It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant live in this liberal world!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The poster lives in the UK.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

Like Lagomorphe, I suspected you were American, I apologize. UK is going down a bad road - may be some hope with Brexit but it will be an uphill battle.

Stay strong and good luck.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
I cant make jokes.

You might become a liberal and then there's a good chance you'd at least be a joke.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

For those who feel they cannot live in this world.....the answer is kill yourself!!

That's rather insensitive coming from you.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

We've had this discussion before - if words are just words why do you bother being here?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Then the mug is talking from even deeper within their own arse.

There is nothing liberal about our government killing over a hundred thousand of our citizens by deliberate neglect and starvation, through cuts, over the course of the last decade. There is nothing lefty about our government continuing to trade with Saudi Arabia, and co-operate with them despite years of human rights abuses. There is nothing left wing or liberal friendly about the universal credit roll out, or about the austerity politics that has dominated the last decade and a half, or the fact that our political leaders are some of the most corrupt, back hander taking scum that conservatism has ever, EVER produced in this country.

There is nothing liberal about towers full of people being permitted to burn, in order to save a measly few thousand pounds, nor is there anything REMOTELY liberal about our NHS being sold off to some of the worlds biggest thieves and bastards, piece by screaming piece.

You want an example of liberalism, again, go to Sweden, Denmark, Holland, where these things are embraced for the betterment of the entire societies the preside over. The more of that we get here, the better off the vast, overwhelming majority of Britons will be. As it is, right wing douchery is and has been killing us for a goodly amount of time, so I would recommend the poster gets their bloody priorities in order. Whats more important? Being able to tell a joke that was never funny in the first place, or getting our government to respond to our needs as citizens?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

oh, quit crying yourself a river!! you are drowning us over here, your tears are reaching our rooftops!!!

seriously... you can't live in this world??
go spend some time in a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen and get to know some of the people there, I kind of think you will find that you have plenty to be thankful for and maybe even realize that there literally are people who can't live in this world!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

As usual you went "all in", if you bothered reading the thread so far, the OP is from UK.

Now what?

and smell it, sniff hard. I know its not meth

"meth" - really - how low will you stoop?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Do you live in North-Korea?
I'm a white male too, but in summertime i'm a dark skin male! By the way, i never felt guilty to be white, for what reason should i?

Its the end of the world

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Read a few posts above.

There is never going to be a way, or a place, or an angle you or any of the rest of the far right militant pieces of effluent, from any place on this world, will be able to accurately attack liberal ideals, because they are ideals which take the bootheels off of the oppressed, and put them on the oppressors neck instead, where they belong. If you do not enjoy that thought, its because you were part of a problem not part of its solution.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

hahaha - I think you're right. I did not see all the angles.

establish sustainability it is privileged? Please...

sustainability? What, by gunboat diplomacy, of which Britain excels at?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

you or any of the rest of the far right militant pieces of effluent

I'm not right wing - just calling out your crying as I see it. Does that make me right wing?

And now I'm sh"t. LOL

Whats the problem, gone too many hours without a "drink"?

Here's some advice that you may take however you desire. If you're country's so effed up, ever thought of leaving to set up somewhere else?

If its so screwed and the social safety nets are no longer there whats stopping you from upping and trying somewhere where your "hard work" will be rewarded?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Blame the LGBTQ, PC do-gooders and SJW's for all that is wrong in todays World!

And blame the racists, bigots for all that was wrong in the last World!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I am British.

When things get tough, Britons do not merely up and leave their homeland, they do not merely abandon their ancestors and their memories, and scuttle off to safety. We would never have stood against the Nazis, or given as good of an account of ourselves against the Romans as we did, were that in our DNA. Some of them have, in times past, resulting in the contingent which left Britain on the Mayflower. But most of us do not. That is how you can tell that this little spit of land, this beautiful little scrap of soil in the water, off the coast of Europe, contains some of the most tenacious, hardy people ever born to the face of Earth. Despite my ancestors being strangled by mad monarchs in times long past, or the soot and smoke of the factories my ancestors were forced into, despite being used as cannon fodder in two world wars, Britons remain and will as long as I draw breath, tenacious, stronger than the forces applied to them.

I also refuse to abandon those of my countrymen less hardy than I am, to a fate that they cannot escape even if they were of a mind to leave, which is most of the people who are worth worrying about, or worth my time. If my grandparents could live through the Blitz, through WWII, then I can live through this, but if I am going to, I am going to make damned sure that the powers seeking to oppress my people and appease intolerance, greed, phobia related violence of every kind, are smashed and broken. There will be no relent, there will be no retreat. There will be only unending pressure to create positive change, the kind of progress that benefits the whole, not the rich, entitled few.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
damn, you sound like a puss.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Hmmmmm, I would sugggest you reconsder.

The "world" is a beautiful place. Go find YOUR place in it. A better way to look at it is that the US is dead to you. And...........it is!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That's really weird. I have had to endure none of this hyperbolic suckfest of misery. I'm not even sure one single person has been arrested for telling a joke.

Never been told what I can and can't wear either.

The easiest thing to do in life is to just let everyone do their own thing, and worry about yourself. Most seem to find that too hard to do. I don't care if you marry your same sex partner, what bathroom you use, what color or religion you are, where you work, if you work, how my tax dollars are used, or who is here illegally.

Simply really. Roll with the Golden Rule and let the miserable sad sacks be miserable. most of the time, you change one thing that makes a miserable person happy, and they'll move right to the next thing that makes them miserable.
edit on 30-10-2018 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Keep calm and pay your taxes.

It'll all be over soon enough.

The takeover is nearly complete.

A desire to continue existing or to continue the western way of life is racist.

Our masters have decided they prefer Islam as the new world religion.

It will make everything a lot easier for them to rule over us with an iron fist while continuing their debauched ways.

Like the Saudi model, but worldwide.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So you admit it then, that you dont have freedom and can be arrested for telling a joke, specifically one that offends the Muslims. You are not a free people.

Tell me, does the same law go for Christian jokes? Or white jokes? Or is that still allowed?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

"Theres nothing liberal about..."

I don't think many of us have much of a problem with true liberalism. I support legalization of marijuana, prison reform, a little something for the needy, etc.

Why are you so hyperfocused on the word Liberal?

Can't you even address a few of the grievances he has listed? You've admitted joke telling has been censored by the government. I don't really consider that a liberal thing either, but, its a valid greivance. It IS happening. Whether you agree or not, you have to admit there IS a decent argument against the censoring o speech...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join