It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if women went on a sex strike before the midterms?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

And what if women fulfilled their own needs ie seeking out novelty and polygamy?

from the same article

In a radical upending of long-held stereotypes I think of as The Great Correction, they have discovered that when measured correctly, the female libido is as "strong" as the male. They have learned that the overfamiliarity with a spouse and the institutionalization of the relationship that accompany companionate domesticity actually dampen female desire in ways they don't male desire -- suggesting long-term, monogamous relationships may actually be harder for women than for men.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Why does the writer assume that only woman have sex when they dont want to?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Wow!!...so many thoughts!

1. After reading all the posts up to this point, I'd have to say this is one of the better threads on ATS! I might just go back and read them all again just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Heck, I might even take notes!! I don't think I've ever read a thread where I saw so many posts I wanted to respond to (both good and bad).

2. It's funny/amusing to me how many people examine only the moment at hand, but (conveniently?) forget the long and winding road they took to get here. They base their entire posture on this moment, completely ignoring what happened yesterday, or 5 years ago, or 1,000 years ago...or 200,000 years ago.

3. It is equally amusing to me (astounding actually) how some people, the CNN author in the OP's linked article in particular, just assume their starting point is some sort of accepted and agreed social starting point. The CNN author has made the astounding assumption that her vagina makes her so far superior to men that she (and others like her) can use it to make other men do something they wouldn't ordinarily do just because of it. Get over yourself, baby! You ain't all that! Most aren't.

(Side note - BTW, DB, I don't think she's all that 'hawt' at all, and don't really care what her ass looks like as a result!).

4. I'm puzzled by words like "research" and "studies have shown". Do people actually get paid to come up with this BS...OR, is this "research" just some wine induced sorrow-drowning theory drummed up by a group of 4-5 broken down scorned 40 year old women sitting alone in a corner of an empty TGI Friday's on a Thursday? Then, after they dreamed up their 'theory', they had it vetted by some unsure possible lesbian type professional student who can only fantasize about getting laid by an actual "guy", and fearing that she may ultimately have to take the chick with the biker wallet on a chain up on her offer of a date? Resultant headline...

"New Research: No Crumpets for You, Tough Guy!"

LOL! What a joke. LOL!
edit on 11/4/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: kaylaluv

And no, I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm asking questions to get you to challenge your beliefs, and to help me understand your position better. This is one of the best discussions we have ever had IMO. Is that a problem?

TheRedneck

She's withholding posting until you agree with her...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

...or it could be one of those dude-less orgasms.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Why does the writer assume that only woman have sex when they dont want to?

I know, I've had sex under duress before now, psycho bitch in local gang world threatened to get her psycho brother and mates to # me over if I didn't shag her, it would be called rape if our genders were reversed, fat cow, I hated it, but I didn't want to get knifed.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
but, I thought this is what the right wanted...
women not having sex, unless they wanted a kid???
I might disagree with the justification for what this women gives, but
the core of it should ring true for many on the right.
unless a women doesn't want to have another kid at the present time, she shouldn't be having the sex, right????
and let's face it, if a women were to follow this advice, she would be not having sex most of her life unless she had fertility problems.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I can assure you there will be plenty of women who feast while others famine.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I have never seen a woman that was easy or would put out for money or a job. It just seems to me its a minority of women that are just downright whorish.. No doubt they are loud and proud of their promiscuity but they do a dis-service to their gender. When they don't get their way they claim their "virtue" was somehow stolen.

I take it these are the type of women threatening a sex strike. If so, STD's should be put in check to some degree..

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A female sex strike was already described by the ancient Greeks, notably in Aristophanes's comedy titled Lysistrata.

en.wikipedia.org...

Despite a lengthy choral gender debate, it seems to end in a bit of an impasse for the women, who increasingly dessert the cause.

Not only do the female elders realize that they can be replaced by younger and more fertile women (whereas their husbands can technically stay fruitful until death), but I assume it was understood that many Greek warriors were by default bisexual, and they didn't put all their eggs in one basket.

So, strike ahead ...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just some light humor on the subject..

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-11-2018 by Scifi2424 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Using sex as a political weapon?!
Can the world get any crazier.
I don't know any girls who give a # about politics to go celibate, lmao that there is even any women who think this is a cool idea.
No sex unless you think like I do?! She'd be _javascript:bold()dumped in a heartbeat.

I think the left are taking inspiration from the Game of thrones villain "Cersei Lannister". It is what came to mind as I tried to remember where it was that I heard something similar before, and walaa, the mad queen popped in there, you know... the one that (Spoiler Alert) used terrorist tactics to eliminate her enemies.

Of course they will use this as a weapon, This is the ONE power many feminists have over weak minded beta males.

But wow they are desperate...(So desperate it is getting SCARY)

QueenCersei - Tears (Manipulation) aren't a woman's only weapon-Cersei Lannister

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Then the world would be overwhelmed by spiders and unopened pickle jars...

Stay Alpha

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

a reply to: TheRedneck

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. What power are you talking about? Sex?

Some people on this thread think she is saying to withhold sex until you get what you want politically. They are not okay with that concept, and neither am I. But I don’t think that’s what she’s saying.

What I think she’s really saying is, if you don’t want to have sex, then don’t do it just to make your partner happy. She’s saying having that attitude (“what I want is just as important as what men want”) will carry over into other areas, like jobs, women’s reproductive rights, etc.

No one's been stopping women from doing what they want or taking control.

If you have a crappy weak sense of self importance despite alllllllll the laws, protections, shelters, groups out there and slap on the wrist in courthouses as opposed to males that's a personal issue.

Why is it instead of accepting that everything holding you back is in your own head,
Women consistently blame men and have to "do" something involving messing with a man's life to do it?

It's always our fault somehow
Nothing is ever yours.

It's gotten so lame and blatantly obvious it's no wonder the rising epidemic of "Men Going their Own Way"

Statistaclly marriage financially benefits women far more than men
Even more overwhelming g is how divorce is beneficial mainly to women.

They aren't happier because they left a marriage.
They are happier because of the Alimony

What about our reproductive Rights?

What if I dont feel like having a kid?
Can you sign a release form if you want to exercise your Right to Life so I don't get dragged into your spontaneously destructive decisions that somehow always negatively effect people around you?

Men are the number one Victims of Violence worldwide.

Yet your TV's and Movies make it somehow ok for you to abuse men on screen.
Women also statistically are more likely to assault a spouse.
A fact Feminist organizations have intentionally tried to suppress for decades.

"Service sex"?

"Other Parts of their Life"

"Just as Important?"

I don't remember the last time I knew a woman who didn't put herself on a higher pedestal and priority than ANYONE ELSE... ESPECIALLY MALES!

Yeah, that's pretty much what studies are showing g the reason is for groups like MGTOW growing at exponential rates, with the occasional Incel recruit.

The Majority are either divorced and being exploited,
Or Males tired of the hypocritical abuse
Or young men who see how the MAJORITY of women treat their spouses or boyfriend's with no consideration to the psychological stress their emotional sociopathy causes.
Or men who were sexually abused by female peers or adult female authority figures.

The growing epidemic of female adult child molesters and rapists in Daycares and Schools is sickening.

You all should stop having sex,
Once the men have enough time to come up for fresh air they might finally notice how you are always making excuses to be self absorbed.
You make everything g about you.

I hope they do quit having sex with men

It would be nice for a change if a girl took her Gynocentric denialism of Accountability and go #### herself for a change.

My mom had a wonderful career and is living well on her own means.

My sister is also doing well.

But that's what happens when mom raises herself a girl in a Modern Conservative household that didn't make up stories of invisible patriarchies

Instead they focused on their schooling and career.

No one's OPPRESSING them or hindering their success.

I think women...no wait I said that wrong.

I think women who blame someone else for their life situation in America are full kf crap and just lazy no account Womanchild.

I hear the Lazy males who's lives are not what they dreamed talk about all the excuses all day long

There are whiners...
And then there are Doers.

You can talk or you can walk. There's only two choices in life.

My mom and sister and Grandmother are walkers.

Now tell me, WHICH ARE YOU?

a little Girl who thinks she has to somehow Get with someone else's life to get herself off her ass?

Or a REAL Woman, A Lady about town who doesnt cringe at the idea of digging their hands I to tje HARD WORK that brings SUCCESS?

Are you a bedwettie or a Boss Betty?

Only you can make that choice.

And it starts by not comparing yourself to stereotypes.

"I'm just as important" get that crap outta here and focus on a real goal.
A real thought.

A r
A choice that puts you front and center of your life without comparing yourself to anything g else.
That comparison is a distraction.
And will impede your personal growth.

Hard work wins.
Not the elevation of one gender at the exploitation of the other.

#MGTOW

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
CNN is the reason America is what it is.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer
Lol, I think I'm the only person in the world who has never watched an episode of Game of Thrones.
I'd be shocked if a girl friend said she was withholding sex for political reasons though, I'd actually laugh and be like wtf?!
This has to be some silly internet thing, I don't know any women in real life who would be like that.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: SoulSurfer
Lol, I think I'm the only person in the world who has never watched an episode of Game of Thrones.

You know nothing CornishCeltGuy...

See if you watched Game of Thrones you'd know how hilarious what I just said to you was!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Haha, I'll do a binge watch one day!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Divorce/dump them and find a woman who doest use her pussy as a wespon.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Shouldn't that dynamic have been worked out before marriage, in the courting phase?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If my sandwich maker stopped working, I'd just eat hot pockets(hot pockets) until I replaced it with a newer model.

I'd say " Hey, baby, you better put out already because I wear the pants in this house..not right now because I need to be serviced, so get to work! Wait a minute, who told you to put on shoes?!

Back in the crate you go!"

Feel free to print this post out and store in your wallet for future reference!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join