It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canceling Netflix b/c of feminist propaganda in all original shows - any alternatives?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So the new season of House of cards Netflix has stepped up the level of progressive feminism propaganda to a whole new level with all the males serving as infantile thoughtless, helpless tools only on screen to be manipulated by some all knowing, all seeing, omniscient woman (there seem to be many of them in this series) who is only interested in power or her reputation. There are no redeeming qualities in this series, none that I can see.

This seems to be a pattern with Netflix original programs. Luckily they have some very disloyal employees who release the shows online weeks to months before they are released on Netflix if you know where to look, all available in full HD, so why bother paying? Maybe someone at Netflix has the same opinion as I do about what they are serving their customers.

So what are the alternatives? Is Amazon Video better or maybe Hulu? IDK much about other streaming services but it seems there should be some out there that have decent content. Any suggestions.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
So what are the alternatives? Is Amazon Video better or maybe Hulu? IDK much about other streaming services but it seems there should be some out there that have decent content. Any suggestions.

In the municipality where you live, is there a library?

Get a card.

Take out a book.

Read.

If you don't like the book, take it back and get another. Eventually, you'll find out what you like. You can be as choosy as you want. You can have 100% control over what goes into your mind.

You might find that you like some of the classics.

I recommend Thomas Hardy if you like drama.
P.G. Wodehouse or Saki (H.H. Munro) if you like humor.
If you like horror,stick with Poe. You might try Lovecraft, but I've never thought that he was much more than a Poe wannabe.
If you like thrillers, start with the Sherlock Holmes canon.

I promise you won't be disappointed.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Alternatively, Diggin, just watch the original UK version of 'House Of Cards' (1990) with the incomparable Ian Richardson in the lead.

Plus the two follow-up series, 'To Play The King' (1993), and 'The Final Cut' (1995).

You won't be disappointed.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

up the level of progressive feminism propaganda to a whole new level with all the males serving as infantile thoughtless, helpless tools only on screen to be manipulated by some all knowing, all seeing, omniscient woman

Yeah, I hated The Last Jedi too.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Kind of noticed that on 'Crossing Lines'. But the alternative is gay

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

So the new season of House of cards Netflix has stepped up the level of progressive feminism propaganda to a whole new level with all the males serving as infantile thoughtless, helpless tools only on screen to be manipulated by some all knowing, all seeing, omniscient woman (there seem to be many of them in this series) who is only interested in power or her reputation. There are no redeeming qualities in this series, none that I can see.

A political drama aimed to maintain entertainment.

No, a person such as the show betrays, doesn't seem to have redeemable qualities about their immoral quest for power. That is where the drama comes in.

And yes. I agree with you.

Netflix does run a lot of shows that tend to have filtered political ideaology which has been going on for a long time now.

The war of ideology leaves a trail of blood a mile wide.

This seems to be a pattern with Netflix original programs. Luckily they have some very disloyal employees who release the shows online weeks to months before they are released on Netflix if you know where to look, all available in full HD, so why bother paying? Maybe someone at Netflix has the same opinion as I do about what they are serving their customers.

As any company they will be swayed by their audience.

or

man.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

If you don't like something, just don't watch it.
There's plenty of stuff on Netflix that isn't leftist nonsense.

Or there's bunches of other content providers.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Dude really.....?

Maybe you just have have a preferred list of crap you don't like.
Start a new profile and watch at least "meat eater" then see what pops up. Netflix has alot that go both ways. Don't let politics dictate your decisions on low cost high volume streaming services.
Yes season six sucked but don't be a little punk man.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Dude really.....?

Maybe you just have have a preferred list of crap you don't like.
Start a new profile and watch at least "meat eater" then see what pops up. Netflix has alot that go both ways. Don't let politics dictate your decisions on low cost high volume streaming services.
Yes season six sucked but don't be a little punk man.

Well if you saw what they suggest in my suggested list with a rating of 95-97% chance that I'll like it, I'd say 90% are a total miss and they are horrible. I have no idea why they suggest 80% of what they do unless they have no other options to suggest.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

In the municipality where you live, is there a library?

Get a card.

Take out a book.

Read.

If you don't like the book, take it back and get another. Eventually, you'll find out what you like. You can be as choosy as you want. You can have 100% control over what goes into your mind.

You might find that you like some of the classics.

I recommend Thomas Hardy if you like drama.
P.G. Wodehouse or Saki (H.H. Munro) if you like humor.
If you like horror,stick with Poe. You might try Lovecraft, but I've never thought that he was much more than a Poe wannabe.
If you like thrillers, start with the Sherlock Holmes canon.

I promise you won't be disappointed.

Best
Answer
Ever

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well seeing as how you have a problem with shows featuring prominent and powerful women. Perhaps you’d like something where the women were kept under thumb of powerful and oppressive men and used solely for sexual degradation and procreation purposes set in an alternative theocratic America. “The Handmaiden’s tale” which is on Hulu prime I believe would be perfect for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I have thumbs down and removed from my list several new shows on Netflix because of the liberal propaganda in them.

I don't want Conservative propaganda. I don't want liberal propaganda. Just give me a TV show please.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

You forgot the kitchen. I'll have a hamburger and beer please.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Says all original shows.

Can only list one.

Sounds legit!

edit on 4/11/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It is definitely not all. It does seem to be growing in number though the amount of shows that are very hard progressive propaganda. I was curious about the new Sabrina show to see what the reboot was like and I could not even finish watching the first episode, it was non stop progressive propaganda.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have no doubt some are doing that, but not all.

There's no need for the hyperbole, it just makes the op sound like an overreacting alarmist.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
People actually watch the original content? Huh, whatever then.

We had Netflix for a couple of years, then my husband wanted to switch to Amazon to browse a different library. I'm kinda not impressed with it for anything but kids' content, but since I use it for old content & documentaries myself, it's satisfactory. They do have a nasty habit of money-gating the good older stuff, though. Between the two, stick with Netflix unless you want to find out everything of interest, original or not, is either "Buy Now" or linked to some other subscription service Amazon is playing middleman to.
edit on 11/4/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

You forgot the kitchen. I'll have a hamburger and beer please.

I’m not sure you would want me to make you a sandwich but if you insist 😉🤫😈💩

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Last good Netflix originals I watched were altered carbon (really good sci-fi), Marco pollo (ghengis khan post era), Narcos (Escobar), Black mirror, Ozarks (not bad but very drawn out), and then the movie "beasts of no nation" ( very good African child soldier war movie).

I noticed no hyper feminism in any of those. Ghengis khan's son had a house of whores all to himself. That's pushing feminism?!

Netflix pumps out a lot of content. I'm sure you could find feminism in other shows, but honestly, who cares? They provide a lot of excellent shows without any agenda..

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yea was going to say Netflix has thousands of shows to choose from.
It usually caters to what you usually watch. I go on my parents account and see completely different shows to what I usually watch. Mine is full of food documentaries, thrillers, and dramas. My parents is full of British TV series and stuff from the 70s.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join