It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 most powerful and dangerous pistols of all time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I thought some of the membership might appreciate this youtube clip illustrating the amazing, possibly even ludicrous lengths people have gone to to scale up pistols to ridiculous limits. I was watching it with a mixture of comedy and shock. I understand nothing about the subject so please don't ask me any questions with regard to joules, muzzle velocity or ammo types but some look awful scary. They start with the Desert Eagle which I'm sure most of you are familiar with and work up from there.

Personally, I was amazed.

Can't think of much else to say so this is a short post. Don't shoot the OP!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Cool, i never woulda even if I coulda imagined......

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
term 'big shots' from the Italian 'Pezzonovante'

roughly translates as 'ninety-five caliber'

could use one of those against the neighborhood cats

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Sorry, your post went right over my head. I don't know calibre but please, don't shoot cats.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Definitely deserving of the Darwin Award.

What a waste.

Ps.

'Assault revolver' ?

Blah.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I thought the most dangerous handgun was the one in the hands of a criminal.
Brand and calibre dont really make much difference.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A Walther PP22 is my handgun of choice.
Cute little guy. Fits right in my pocket.
I aim for the nuts if I have to use it.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

You know, with guns and other weapons, I really like the whole big-bigger-best mentality.

Same with explosions...

Can't comment anything on effectiveness because in my country even a firecracker is illegal. Never fired a gun...

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I want to try thermite/thermate. Shhh! II believe that here in the Netherlands nitrate based fireworks are illegal. Cobra 6? Or is it Cobra 3? They make one hell of a bang.

I have fired a military rifle (legally) in my youth at a British army firing range. I was in the army cadets for a short time. I just thought the video was funny.

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"

edit on 2/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Thermite doesn't make much of a bang.
It just burns really hot and melts metal.
It is very easy to make with readily available materials.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. But in terms of danger, I would have the entire 7 list be the ring of fire pistols.

Aside from that, I hope the superb taurus
.357 long barrel is there. People always want to cry out about how the deagle is such a big powerful hand gun, but if you are a good shot, the superb .357 is practically a sniper rifle with a pistol format.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If you like videos about various firearms and the engineering behind them, check out Forgotten Weapons

I love the engineering behind firearms as well as their history and Ian's YouTube channel is one of the best collections of this kind of information I have ever seen.

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A while back I won a Smith & Wesson .500 Bone Collector pistol at a gun raffle. When I did a little research, I took the cash instead. It would have cost $6 a round for ammo. I got to shoot one a bit later. I made the smart choice, although it was neat seeing a cinder block just "go away".

A few years ago I was at a pistol range. The guy in the next lane was shooting a .44 Magnum. He made a remark about me getting a real gun instead of my 9mm. I timed it so that I fired at the same time he did. By the time he rode the recoil up and got back into firing position I had five rounds down range in a 2 inch group.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I definitely believe that these massive guns people are so proud of are totally impractical and just amount to overpriced toys for people with more money than sense.

Give me a .380 or 9mm with hollowpoints any day. (of course, I have small hands, so it might just be the jealousy talking) lol

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Only dangerous if in a criminals hand.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I know what thermite does and how easy it is to make. Not much opportunity to use it living in the middle of a large city with lots of people though.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

I totally agree with you. I can shoot a 9mm like a squirt gun. I practice shooting a 3 inch drink coaster at 30 feet. When I worked armed security our trainer told us that 30 feet is about the range that you can justify self-defense for. If I put 3 or 4 shots into that 3 inch area, I don't care if you are wearing a vest or not, you are going down.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'm not sure if any of those "earschplittenloudenboomer" pistols has a practical use. Even the smallest would be hard to conceal.

I just saw a video yesterday on Fox news. It was about new rifles the military is developing. They all have a larger, more powerful cartridge designed to defeat improved body armor they keep coming up with. Now I'm wondering if they will go with a heavier handgun also.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think some people missed the point on this thread. It's not about how wield-able, effective or usable the weapons are. Just that some people with gun-making skills can scale it up to ridiculous levels. I would guess that with the exception of a Desert Eagle most of the featured guns are not readily available to the general public.

TL DR It was a fun video, not advice on what people living in a gun tolerant country could or should be able to easily obtain.

edit on 2/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My pops has the Raging Taurus Judge, it’s a pretty narly hand cannon.

Huge rounds like a rifle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join