It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes they can make those claims at any legal port of entry. Not by illegally crossing the border. But they've already illegally crossed two borders and according to the interviews I've seen they're not qualified for asylum so do you think they'll walk their happy a$$es back home 2000 miles when they're denied asylum or try to enter illegally?

Asylum requires them to have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to:
Race
Religion
Nationality
Membership in a particular social group
Political opinion

The people I've seen want better jobs and less violence (but 'Murcia and her guns!?!?). That's not an asylum claim, that's an immigration claim. No need to come to the border for that. Apply for a visa from your home country.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

That's not an asylum claim, that's an immigration claim.
That's not for you to decide. Or are you an immigration official?

Apply for a visa from your home country.

They are not looking for a visa. They are seeking legal residence. And, apparently, conditions are bad enough that they are willing to walk more than a thousand miles to do so.
edit on 11/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That moment when you're reading a politically fueled porta-potty fire on ATS and get tempted to post a popcorn munching meme...

then you realize you're already actually eating popcorn...

and you are now the very meme you wanted to post. It was caramel and cheddar mix.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know the law. Don't need to be an official to read and understand the law.

Also, a visa is what you get for legal residence. You get it before you go to your new country to reside.

Here's a good, simple explanation: link

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Well now we have the militaries assessment of the situation at the border. For one thing, they have confirmed the Trump lie about terrorists being within the caravan:

MLCOA: Caravan dwindles as it nears US: limited TCO exploitation and no terrorist infiltration; ballon effect on smuggling

For those that don't know military acronyms, this stands for "Most Likely Course of Action". That means based on the best military information available, the military has found no evidence to indicate that terrorists are part of the caravan.

"Well now... we have the militaries assessment"???... As an Air Force Vet I can pretty much say reading your thread... you are definitely full of shi*. You're just as guilty of 'false information' as any third world government or banana republic propaganda. By your wording you are obviously NOT a military veteran or active duty anything and you're just another shi* starter trying to put your agenda and hate out on a blog for a reaction. Maybe you work for an outside source? Uhm? Not even a nice try here, just another attempt to sound like an authority or legitimate source of information. Sorry, most here know better and others absolutely see through your catch phrase crap. I'd love for a 'Special Forces' officer , (who may well be 'watching' this caravan from close proximity) to respond to this crap... but protocol would prevent that. "For those THAT DON'T KNOW MILITARY ACRONYMS"??? Such a military authority you are sir.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

5000 troops? there is a word for this...hoverthrill? cloverhill? oh wait i've got it-overkill.

it's nuts-The border near Juarez poses a bigger threat, but that's Trump for you, the sheepledog herding the sheeple.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
As many of you already know. Trump has on multiple occasions has attempted to drum up anger over the migrant caravan currently making it's way to our border, even though these caravans are a regular occurrence. He has even said that the caravan contains Middle Eastern Terrorists even though he admitted later he said that without any proof. He has even called the caravan an invasion of the United States. To combat these threats Trump has ordered at least 5000 military troops to the border. He is doing this even though the US Military is prevented by federal law from enforcing domestic law at all. So there really isn't much these troops will be able to do once they get to the border.

Well now we have the militaries assessment of the situation at the border. For one thing, they have confirmed the Trump lie about terrorists being within the caravan:

MLCOA: Caravan dwindles as it nears US: limited TCO exploitation and no terrorist infiltration; ballon effect on smuggling

For those that don't know military acronyms, this stands for "Most Likely Course of Action". That means based on the best military information available, the military has found no evidence to indicate that terrorists are part of the caravan.

Also, the military assessment also shows that it is highly unlikely that all 7,000 people will make it to the US border. The actual term used is "a small percentage" will make it to the border. They actually put the number at ~20%, so instead of 7000 we can expect around 1400. So much for an invasion.

G2 Assessment: Four large migrant caravans, originating from Honduras and consisting of approximately 7,000 people, are transiting through Mexico in an effort to enter the US. Based on historic trends, it is assessed that only a small percentage of the migrants will likely reach the border.

One more interesting tidbit. When listing the threats the military will likely face, they do not mention ANY threat from the migrants themselves. Instead, the threats they expect to face are from the unregulated border militias and extreme right and left protests.

Militias: Estimated 200 unregulated armed militia members currently operating along the SWB. Reported incidents of unregulated militias stealing National Guard equipment during deployments. The operate under the guise of citizen patrols supporting CBP primarily between POE's

Protests: Historically, protests occur at the various CBP POE's in support of immigrants and in some incidents, cause closures. Previous protests in support of immigration caravans and enforcement of immigration law have occured throughout the US. Normally peaceful unless extreme right or left groups attend

In conclusion, we are sending thousands of troops to the border to do absolutely nothing to combat the false reality that Trump paints. He is wasting taxpayer money on a political stunt. I'm sure my fellow conservatives will be as angry as I am due to this fiscal irresponsibility. Who am I kidding, you guys will defend him.

LINK

Man some of you people are super naive.

Attacks on the u.s. are not in the form of traditional weapons and army.

They use out of the box methods like the funding of caravans from the leading homicide capitals of the world to break through the border.

Over population. Lack of jobs. Lack of resources. No room in schools, disease prevention is all very serious and a threat these caravans impose.

Much more dangerous then a weapon in the long run

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Not really overkill at all. They have a ton of area to prepare.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join