It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverbike S3 2019 - Pre-order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

That was from the CleanTechnica article. And I agree, that Deadpool version is rocking!!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That looks wonky af.

Like riding a giant food chopper.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
this is coming from a man from the same country presenting this and I say this is ridicules, it's so dangerous with those blades exposed like that, there should be a protective covering surrounding those blades, this is so stupid and dangerous

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: dug88

That was from the CleanTechnica article. And I agree, that Deadpool version is rocking!!

Nah not deadpool. Judge Dredd.

Dredd is a law enforcement and judicial officer in the dystopian future city of Mega-City One, which covers most of the east coast of North America. He is a "street judge", empowered to summarily arrest, convict, sentence, and execute criminals.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'll buy one and put it in my garage with my Segway, you know that revolutionary machine that's going to alter how people get about. NOT.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
There are several threads on various versions but this one does not have a thread of its own. Until now...

YouTube - Hoverbike S3 2019 Dubai Police Flying Lesson

Hoversurf's preorders have been made available for people attracted to their new Hoverbike S3 2019. The price is $150,000 with a reservation deposit of $10,000. Delivery will be in 2 to 6 months. Deliveries will be based on when you made your reservation.

Valera noted the capability for taking an "adult rider 16 feet above the ground, at speeds of up to 60 mph for 10 to 25 minutes, depending on weight and weather conditions."

She also noted its new "hybrid lithium-manganese-nickel" battery. Nicolas Zart in CleanTechnica: "The HoverBike S3 uses LiNiMnCoO2 (Lithium manganese nickel) for a 'hybrid' battery approach. This offers a high level of safety and low resistance of manganese due to the high energy of nickel."

techxplore.com, Nov. 6, 2018 - Hoverbike S3 2019 sparks eVTOL interest, preorders open.

Apparently, “WORLD’s FIRST No pilot LICENCE, No aircraft CERTIFICATION official approved personal drone HOVERBIKE S3 2019″ really irked the FAA. Officially, the FAA determines whether an aircraft, such as the Hoversurf model, meets the aviation § 103.1(a), (c), and (e) requirements. The Hoverbike S3 does, so take that to mean it’s been approved if you like, but don’t go too far with the claim if you don’t want to upset the FAA.

Hoverbike S3 2019 take off FPV video

cleantechnica.com - FAA OKs Third Ultralight eVTOL.

The "e" is because it is electric. VTO is "vertical Take Off" and because you will need to at some point, "L" is for "Landing". The whole thing is smashed together to describe these "craft". eVTOL is considered more of a "personal drone" rather than an aircraft. It would be fun to go 60 MPH but then what? Sits around in the garage with your Peleton exercise bike and the snow blower.

Is that insane or what?!! 5 meters off the ground... uh, I don't think so, Tim. Going over the handle bars would be a dicey situation (sorry, the pun monster needs to eat too!). Luckily, I have other things to do with 150,00 dollars.

First, would you ride one? Next, do you want one? Last, opinions.

Remember, vote early, vote often!

Other than the "neat" factor....I dont see these ever really being used.

I would take one for a spin, but would never waste my money on one.

And as others have pointed out, you have 4 propellers just waiting to eat you....no thanks!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

you mean that segway that you're not supposed to fall off of unless you're George W Bush

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It is like the Iron Man suit. Neither are really practical. Both
seem dangerous as all get out.

One is an open food processor. The other is jets at the end of your arms (waiting to roast your legs off) with nothing more than pure arm strength to hold out from your torso.

But until we get antigravity, we will have people making things like this!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Those unguarded propellers are a death wish

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That is the most impractical waste of money I have ever seen

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If I had the cash, I would deffo be wanting one.

Stop moaning about the propellers, motorcycles are cool because of the danger, so flying around on a giant magimix ought to be cooler than a H2 that's on fire and with the nitrous about to kick in!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I live on Lake Michigan it would definitely help lake rescues drop a ring from underneath and guide the boat to the person in trouble. Also former Coast GUARD so I can se uses for it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Yeah all 15-20 minutes of flight time you get from it, the Coast Guard would not be able to use it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We should buy these for patrolling football stadiums

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Are you all missing the part that you only get like 20 minutes max flight time?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: SlowNail

Are you all missing the part that you only get like 20 minutes max flight time?

That’s probably best case scenario too I would bet it could run down faster under heavy load another issue you have to worry about is if the battery pack gets too hot under a heavy discharge it will hit thermal protection and all power will be lost and you’re going for a rough ride indeed. To make something like this viable for safe operation I think an emergency airbag that could deploy to encapsulate the “bike” and occupants would be the only way to go. This would not meet FAA or even DOT safety requirements.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Yeah, but we can down a chopper in just two.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey, a flying lawn mower, or your local friendly Police decapitation machine.

Lets hope the kids dont run up to kiss Daddy goodbye...........ouch!!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

You cannot even fit a hot chick on the back!

or a side-car...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wait until

A dozen dead riders, a couple of upgrades then a drop in price.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join