It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Up to 15K troops could be sent to border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Ordering it without an act of Congress is certainly an abuse of power and impeachable.

You're making yourself look stupid. Educate yourself.

Deny ignorance and all that jazz.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What is unconstitutional is that leftist mindset. Stop listening to the Alex Jones propaganda & free your mind.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Actually no, their power extends to where there is a threat. Currently we have a massive humanitarian crisis about to occur on our border. Unarmed assistance is being deployed to help prevent any threats, and as the President has stated to provide logistical support in order to process over at last count 15 thousand individuals prepared to cross the border.

We actually have no idea exactly how many people die every year in the attempt to cross the desert but there is no doubt it is higher than it needs to be. We are already in a crisis mode with our own citizens who are in Florida and North Carolina, not to mention the other states that are affected by the hurricanes. The military is uniquely qualified to provide assistance to the Border Patrol already stretched thin by the 12 thousand illegal crossings each month by some estimates.

Do you believe that the military's power stops at the borders of military installations in the event of some foreign power that threatens our air space ? Daily, we have sorties which intercept other nations aircraft flying towards US airspace, Naval vessels patrol the coast in event of foreign subs or vessels. The militaries powers are not to be active in daily routine police actions nor against the civilian populations, but possecomitatis does not prevent operations in the event of a threat. While this caravan is not a traditional threat, the military can provide assistance to ensure the safety of our borders, our citizens, and the safety of these individuals. They will do so in the same professional manner they do every day on US soil

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Vector99
The hostility of this group has been shown in countless videos.

Can you show with 100% absolute undeniable facts that they are unarmed? Not an "I doubt they are armed", but actual 100% physical proof that they are not.

They've been shown to be hostile to the United States?

They've been shown to be hostile PERIOD.

Stop trolling, you're no good at it.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I believe one of the caravans have guns. They shot 2 Mexican police the other day. Also they've been making and using molotov cocktails. Also other home made weapons. I believe their actions to get their way do represent them to be hostile.
edit on 31-10-2018 by napayshni57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: lordcomac
Of course they'll be armed- what good is 15,000 unarmed goons against an invasion?

In that case, people who still support this just need to stop pretending and come out and say:

"Who am I kidding, I don't care one little bit about the Constitution. I only care about Trump and the America he is creating."

This would avoid so many senseless and pointless debates.

What does placing US troops on the border have to do with the Constitution ?
Answer that truthfully , and Deny your own Ignorance.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
Anyone still slow enough to believe this is about immigration and not about conditioning people to accept military unconstitutionally on our US soil?

So, I'll repeat for effect: is anyone thick enough to still believe these 20,000 armed military are there to stop some 3-5,000 unarmed civilians, with exhausted and sick women and children.

How about this question: Are you thick enough to believe that we will fall for the tired claim of "women and children" that chooses to disregard the images of the actual caravan showing thousands of fighting-aged men in the ranks?

And furthermore, how do you know that they are unarmed? Have you verified that? Has any entity, government or otherwise, verified that? (Note: "Verified" is not the same as "reported" or "claimed.")

Also, many of us who are not the "sheeple" whom you claim to be waking up have the ability to comprehend that, between now and then, a LOT can change. The number can increase as people who may have been planning to cross the border are now waiting to join for the safety-in-numbers approach. While I don't necessarily think this to be the case, there could also be hoards of weapons and drugs and other things awaiting them in northern Mexico as they approach.

There are reports from people in the countries from which they left and through which they are traveling that are claiming that many/most of the people migrating this way are criminals who are incapable of finding work in their home countries. True or not, the reality is that there probably is a large number who fit such a description.

A large group like this would be a logistical dream for people/organizations to do things like smuggle drugs/weapons/people into a country, so if we as a country are unwilling to prepare for the worst, then we are not doing our due diligence.

Whether or not you think that is a cover for some militarized, police-state conditioning by the NWO is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

tell me, would these lines of heavy artillery fire hitting a few hundred feet in front of them, land on mexican soil??
can't help but wonder just what mexico is gonna think as they watch 10,000, 15,000 however big the mass of troops are gonna be mass on the border we share with them.
I know what our reaction would be!!! send more troops than you see along our border, just in case.

I've seen some videos on you tube spreading stories about china and russian ships amassing off the coast of venezuela, brazil's new president wanting to invade venezuela, and well, the possibility that this might lead to the third world war.
I admit, trump's words are probably more a political ploy to please his base and well, sending one little tank containing four men would meet the "up to 15,000" that trump is talking about.
but are you sure this isn't about something that has little to do with a group, albeit large group, a men, women, and children making their way here trying to escape the violence and poverty in their homeland?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

The military's PRIMARY FUNCTION is to protect US Borders!!

Where are you lefties getting your crazy on this one?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Anyone still slow enough to believe this is about immigration and not about conditioning people to accept military unconstitutionally on our US soil?

Nearly all of them?

I've got two words for our authoritarian fanbois on board: ARSOF 2022

Operationalize the CONUS base and all that, ya know. This PsyOps works like a charme, and you act like the useful idiots you obviously chose to be.

This is probably the world's first "caravan" without any goods for trade, but this "invasion" Newspeak really should hit people in the face like a fcking sledgehammer. Instead, we have people dismissing a good conspiracy theory on a conspiracy board for the sake of their beloved politics.
Which presents us with a different kind of conspiracy in somewhat related news.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

tell me, would these lines of heavy artillery fire hitting a few hundred feet in front of them, land on mexican soil??
can't help but wonder just what mexico is gonna think as they watch 10,000, 15,000 however big the mass of troops are gonna be mass on the border we share with them.
I know what our reaction would be!!! send more troops than you see along our border, just in case.

I've seen some videos on you tube spreading stories about china and russian ships amassing off the coast of venezuela, brazil's new president wanting to invade venezuela, and well, the possibility that this might lead to the third world war.
I admit, trump's words are probably more a political ploy to please his base and well, sending one little tank containing four men would meet the "up to 15,000" that trump is talking about.
but are you sure this isn't about something that has little to do with a group, albeit large group, a men, women, and children making their way here trying to escape the violence and poverty in their homeland?

It's OK, Sweetie.

Calm yourself.

Breathe. In through the nose, out through the mouth.

In.... Out.....

Now.

I think you may be confused.

I didn't suggest it was going to happen.

I just stating a fact. Brain-numbing explosions are, potentially, a very efficient deterrent, should a specific situation arise where the objective is to prevent a group of insurgents from relocating.

Well, that, and the fact that explosions are always a hoot...

And fire, pretty!
edit on 1-11-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

only, the brain numbing explosions couldn't prevent these people from entering the country, since those explosions would have to occur on US land, else it's basically a declaration of war against mexico! same with firing shots into the crowd across the border.
and my emotions are in check, they are fine.. I am just pointing out how crazy some are sounding. the US would be on high alert status if either canada or mexico started sending that many troops towards our border regardless of the reason they were given for it. don't expect mexico to act any differently than we would.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I would think that President Trump would be in communications with the President of Mexico and if he got the all clear from the Mexican President to take what actions he feels necessary to defend our border from this invasion then what would be the problem?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

That video made muh testosterone flare up a bit ! WoW

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

My nipples are rock-hard watching that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join