It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant live in this liberal world!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: TrueBrit

"Theres nothing liberal about..."

I don't think many of us have much of a problem with true liberalism. I support legalization of marijuana, prison reform, a little something for the needy, etc.

Why are you so hyperfocused on the word Liberal?

Can't you even address a few of the grievances he has listed? You've admitted joke telling has been censored by the government. I don't really consider that a liberal thing either, but, its a valid greivance. It IS happening. Whether you agree or not, you have to admit there IS a decent argument against the censoring o speech...

The title of this thread has the word "liberal" in it. That could be a reason why he's so "hyperfocused" on it, because he's using the language of the OP.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

You poor thing. Cut those silly chains you've put yourself in; they're ridiculous.
Nobody is doing anything to you. You are doing it to yourself, and giving yourself this little self-pitying affirmation session is not helping.

Put on your big boy pants and act like a grown up and stop blaming everybody else for your self-inflicted issues.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
I cant make jokes.

Make the joke and ignore the "offended".

I cant criticize certain films

Who's stopping you? Ignore the "offended". Who cares about an offended film buff anyway?

I have to feel guilty for bring white and male.

No, YOU decide to feel guilty. Ignore the baiters.

I have to accept being preached at for the above or I am a racist bigot.

No, you don't have to accept being preached at. Ignore the baiters.

I have to feel bad about being a hard working professional.

No, you don't. Stand up for yourself. Ignore the baiters.

I cant criticize those mooching off the state.

No, you... er... you know the drill by now... Etc. Etc.

In summation: Stop CARING about what other people think, so long as your own point of view does not lead to undue substantial, realistic harm to others.

Problem solved. There is no charge.
I'm here all week. Try the fish.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
I cant make jokes.
I cant criticize certain films
I have to feel guilty for bring white and male.
I have to accept being preached at for the above or I am a racist bigot.
I have to been bad about being a hard working professional.
I cant criticize those mooching off the state.
I am wrong to expect a level of manners and respect.
All my favorite comedians and comedy shows are being phases out or censored because of "PC".
People in my country are being arrested for making #ing jokes!
Favorite films and franchises are becoming politicized and destroyed.
I am being told what I can eat and what I can or cant wear.
I am meant to welcome illegal immigrants from African but suck it up and accept that I have friends and family who can immigrate over LEGALLY from white, Asian or Hispanic country's.
I have to and like to be multicultural and celebrate others cultures (which is good) but its wrong to culturally appropriate!
I have bend over backwards to accommodate sexist Islamic religious customs or I am a Islamophobic.
Its ok for for masks vigilantes to attack people for having different opinions.
I cant admire or chat up a woman or I am a sexist "perv" who rapes with my eyes.
It its wrong for a entrepreneur to profit off his ideas and success but ok for a multi billionaire Nazi Sympathizer to fix elections and stage protests.
I have to accept men as women and men as women.
I am being lumped with eco taxed and told how evil I am to the environment yet liberal celebrates and politicians can own private jets

Fun, individuality, comedy,justice, love are all being warped, twisted and destroyed.

2+2=5

And I cant accept that........ The world is becoming dead to me......

Wow!
You sure seem to think that you have a lot of problems!
All somebody else's fault too eh? Imagine that!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

Maybe you should knit yourself a pretty pink pussy hat and take to the streets

You sound oppressed

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

We've had this discussion before - if words are just words why do you bother being here?

Did I say 'words are just words'?
Or did I say:

Everyone is so hung up on words...........words actually trigger something in people.....they are spells.
?

Gotta love ATS...3 stars for a lie!!
edit on 31-10-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
if you bothered reading the thread so far, the OP is from UK.

If you bothered reading the thread you would have seen that TrueBrit had already been informed and had acknowledged that the OP is from the UK.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Censoring of free speech?

Have you ever heard of Frankie Boyle? He is a very popular Scots comedian, Scotland still, currently, being a part of the United Kingdom and all that, you might be shocked to learn that he also tells OUTRAGEOUS jokes, about EVERYBODY, has a mouth like a sewer and a wit that cuts like a laser beam.

The reality is that if people are coming afoul of the law because of something they ACTUALLY did say, or ACTUALLY did do, then they have had to go beyond cracking jokes, and right into abuse issuing from a phobic mindset. If they have been ARRESTED, or charged with a criminal offense under the law, then no, they have not been cracking jokes, they have not been engaging in banter. Unless they have simply been falsely accused over an event that did not even happen, a person running afoul of the law in this country, being arrested by the police, being dealt with in criminal court rather than in a private prosecution, has been involved in behaviour which can be accurately described as a comedic misadventure.

As for the rest of the nonsense the poster spouted, there is absolutely no truth to any of those things. It is not true that one cannot criticise certain people. It is true that one cannot ridicule or criticise people from the position of a phobic mindset, because that intent renders the contribution deliberately inflammatory, rather than comedic, or indeed legitimately humanitarian. Trying to palm off insults as criticism, or deliberate incitement to violence as comedy, is not legitimate in the slightest, and there are lines between these things which ONLY those who have a phobic mindset, are seeking to tread across, in violation of our laws.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Tell that to the bloke that ended up in front of a judge for teaching his dog to do a nazi salute for a joke.

He clearly was not a Nazi and did it for joke.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I am British.

When things get tough, Britons do not merely up and leave their homeland, they do not merely abandon their ancestors and their memories, and scuttle off to safety. We would never have stood against the Nazis, or given as good of an account of ourselves against the Romans as we did, were that in our DNA. Some of them have, in times past, resulting in the contingent which left Britain on the Mayflower. But most of us do not. That is how you can tell that this little spit of land, this beautiful little scrap of soil in the water, off the coast of Europe, contains some of the most tenacious, hardy people ever born to the face of Earth. Despite my ancestors being strangled by mad monarchs in times long past, or the soot and smoke of the factories my ancestors were forced into, despite being used as cannon fodder in two world wars, Britons remain and will as long as I draw breath, tenacious, stronger than the forces applied to them.

I also refuse to abandon those of my countrymen less hardy than I am, to a fate that they cannot escape even if they were of a mind to leave, which is most of the people who are worth worrying about, or worth my time. If my grandparents could live through the Blitz, through WWII, then I can live through this, but if I am going to, I am going to make damned sure that the powers seeking to oppress my people and appease intolerance, greed, phobia related violence of every kind, are smashed and broken. There will be no relent, there will be no retreat. There will be only unending pressure to create positive change, the kind of progress that benefits the whole, not the rich, entitled few.

You seem quite stopped..entirely.

Unending pressure which had not ever being on the correct targets.

You lefties have no idea how badly you have been had, your movements have done nothing but make it easier for the rich to control and laugh at us all.

Hilarious how they got you believing right leaners are your biggest problem, the left has taken you for a long hard ride..and will continue to do so.

Anyone who wants to really defeat the problems in this world will not be a lefty in any form...the world goes to a different kind of hell when they are in power..one with zero hope and satisfaction...for all is unfetteref belief in lies and celebration of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

"Bull crap! You don’t have to do any those things, if you want to go around blasting people with hate and contempt then that’s on you. You choose the path of least resistance (conformity) to make your life a little bit easier so that people around you won’t know how you really feel then subsequently shame you for it. Well lookie here my friend, I’d like to take a second of your time and tell you about a little thing called freewill, yes that’s right you heard correctly, freewill. Basically as long as you don’t give two craps about what other people think then you are free to do or say whatever you want. One small disclaimer though, if your rants/thoughts/opinions are found by others to be insensitive, racist, sexist or just down right generally offensive then be prepared to hear about it. So go ahead man up today and let the world know exactly how you feel."

#triggered 🤣
edit on 03/27/2014 by knowledge4truth because: Oops

edit on 03/27/2014 by knowledge4truth because: Oops

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join