It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Up to 15K troops could be sent to border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Anyone still slow enough to believe this is about immigration and not about conditioning people to accept military unconstitutionally on our US soil?

washingtonpost.com

President Donald Trump says the number of military troops deployed to the U.S.-Mexican border could go as high as 15,000.

Trump told reporters at the White House on Wednesday that “we’ll go up to anywhere between 10 and 15,000 military personnel on top of Border Patrol, ICE and everybody else at the border.”

That's on top of the 2,100 National Guard and other personnel from other branches of government.

And the caravan has dwindled to half of what it was: from 7,000 down to some 3,500 by last count.

So, I'll repeat for effect: is anyone thick enough to still believe these 20,000 armed military are there to stop some 3-5,000 unarmed civilians, with exhausted and sick women and children.

Wake up sheeple! Wake up before it's too late!

This thread is not even about Trump, this is pure and simple NWO in action.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I'm anxious to see how this plays out. I really hope this caravan is stopped and not allowed entry. If they are allowed in, it sets a dangerous precedence and will be so much harder in the future to stop something that is already totally out of control.

Trump has to stand his ground on this one, I think failing on this he will lose a sizeable chunk of his supporters.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
So, I'll repeat for effect: is anyone thick enough to still believe these 20,000 armed military are there to stop some 3-5,000 unarmed civilians, with exhausted and sick women and children.

Every source I've seen says the troops being sent are non-combat units for logistics and supporting roles. Please provide a source that says these will be armed, combat troops.
edit on 10/31/2018 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can't find a good link with what the border patrol wants/needs? It's all political.

Does the border patrol want national guard troops? That's the real question that we should all be asking but how do you find and answer to that?

I did find this....From 2006 to 2008, Bush deployed 6,000 National Guard personnel when the government was trying to hire more CBP agents. Obama activated 1,200 National Guard from 2010 to 2012 to strengthen border security.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Every source I've seen says the troops being sent are non-combat units for logistics and supporting roles. Please provide a source that says these will be armed, combat troops.

The problem for Trump, though, is that the military won’t actually be able to participate in detaining or deporting any of the migrants the way the president likely wants. That’s because US law forbids them from physically detaining individuals at the border.

So while the troops at the border will be armed, they will only legally be able to assist US border officials by doing things like helping transport border agents and providing emergency medical care to those who need it. The armed forces can also work to reinforce infrastructure around the border, like putting additional razor wire on border fences.

vox

First link in google after I searched. Trump has been talking about this and they will be armed. US Army... armed... on our soil.

This time they won't apprehend and detain people, but that's why this is step one. You can't go all gung-ho right off the bat. You need to gradually get people ready for it.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

From what I have heard, you are correct. They are also going to lay down a snip load of razor wire! Guess if you dumb enough to rampage your way thru that, Darwinism will win?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I remember after the Boston bombing there were loads of threads on ATS about the implementation of Martial law because the streets were swarming with heavily armed cops. Now I remember it at the time and people were really up in arms about it.

Trump wanting to deploy actual troops on the continental United States that to me is pretty much martial law, actually using troops for what is a law enforcement operation to me is martial law. Sure he is not yet gone as far as suspending posse committals but this to me looks like a slippery slope.

He starts of by doing with to protect the boarder, next it might be to end a riot...then its to enforce something else and before you know it the military are doing the job of law enforcement.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I can't find a good link with what the border patrol wants/needs? It's all political.

Does the border patrol want national guard troops? That's the real question that we should all be asking but how do you find and answer to that?

I did find this....From 2006 to 2008, Bush deployed 6,000 National Guard personnel when the government was trying to hire more CBP agents. Obama activated 1,200 National Guard from 2010 to 2012 to strengthen border security.

And NG is fine, that's their job. They're trained for it, have the resources and are legally allowed to do this. Armed military is not allowed on our soil.

That's an attack on the Constitution right there. Add it to the attack onto the 14th Amendment and we have two crises at once.

*smh*

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

From what I have heard, you are correct. They are also going to lay down a snip load of razor wire! Guess if you dumb enough to rampage your way thru that, Darwinism will win?

Read just one post above yours for proof. I expect a star also for proving that assertion wrong.

Also, do any combination of "armed troops border" or whatever words you think will work and you'll get more material saying they will be armed. Search is such an easy tool.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Of course they'll be armed- what good is 15,000 unarmed goons against an invasion?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Please provide a source that says these will be armed, combat troops.

15,000 troops are going to lock arms. or hold hands where the terrain is rough, all along the border and play Red Rover with immigrants!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Of course they'll be armed- what good is 15,000 unarmed goons against an invasion?

In that case, people who still support this just need to stop pretending and come out and say:

"Who am I kidding, I don't care one little bit about the Constitution. I only care about Trump and the America he is creating."

This would avoid so many senseless and pointless debates.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Please provide a source that says these will be armed, combat troops.

15,000 troops are going to lock arms. or hold hands where the terrain is rough, all along the border and play Red Rover with immigrants!

They will probably be support and logistics...processing, surveilannce, communications, etc etc etc.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

There was a time not too long ago here on ATS when the world was coming to an end because Obama was sending troops to Texas, Jade Helm. Jade Helm, which was ironically one of Russia's first attempts in getting into online US manipulation. They tested the waters to see what kind of impact they would have and the rest is history. Their online manipulation is still very present even here on ATS.

But I digress... Obama sending troops for a training exercise was the end of the world. Trump sending even more troops than originally reported, conservatives cheer.

edit on 31-10-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Read just one post above yours for proof. I expect a star also for proving that assertion wrong.

Also, do any combination of "armed troops border" or whatever words you think will work and you'll get more material saying they will be armed. Search is such an easy tool.

You provided a link to VOX which in my opinion is the equivalent to the left wing Alex Jones. We have a hoard of violent foreign nationals wanting to crash our border and DEMAND entry. I sure as hell hope our military is armed to protect our nation from people who believe they are entitled to just walk on in with no consequences? How about you try to leave the US without a passport!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well, its still hundred of miles away and there's a good chance will never reach the US boarder. Then what? Will the military pack it up and go home? Mission accomplished?

What a waste of time, money, and resources this is, and all in time just before mid terms too! That's all this, a political stunt to solidify the GOP's base. What fools they all are.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You provided a link to VOX which in my opinion is the equivalent to the left wing Alex Jones. We have a hoard of violent foreign nationals wanting to crash our border and DEMAND entry. I sure as hell hope our military is armed to protect our nation from people who believe they are entitled to just walk on in with no consequences? How about you try to leave the US without a passport!

Ok, now that you have said that, I have to refer you to this post above:

In that case, people who still support this just need to stop pretending and come out and say:

"Who am I kidding, I don't care one little bit about the Constitution. I only care about Trump and the America he is creating."

This would avoid so many senseless and pointless debates.

Thanks for being clear on your stance. I guess there is not much for us to talk about. I DO care about the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Obviously, Trump is just blowing smoke about a non-issue, in an attempt to rally his followers for the mid term elections,

It's going to take them months to get to the US border and by that time, it'll be no more than a few hundred people... But just keep drinking that kool-aid.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well, its still hundred of miles away and there's a good chance will never reach the US boarder. Then what? Will the military pack it up and go home? Mission accomplished?

What a waste of time, money, and resources this is, and all in time just before mid terms too! That's all this, a political stunt to solidify the GOP's base. What fools they all are.

If the caravan stops and disbands, and the need for the military is no longer necessary, I'm sure they'll pack up and go home. Their presence, or the announcement of their presence is probably what facilitated that outcome.

I'd say it wasn't a waste of time and money, if they were sitting on base and doing training exercises they were still getting paid.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The more the merrier, Hoss, the more the merrier.

There are very few things more dissuasive to criminals than a line of heavy artillery fire hitting a few hundred feet in front of them.

Then bring in the Hogs and lay down a couple of lines of 30mm wonderfulness, you know, just in case they still think we're F'ing around.

hehehe...

That would be cool...!

Actually, the "BRRrrrrrrrrrrrtttt" alone is probably enough to make these lemmings scream like little girls, and take a serious moment to reconsider their life choices, before pissing themselves while running in the opposite direction. Really fast.
edit on 31-10-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join