It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if women went on a sex strike before the midterms?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: kaylaluv

Are you saying there's no joy for women in marriage? My wife would disagree.

TheRedneck

No, I’m not saying that at all. I was just telling about a study I read. I don’t know if the study is accurate for all women. I do know that there are joyless marriages out there. I suspect the point of the study may be that women have more substantial relationships with other women than men have with other men — so that single women are happier and more fulfilled than single men.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

The only marriages I can see a sex strike being effective would be one where women already hate having sex anyways.

Partners without sex are basically just friends...

Women that want to keep sex away from their partner will find that their partner will look for another partner, but hey you all can still be friends.

edit on 3-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TheOnlyAnswer

Sometimes when there’s no joy, life expectancies are shorter. Attitude is more powerful than you’d think!

Of course, that's obvious.

The data suggest though that barren, career-oriented women, are extremely depressed and resentful by the time they're in their 40s. They believed the lie that denying their biology and trying to compete with men, by acting like men, will provide them Joy, fulfillment and meaning.

Of course there are the outliers where it actually does. But for the vast majority of women a monogamous, family oriented, life provides far more long term joy and meaning.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'd say a lot of that is from competition. I can hang around my male friends and not compete with them... few women I have known can do that. They are trying to be the prettiest or show they have the biggest house or the most money or the best man...

How is that attitude the fault of any man?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

No, I’m not saying that at all. I was just telling about a study I read. I don’t know if the study is accurate for all women. I do know that there are joyless marriages out there. I suspect the point of the study may be that women have more substantial relationships with other women than men have with other men — so that single women are happier and more fulfilled than single men.

Women can literary turn off their sex drive and men typically can't, maybe that has something to do with it all.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
After 10 years it comes naturally, the strike I mean

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I doubt it would effect many people here.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Blue Balls = Red Wave

No worries.

We have sex bots now.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

She can put a hold on sex, that's fine - I'll just put a hold on the cunnilingus - we'll see who comes calling first,

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. What power are you talking about? Sex?

Some people on this thread think she is saying to withhold sex until you get what you want politically. They are not okay with that concept, and neither am I. But I don’t think that’s what she’s saying.

What I think she’s really saying is, if you don’t want to have sex, then don’t do it just to make your partner happy. She’s saying having that attitude (“what I want is just as important as what men want”) will carry over into other areas, like jobs, women’s reproductive rights, etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I can tell you are trying to start an argument with me, and frankly I’m not in the mood for it today. You tend to bring out the worst in me, so...

Have a nice day, and say hi to your wife for me!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Women can literary turn off their sex drive and men typically can't, maybe that has something to do with it all.
What a load of bull#, I don't run around craving sex. I've been single for years now but have girl friends the same as me who just want 'benefits' after a bottle of wine or whatever.
You speak for yourself not males in general.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What I think she’s really saying is, if you don’t want to have sex, then don’t do it just to make your partner happy. She’s saying having that attitude (“what I want is just as important as what men want”) will carry over into other areas, like jobs, women’s reproductive rights, etc.

I see it as more of a selfish attitude. God help a man who turns down their wife when the wife wants sex and the man really doesn't....Its like she is saying that there is no pleasure in pleasuring your partner and if that is where the relationship is at then as I said before there is a lot more wrong in that relationship.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
What a load of bull#, I don't run around craving sex. I've been single for years now but have girl friends the same as me who just want 'benefits' after a bottle of wine or whatever.
You speak for yourself not males in general.

I been around a lot of women in my life and I have know many that are crazy in bed, but they can go 6 months without and not really crave until the pump is primed.

I don't disagree that there are not horny women out there looking for "benefits" but I don't think that is the norm.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

What power are you talking about? Sex?

Not necessarily sex, but yeah... it's based in the sexual drive. Men want to please women as a rule. Men are protective of women as a rule. Women have something men want... and most women I have known are well capable of using that biological drive to get pretty much anything they want. It doesn't even matter if there's a chance of sex... men simply have that natural drive.

Most men, anyway. I won't argue there aren't exceptions. I just don't consider them men.

That statement just above is a good example. I expect other men to treat women well, because I try to. To me, it's just the way things are. I will involve myself if I see a woman being mistreated by a man... not so much if I see a man being mistreated.

And no, I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm asking questions to get you to challenge your beliefs, and to help me understand your position better. This is one of the best discussions we have ever had IMO. Is that a problem?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
It's the norm in my world, I have more than a few friends who want no strings sex with someone they trust.
I was disagreeing with your line about men being desperate for sex compared to women, that's bull# and you know it.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I really think that has something to do with the single women not having kids.
kids really seems to make a women age!!!
men too probably, but that would only be caused by the stress and worry over the kids while I think there is a biological reason behind the effect on women stemming from the pregnancy and childbirth part.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

It's the norm in my world, I have more than a few friends who want no strings sex with someone they trust.
I was disagreeing with your line about men being desperate for sex compared to women, that's bull# and you know it.

When I was young sex was rather big on my priorities list and if everything is as you say I would have gotten laid a hell of a lot more...lol

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

if you don’t want to have sex, then don’t do it just to make your partner happy.

If that is what the author was saying she completly missed what the idea of a marriage or relationship is... at least a healthy relationship involves sometimes doing things you dont want because you want to make them happy as much as you want to make yourself happy.

Its give and take for both sides not a competition, comparing a healthy relationship to getting ahead at work shows a warped way of thinking to me. (this is based off your interpetation of the author all comments are directed at the author not you)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Kids (especially young kids) are quite a handful on the woman! I helped as much as I could with ours when they were very young, but there's just some things a guy can't handle as well as a woman.

In my experience, that changes as they age. At birth, the man is just a sperm donor... but at early adulthood, the woman is just a security blanket. The man's role increases as the children age, and the woman's role decreases. Both are needed.

I dunno... I need to mull over your theory... thanks for bringing it up.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join