircraft. It would be fun to go 60 MPH but then what? Sits around in the garage with your Peleton exercise bike and the snow blower.

Is that insane or what?!! 5 meters off the ground... uh, I don't think so, Tim. Going over the handle bars would be a dicey situation (sorry, the pun monster needs to eat too!). Luckily, I have other things to do with 150,00 dollars.

First, would you ride one? Next, do you want one? Last, opinions.

Remember, vote early, vote often!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Pretty soon, policing will be nothing more than men one bikes, flying around. Being Judge Judy and executioner.

Sad day for humanity.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This probably should have been in the OP. Sorry.

Different types of carbon fiber technology were used for the frame. The weight is 114 kg (253 pounds). Flight time: up to 40 minutes in the drone mode. Actual flight time with the pilot is 10 to 25 minutes and depends on weight and flight conditions.

Safety measures include what the makers call a "triple security system": electronic, mechanical and passive. There is an emergency landing, sound and visual warning system, anti-interference screening, kill switch, embedded deformation zones, power fences and protective elements for the pilot.

Source: techxplore.com

There, for the record, the safety features of S3 2019 (says the "S" stands for "scorpion" as that is what the frame looks like without a rider).

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I would absolutely drive one.
I'd drove it like i stole it!!!

It would need charged again in 5 minutes when I'm done with it. And I'm 185lbs...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I find something ironic about the guy riding this wearing a helmet.

I mean, he's sitting in the middle of a huge blender. If he falls, he'll be chopped to bits. Don't think a head impact is what I'd be worried about.
edit on 6-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I like the fact it can also decapitate perps if they get close to them
, not sure if it has the agility for a high speed chase though, the first video the rider seems a little cautious and unsteady

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
One mistake away from being on the liveleak front page.
2nd

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ugly, loud, bad design. Arms need to be longer or you're a dead man if you fall over.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yea Ive already lost a thumb in a motorcycle accident LOL. So sitting a top 4 whirling fan 16 feet in the air is a no for me. #1 Cage those blades at least have something over the top of them, #2 not really a long operating time. #3 for police use? aint sneaking up on anybody, not fast enough, no where to put your doughnut.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Both videos, the riders seem a little tentative to throttle up. It almost to hypnotic watching the blades to fly around.

a reply to: Athetos

I would use it more as drone than anything else. It would last longer (battery life).

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Just shut up and take my money!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
blades under the rider ... hell no

police use ... flying decapitation machine

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I like your comment around "remote gun" and just another way of killing someone by drone.

a reply to: SR1TX

There are others out there. I don't care for the blades being "right there" either. And noisy.

ATS, 2011 - Australian Unveils Prototype Hoverbike.

The real question becomes, "where is the flying car?"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Pretty soon, policing will be nothing more than men one bikes, flying around. Being Judge Judy and executioner.

Sad day for humanity.

Being Judge Judy and executioner. LOL!

'Hot Fuzz' reference?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Now that's 21st Century !

The price is $150,000

Hopes dashed.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

This tech will really take off (not intended this time) when graphene supercapacitors become available. Increasing flight time. Until then, it is a neat, if rather sloppy implementation, of an idea.

I'm to fat to ride one! I'll spend my 10 grand on more pizza and beer!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Sad day for humanity.

Like the hover bike in the Star Trek reboot movie. No way I’d spend that kind of money on that thing nor do I have a desire to fly/ride it. Cool in theory but think of issues like if you’d ever have to replace the battery, a prop or two from the neighbors cat etc...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

See my reply to GraffikPleasure. It would be like Chief Wiggum riding a trike!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Sad day for humanity.

So this??

edit on 6/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Jesus, did no one in marketing suggest some propeller guards? They do realize that's going to cost them half their sales right?

It looks like a kick ass, very cool, human blender.

EDIT TO ADD:
I see I am not alone on the exposed whirling blades being a bad idea.

You see!
edit on 11 6 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join