It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverbike S3 2019 - Pre-order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

When the Hells Angels get there hands on these, we all done for!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
There are several threads on various versions but this one does not have a thread of its own. Until now...

YouTube - Hoverbike S3 2019 Dubai Police Flying Lesson

Hoversurf's preorders have been made available for people attracted to their new Hoverbike S3 2019. The price is $150,000 with a reservation deposit of $10,000. Delivery will be in 2 to 6 months. Deliveries will be based on when you made your reservation.

Valera noted the capability for taking an "adult rider 16 feet above the ground, at speeds of up to 60 mph for 10 to 25 minutes, depending on weight and weather conditions."

She also noted its new "hybrid lithium-manganese-nickel" battery. Nicolas Zart in CleanTechnica: "The HoverBike S3 uses LiNiMnCoO2 (Lithium manganese nickel) for a 'hybrid' battery approach. This offers a high level of safety and low resistance of manganese due to the high energy of nickel."

techxplore.com, Nov. 6, 2018 - Hoverbike S3 2019 sparks eVTOL interest, preorders open.

Apparently, “WORLD’s FIRST No pilot LICENCE, No aircraft CERTIFICATION official approved personal drone HOVERBIKE S3 2019″ really irked the FAA. Officially, the FAA determines whether an aircraft, such as the Hoversurf model, meets the aviation § 103.1(a), (c), and (e) requirements. The Hoverbike S3 does, so take that to mean it’s been approved if you like, but don’t go too far with the claim if you don’t want to upset the FAA.

Hoverbike S3 2019 take off FPV video

cleantechnica.com - FAA OKs Third Ultralight eVTOL.

The "e" is because it is electric. VTO is "vertical Take Off" and because you will need to at some point, "L" is for "Landing". The whole thing is smashed together to describe these "craft". eVTOL is considered more of a "personal drone" rather than an aircraft. It would be fun to go 60 MPH but then what? Sits around in the garage with your Peleton exercise bike and the snow blower.

Is that insane or what?!! 5 meters off the ground... uh, I don't think so, Tim. Going over the handle bars would be a dicey situation (sorry, the pun monster needs to eat too!). Luckily, I have other things to do with 150,00 dollars.

First, would you ride one? Next, do you want one? Last, opinions.

Remember, vote early, vote often!

Two words:

Dubai Goodbye.

This spells trouble all over.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

I think it is a symptom of having too much money. Dubai also wants autonomous flying taxi service.

reuters: Dubai starts tests in bid to become first city with flying taxis.

Here is the other hoverbike design thread on ATS: Forget Flying Cars Flying Bikes Are Go.

That one looks safer with the rotors covered. Again, I would tend towards "large drone" rather than a practical "bike".

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, I actually called on this. Wanted assurance that the production model would NOT have blade guards for the rotors. They said they would be fully exposed.

So I did it, plunked down some cash for a preorder. My mother in law is going to love it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It's not exactly Wipeout but i think it would be cool to race the things if somewhat dangerous.

edit on 6-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hoverbike S3 2019 - Pre-order

Good way to lose a leg,arm head not to mention drunk hoverboard riders.

It would never be allowed to fly legally.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This at least makes an attempt.

If I had the cash to blow and didn't have a death wish.

I go for the Martin Jetpack.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Didn't see the further post, huh? FAA said they cannot enforce pilot license. They are legal to own and fly.

DUI. Didn't think of that one. Ugh, people can't even drive in 2D, let alone get drunk and fly in 3D.

I think S3 should get a Darwin Award for being built! Kind of a preemptive strike if you will.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I wonder how much insurance costs??

But after plunking down the money, I guess it would be a secondary concern.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Didn't see the further post, huh? FAA said they cannot enforce pilot license. They are legal to own and fly.

We've seen what they've done with gunz, now drones.

Personal transportation has to get over the biggest obstacle of all progress.

POLITICS.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

That is why I wanted to talk about hoverbikes, to leave politics behind for a bit.

Anyway, it is just another way to tax you too. I am sure if they could figure out a way to tax electricity to "fill one up" they would.

I wonder what OCC would do with one??

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'd add a machine gun turret under the front, and some rocket launchers.

And go to the gun range and rehearse for the the destruction of the death star.

edit on 6-11-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is VERY cool, but not usable. THose whirring blades. WOw, one slip and you'd never choose to ride that device again.

Also thinking on this a little deeper, how long is it going to take before a human being thinks that allowing computer so much control over the physical situation is ok?

Then again, around 1910 people probably had the same issues as far as technical questions go.

My weird dream is I see some spoiled human being totally surprises as their computer smart travel device lets them down and deposits their body outside of the safety net and into a muddy gully as they bleed out.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Lasers. You need frikken' lasers!

If you are going 21st Century tech, you need frikken' lasers!

Hoversurf likened the Scorpion-3 to other untested-but-inarguably-cool-looking passenger-ready prototypes like Malloy, Aeofex, E-volo, and Ehang. The hoverbike uses custom-built software to limit its range and velocity in order to assure a safe ride, the company says. Hoversurf says the Scorpion’s design was “inspired by heavy-duty sport-utility motorbike frames” and “basically surfs through the air by changing altitude and direction.”

So now that we’re seeing halfway decent hoverbike technology, the question is what’s next? Clearly an ecosystem of engineers and investors with their head in the clouds and money to spend is starting to emerge.

YouTube sensation and inventor Colin Furze showed off his hoverbike last year, which does legitimately hover for short periods of time. And the US Department of Defense recently announced a deal with Malloy Aeronautics, a UK-based company, to develop the vehicle for the US Army. Dubai’s Road and Transportation Authority struck a deal with Ehang to test its passenger ready drones in the skies over the city later this year.

And jetpacks and flying cars, too! Everyone from Uber to Airbus is working on a prototype. After a year when the word “hover” was used to describe a surplus of products that did nothing of the sort, there is a handful of companies who are working to make hovering — real hovering — great again.

theverge.com - World’s first rideable hoverbike looks cool as hell but will probably kill you
by line reads: Or at least amputate your legs

That was from February. So this has been around for a while. Seems the majority opinion: unsafe looking.

But as SprocketUK said, when is a motorcycle not?

The "make hovering great again" made LOL! Had to share. Politics, *SMH*

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I'd add a machine gun turret under the front, and some rocket launchers.

And go to the gun range and rehearse for the the destruction of the death star.

yeah.

and don't forget the sound effects...pew pew..pew..pew.

and what about that really really fast 5000hp supercar?!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Jesus, did no one in marketing suggest some propeller guards?
Propeller guards will add weight shortening the already short run time and the marketing guys thought it was too short already, in fact it probably doesn't really last as long as they claim it does. Do people really want to give up that much performance just for the sake of keeping their limbs attached to their body?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What a crazy way to die.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have a better name for it "The Darwin Enforcer".

I would use 8 model plane jet engines with two or three of them being rotateable for additional forward thrust.
While this would make the driver safe, it would probably scorch everything in the wake of the exhaust gases.

Well, we can´t have everything, right?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

You know this is going to be loads of fun flying this thing across all that sand.

And what about when some smart ass kid throws in the loose end of a rope ???

There are all kind of ways we could make this thing fun to ride.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Holy crap that thing looks dangerous. They cant really be selling them with the props exposed??
What happens when a perp throws a stick in the blades?
edit on 7-11-2018 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join