It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Transabled” People Become Disabled on Purpose to Make Them Happy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.rebelcircus.com...

What does it mean if a person is transabled?  It means that he or she became disabled by choice.  That is, he or she had some sort of elective procedure done with a life-changing impact.  Some transabled people damaged their vision to the point of intentionally becoming blind.  Others found surgeons willing to amputate healthy limbs.  Of course, to the logical mind, choosing to become disabled does not make sense, and many consider it insulting to people who are born with disabilities or sustain them as a result of an accident, illness or otherwise

didyouknowfacts.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Jennings-White wears leg braces to give herself a “paraplegic feel” and claims that she’s dreamed of this since she was a child. When she was only 9-years-old, Jennings-White rode her bicycle off of a stage that she had set up in a park with the sole intention of breaking her back and becoming paralyzed. It didn’t work, and she realized that she could’ve been paralyzed from the neck down, which was not her intent. Jennings-White only wishes to be paralyzed from the waist down.

Jennings-White hopes to have a surgery done where her sciatic and femoral nerves will be severed, but obviously she can’t find a doctor to perform the procedure.

So.....somebody sent me the second link earlier and I had to do some searching because i just couldn't believe something like that was real(I dunno why I doubt anything like that no matter.how insane any more...)

But I guess....yeah...transabled people are a thing. Either people who identify as disabled and purposefully use wheelchairs and things to feel disable or people who actually cripple themselves.

Personally, the idea of becoming disabled is probably one of my biggest fears, even more so than dying. My dad injured his neck at a young age and while he can still walk and such. It's done nothing but get worse, limit his lifestyle and cause him pain and stress. I recently had a friend lose the ability to walk about a year and a half ago. It's completely devastated him and while he's slowly been regaining it, he'll never be the same. Or another person I know who found out they have an incurable vision disorder at the age of 35. She has two kids, one of whom it turns out also has it, there's no cure, her and her child will just slowly go blind. She's been horribly depressed since finding out and learning she'll never get to see her kids grow up.

# these transabled people and anybody that enables them or accepts them.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The brain is truly fascinating.

Would this be classified as body dysmorphia? It makes me sad.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Absolutely a mental disorder and ANY doctor that amputates or otherwise performs an action that disables an otherwise healthy individual should lose their license and be imprisoned. Furthermore, anyone with this disorder that purposely maims themselves for the purpose of " wanting to be disabled" should be denied any and all healthcare not paid for solely by themselves 100% out of pocket. This is insane.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Is this a millennial thing? Only a basement dweller would be so foolish.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

from source

Chloe Jennings-White, a 61-year-old chemist from Salt Lake City, Utah

I wonder how prevalent these sort of people are in other parts of the World.

America seem's to breed a special kind of stupid.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Another Liberal group that will claim to be victims and need handouts. And receive special status. Bring back the sanitoriums.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just when I think the internet and people can’t surprise me anymore, something like this pops up and makes me fear for our futures all over again

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I was hearing about this 30 years ago, we only had rabbit ears during summer vacation and my mom loved daytime tv.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
To know the urge to be able to get up out of my chair and just hike through a forrest... 15 years stuck in my bloody chair and each day has its own unique forms of hell. It ain't no party and these people doing it on purpose utterly offend me but worse is their enablers.
Utterly disgusting, but I am not heartless and obviously these people need some drastic mental rehabilitation. I think it's cause they want people to give them attention and feel sorry for you. I can tell you from experience, it's darn right humiliating when people keep coming up to me to offer to help. I understand they are just trying to be nice, but it just feels like rubbing in my disability. When I need help, I ask. If I'm struggling to get up a hill, I'll just struggle and thats ok, thats life. So what if it's tough, I want to give it a go in peace and not be babied or coddled.

Sorry, man, this topic has gotten me quite p#$@ed off.

I've calmed down a bit for a few minutes before I hit the reply button. I guess they are mentally disabled, I'm just upset that people are willing to waste a working pair of legs that would mean a world to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

This is a 1st world problem. People in developing nations who have to work hard to eek out a living where there are no social programs to fall back on, don't wish to lose healthy body parts. Do these transabled people who purposefully injure themselves collect disability checks? Who do they expect will help them when they become paralyzed or blind?
edit on 10/29/2018 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I believe in reincarnation, and there are times I've wondered if people like this are still connected to a previous life and can't get over the fact that they're in a new one. For example, I remember reading about a man who really felt like he shouldn't have a right arm, so he staged an accident that was severe enough to need it amputated. The only "logical" reason I could think of was that he was still attached to a previous life where he lived without that arm, which is why it felt foreign for him to have it in the first place.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Welp, this is the most absurd thing I've seen all day.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Body Integrity Identity Disorder, is a mental disorder. The person typically feels unnatural, like his body doesn't fit who he is, or nature made a mistake, so they seek amputation, blindness, etc. to feel what they think should be normal for them, or to fit into a certain community of people. It has nothing to do with age or financial status.

I've never heard of becoming disabled to get a disability check, which is not really enough to live on, and is way below the poverty designations. I think wanting to disable yourself to receive such a small amount of money, would be a mental disability in it's own right. Self-hatred, self mutilation, or something along those lines.

I know of a woman who deliberately injured herself on the job (seemingly so she could get workman's compensation,) but the real reason was because she wanted prescription pain killers.

edit on 10/29/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I'm sorry, but no. This is (edit-I should have said 'a reason') why these people are going through these mental disorders. People with similar absurd views with zero scientific proof are ENABLING these peoples delusions. These people are mentally weak which isn't their fault entirely, but that makes them highly suggestible and when they hear "oh maybe my arm was chopped off in a previous life", well that's all they need to fall into a bizaare desire to be maimed and garner sympathy.

I'm rarely one to argue with anyone on this site, but your talking nonsense and not helping.
edit on 29-10-2018 by Qumulys because: added 'a reason' - sorry Necrobile, it is unfair to blame the condition purely on what you said and was not the intent.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Another Liberal group that will claim to be victims and need handouts. And receive special status. Bring back the sanitoriums.

I'm starting to believe this kind of thinking should also be designated as a mental disorder.
It certainly borders on paranoia, and unsubstantiated hatred of a group you know little about.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Mark08

I'm starting to believe this kind of thinking should also be designated as a mental disorder.
It certainly borders on paranoia, and unsubstantiated hatred of a group you know little about.

The poster may think that way after observing the words and actions of an average liberal and then attempting to apply them to reality.

It's not hatred, by the way.

It's the same pity you feel for anyone that has a mental challenge.

Edited to add, I remember not too long ago reading about a man in Canada that couldn't find anyone to chop off one of his limbs (I believe an arm), so he googled it and got it done.

It's an... odd world we live in.

edit on 29-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Nope, not confined to Millennials. I have a relative who has done this. She's crazy as a rat and her family seemed to believe that ignoring the problem was the correct solution. She's now truly disabled due to her own actions and has no home, no support and is currently torturing the staff at the care facility. She's in her 50s. I can't even begin to count the number of times she's had surgery for some imagined malady. When the local docs recognized what was going on they turned her away but she went doctor shopping until she found one who would follow her commands. She needs to be in an institution that can stabilize her meds and enforce a bit of structure but she screams and cries each time this is mentioned. I've tried to explain to them that the kindest thing they can do is have her committed. There is still a chance she could get better but not if left to direct her own care. Sad.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Hey now, I never said it was right, I just said I wondered if it was a possible reason and I was not in ANY way "ENABLING" these sort of behaviors. I'm sorry you were dealt a bad hand of cards and this topic may make you sensitive, but to call my beliefs nonsense is just plain rude. You don't have to believe what I believe but you also don't have to react in the way that you did.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Mate, I was too harsh on you. I'm actually feeling like a overstepped and belittled your perspective. I'm sorry about that. It doesn't change my overall initial thoughts though.

But then I re-read the line when I said "I'm rarely one to argue with anyone on this site, but your talking nonsense and not helping."

I've been thinking about that, and I was wrong there. Your feelings are welcomed (though I still feel they are wrong here) but what you said IS helping. Because I think its helped me understand a little bit more about where or why people suffering these disorders might plant the seeds of this problem. And that IS an important thing to keep in mind I guess, and thus you actually are helping. So I am quite sorry about that line, I've calmed down a bit now.

Not everyone has the same life experiences and things can make brains make some unusual twists and turns.

Edit: I was already apologising to you Necrobile before your last post, I realised I was being a bit rude to you. I was raging a bit and emotions got the better of me. I still think your beliefs are a bit silly, but I should have been more repectful and more tactful. These people are surrounded by enablers which I unfairly took out on you, and you can see I was editing my previous post and apologising before you posted that you were upset, cause I knew it was disingenuous and unfair to blame it entirely on you which wasn't my correct intent.
edit on 29-10-2018 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Thank you, I do appreciate that. You and I don't have to agree on the concept of reincarnation, I only believe it because of people I've known and experiences I've had, but in the end I have no true idea of it's real or not. I only wanted to join in on the discussion because when I have read about this sort of behavior, it was a thought process that crossed my mind.

I personally don't agree with people doing anything like this, even if it had something to do with past lives, the whole point of being here now is to let go, move on, and learn by experiencing. If I knew anyone who suffered from this, I would do everything I could to help them let it go and move on.

I'm sorry if what I said struck a nerve, it was definitely not my intention at all, but I do appreciate the apology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join