It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: djz3ro

Of course.

I come from immigrants. Grandparents on my moms side, great grandparents on my dad's side.

All I'm saying is we can't take everyone and there is a process.

We lead the way because we are a country of immigrants.

I agree. I also tend to think there will be some of these immigrants turned away but there will be those who follow procedure and get in, I reckon over half.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

BTW, Jackal, posse comitatus does not forbides the President from using our troops to stop an invasion, and an invasion it is when people who are neither legal residents, nor U.S. citizens are trying to forcefully enter the U.S. Those people in the caravan have shown to be criminals who will break fences and attack police officers, and btw there is a video of at least one of those people admitting he wants a pardon for a felony he committed in Honduras... That felony was "attempted murder..." So there is your evidence that there are criminals in the caravan...

So what were you saying about "liars"?...

edit on 3-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

It is fair to say there will be a certain population of rapists/murders among them (and every other arbitrary group, for that matter) but it by no means says they are all rapists or murders. A lot of families in that group too

It is a touchy topic I realize that, but remember there are innocent children in this group also. I am opposed to illegal immigration, and I do believe this constitutes an invasion by foreigners. But we must keep our perspective and not give in to fear or the feeling of anger that stems from watching individuals blatantly violating our laws/sovereignty

My ancestors were also immigrants (weren't most of us at some point), but they did it the legal way and worked hard to become US citizens. The simple fact is that we do not need to dehumanize or demonize these folks to make our point: our argument is objectively correct. Illegal immigration is objectively wrong, and breaking our laws is also wrong. We are a nation of immigrants, and I'd be proud to call any of those Caravan folks fellow Americans provided they go through the process and follow our rules to become a legal resident/Citizen

Its a damn shame, and this has to end. And I have no doubt it will. But we should not risk setting any dangerous precedents in the mean time, in my humble opinion

No one is worried about immigrants "Un-Americanizing" our country. Fact is, after 1-2 generations immigrants are generally fully assimilated into American culture and are fully red-blooded Americans. My only concern is the legitimacy of our legal system and the natural end result of lawlessness (more lawlessness, chaos and anarchy). Most people who immigrate here see a marked improvement in their quality of life/health/safety/successfulness and as a result they naturally become loyal the country that gave them the opportunity to succeed
edit on 11/3/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I wish there were more like you JB

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I don't understand what creates that mentality, that's what I'm saying. And I'd really LIKE to understand.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

but you live in indigenous homeland

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

LOL!

>Caravan starts at 2k
>Trump warns them to turn around
>Caravan grows to 5k
>Trumps tells other countries he'll pull their funding
>Caravan grows to 7500
>Trump threatens to send military to the border
>Caravan grows to 10k
>Trump sends military to border
>Caravan numbers now down to 1400

Your response = Drumpf is an idiot and is lying about the caravan! It's not even a threat!

It's really just sad how much mush must be between those ears.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
a reply to: loam

but you live in indigenous homeland

According to research they arent from around america either orginally.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If you're a terrorist, and you wanted into America. This is the only logical move...to walk right in. You can't tell me that ISIS would pass up such an opportunity.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You're absolutely correct, you should only trust news if Trump tweets it then you will know it's 100% true!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
1400 is not an invasion? Are you going to pay to vaccinate/immunize, feed, shelter and educate them? We as taxpayers are.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

LOL!

>Caravan starts at 2k
>Trump warns them to turn around
>Caravan grows to 5k
>Trumps tells other countries he'll pull their funding
>Caravan grows to 7500
>Trump threatens to send military to the border
>Caravan grows to 10k
>Trump sends military to border
>Caravan numbers now down to 1400

Your response = Drumpf is an idiot and is lying about the caravan! It's not even a threat!

It's really just sad how much mush must be between those ears.

Caravan numbers are speculative, at best. The numbers may now be 7,000 that's with U.S. military personnel at the border (putting up barbed wire everywhere). Many have chosen to accept Mexico's temporary asylum offer, whatever temporary means - probably due to being tired and hungry, as well as believing that all the American people don't want them via the POTUS' statements (who does not speak for all Americans, but they don't know that coming from countries with corrupt government leaders and the powerlessness of the people).

These people have left their countries due to death threats from gang members - they have no protection from their government and fear for their lives - this is persecution and it is a damn good reason for the American government to give permanent asylum, but -

A recent empirical analysis by three legal scholars described the U.S. asylum process as a game of refugee roulette; that is to say that the outcome of asylum determinations depends in large part on the personality of the particular adjudicator to whom an application is randomly assigned, rather than on the merits of the case.

BROKEN!

en.wikipedia.org...

“I want to get to the States to contribute to that country,” he told the AP last week, “to do any kind of work, picking up garbage.” Cristian, 34, shuttered his small business and left San Pedro Sula after gang members demanded $83 per month in protection payments — a fifth of his income. He has four daughters, and declined to give his last name after gangsters threatened him.

Jimenez Flores, a truck driver, faced death threats after he called the police on a gang that attacked his brother. “I spent four months hidden,” he said. “I couldn’t even go into the street. I can’t go back.”

Alba Luz Giron Ramirez, a mother of three and former shop worker, left San Pedro Sula, Honduras, after gangs killed her brother and threatened her. On Friday, she stood in a throng of women with small children at the border gate from Guatemalato Mexico. "Please ... Let us pass,” she pleaded to border authorities. Her son Ramon, 5, spoke quietly. “We want them to give us permission to go to Mexico,” the boy said. “We wouldn’t stay.”

Gerson Monterosa, a factory worker, fled Honduras after a group of young men demanded roughly $200 a month in “rent” — meaning extortion — just for living in his own home. (One in five Hondurans live on less than $1.90 a day, according to the World Bank.)

“They gave me a piece of paper saying that if I didn’t pay them they were going to kill me,” Monterosa said this week. “They gave a week or they were going to burn down the house.”

José Anibal Rivera, 52, an unemployed security guard from San Pedro Sula, crossed into Mexico by raft Sunday and joined the caravan. “There are like 500 more people behind me,” he told the AP.

------------------

Scarleth Cruz, 21, said she left oppression in Honduras but would take political asylum in Mexico.

“Why would I want to go to the United States if I’m going to be persecuted” there as well, she said.

www.usatoday.com...

So, are there undesireables within the caravan now, very well could be, but instead of demonizing all the migrants, why not fix your broken systems?

Definition of Persecution:

The caravans have been a fairly common tactic for years among advocacy groups to bring attention to Central American citizens seeking asylum in the U.S. to escape political persecution or criminal threats from gangs.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
If you're a terrorist, and you wanted into America. This is the only logical move...to walk right in. You can't tell me that ISIS would pass up such an opportunity.

If Daesh wanted in they could easily sneak in to some of your neighboring countries that can't afford to secure their borders as well as you unnoticed and cross at a week point at the Mexican border unnoticed. Not risk being caught using a method that will be guaranteed to draw attention.

So maybe this caravan isn't about the midterms after all. Perhaps it's a distraction?

Anyone know what's going on to the Right while we're all looking Left?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

They've been offered asylum in Mexico (also, if they want asylum they have to apply for it the first country they get to after fleeing theirs. They have to go through two or three to get here) and they declined the offer. Doesn't sound like they're really looking for asylum from their terrible countries. Sounds like they want to abuse our broken immigration system and get some hand outs.
edit on 4-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

the French didnt believe the Germans were a threat..
the Russians didnt believe the Germans were a threat..
some British didnt believe the Germans were a threat..

I guess Trump should just let them all in and give them tourist maps and say ''welcome'' right?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

They've been offered asylum in Mexico (also, if they want asylum they have to apply for it the first country they get to after fleeing theirs. They have to go through two or three to get here) and they declined the offer. Doesn't sound like they're really looking for asylum from their terrible countries. Sounds like they want to abuse our broken immigration system and get some hand outs.

If you were them would you want to start at the bottom in Mexico?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What.... the military is not allowed to defend our borders ???? Pardon me but wtf!!!!! Oh and NYT, Wikipedia and Vox well ok then ....

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Common language and culture. Yeah. If I were fleeing a war torn US I'd go to Canada because they speak English and French (I speak both) and have a similar culture. But I wouldn't flee. I would fight for this country.

Are you saying Mexico is a #hole? Racist much?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

the French didnt believe the Germans were a threat..
the Russians didnt believe the Germans were a threat..
some British didnt believe the Germans were a threat..
You are wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Sounds like they want to abuse our broken immigration system and get some hand outs.

Maybe. They're in for a rude awakening when their asylum requests are denied.

Requests which our laws say they have a right to make.

edit on 11/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join