It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yawning Divide That Explains American Politics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

mind numbingly stupid

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

mind numbingly stupid

I know, now that ive stirred up the hornets nest in there imagine I have about 10 replies from various right wingers looking to slap me down, the catch call of the right should be something like, He-man and the power of numbskull.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

this is why I believe all power needs to be decentralized

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

be an interesting experiment to take a core group of objectively open minded individuals and conduct conversation with purely only this individuals in threads on the thread topics while ignoring the rest

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The only issue I see there is that the posts that would be ignored would fill so much space up that there would only be 1 or 2 replies worth reading on each page.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

so nothing changes?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mountainmeg

Again there are plenty of questions to be asked about all of this, and the OP misses that while the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed page may lean right, it's news pages do so much less.

I still question why the need to juxtapose those two specific groups.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Those that choose to have an open mind will do so and vice a versa, not much will change that.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

The phenomena you mention exists, but I have a different explanation: Gerrymandering.

Gerrymandered districts will largely group people along socioeconomic status, which will generally reflect education status. It's probably no concidence that the states that are the least gerrymandered are also the most purple.

What this eventually means is that, in a competitive district, candidates are forced to moderate and gain widespread appeal for a general election, this moderation cuts down on extremism. On the other hand, in a gerrymandered district, while more candidates will like who gets picked, since districts tend to be partisian echo chambers, they drift towards being more extreme.

In reality there's probably several reasons, and this is just one of them. I think other reasons are media sources that target more or less educated demographics, a decline in the nuance of discussing issues (debates turned to soundbytes which have now turned to memes), and rising social equality which has allowed more people to express their opinions.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Lumenari

Exactly, when women decide that they should not have children, we end up making ourselves extinct. What an exciting future that will be.

Can you imagine the last old geezers waddling around like poor old Lonesome George?

Technically/scientifically men are already not needed.

Frozen sperm lasts up to 20 years. And can easily be implanted.

But, that's not the topic, is it?

Women around the world now have more choice then in the past.

Many are choosing education and career.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
Unfortunately our schooling is not free, so education does come with a cost. But it also come with knowledge and education.

What knowledge and education is provided on a liberal arts campus that a person cannot find a majority of online from the comfort their home?

The only thing a university can provide is professional indoctrination and suppression of diversity of thought, and a piece of paper that says they made a group of tenured professors happy with their echo chamber answers.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Exactly, when women decide that they should not have children, we end up making ourselves extinct. What an exciting future that will be.

Can you imagine the last old geezers waddling around like poor old Lonesome George?

Then the freezer's compressor motor breaks down and the wymyns need someone to fix it before all the sperm thaws.

p.s. 'easily implanted' is not as easy as advertised. It takes a lot of hormones and sperm without a 100% guarantee of success. And where does that sperm come from, anyway? (no pun intended...)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Annee

Then the freezer's compressor motor breaks down and the wymyns need someone to fix it before all the sperm thaws.

p.s. 'easily implanted' is not as easy as advertised. It takes a lot of hormones and sperm without a 100% guarantee of success. And where does that sperm come from, anyway? (no pun intended...)

Uh huh -- as if the world only has one freezer.

Men will be born into a woman's world.

That's it. This is not on topic.

AGAIN -- women around the world now have more choice and many are choosing education and career. It's not just in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join