It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're ALL ... VICTIMS!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
*reply to Seeker*
You ARE the intellectual. The ones whom claim to be "intellectuals" actually end up being the dumbasses. From my experience, at least.

Eta - On another note. Wtf is going on with the reply function lately? I mean, i can't even reply properly to someone 50% of the time. Let's get this fixed ok???

Why do you say seeker is an intellectual?

Can't see qualifications anywhere.

kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

People who benefit from the status quo don't care about your whining.

They don't until it bites them in the @ss, and then they whine about it like the good little victims they are. Of course, by then, no one cares.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Whaaa

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Whaaa

Shhh, someone will be along to either change you or feed you or both soon enough.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you're trying to victim blame.

I feel victimized.

But you are on point--not a farking thing can happen anymore without someone claiming victimhood. And on top of that, people and communities and organizations and entire states and countries are bowing down to this mentality over and over again.

It's like rewarding a child's tantrum by taking the kid for ice cream--don't worry little whiney people, daddy government will make everything all better. If little Billy even so much as breathes your way, tell me and I'll handle it.

We have become the victims of victimhood.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
or....... you can say.. "This stops...... Here and Now" I will not be a Victim, I will not apologize for what I say, I will not back down.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I denounce my victimhood and take full responsibility for my life. I accept that the world we live in is harsh, but also realize that I am in control of my reactions and responses to such a world.

I realize that what I have is enough: a good job that doesnt pay much but provides enough, my mind, my body, a warm home, whole foods, good books to read, a small garden plots in a large city, a television that I watch a little too much, meditation to practice, and exercise to strengthen my body.

While my freedoms are diminishing, I realize that as long as I focus on growing internally and concentrate on living an ever more virtuous life, my real freedom is found within.

I may be a victim of circumstances, yet I will no longer be a victim of mindset. We can all be victims of a situation, but once that situation passes, we must make a conscious decision whether or not to remain in the mental state of a victim.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
My wife and I were talking last night about some things happening where she works. It all boils down to people not being able to pass up an opportunity to be offended by something. They make victims of themselves by allowing every little thing to offend them and making sure everyone knows about it. Its not enough to be offended. No, it must be made public so people can see your pain and feel the shame of having offended sweet innocent delicate little you.

I say shove your offended little feelings up your delicate little a$$ and STFU about it.

(not you specifically, the philosophical you that is everyone)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Victim status has become the currency of politics these days. It has been endlessly promoted and protected by the very organizations that use it to their benefit; namely government. if we must always have an arbitrator on hand, a big brother to take care of the bullies then we never stand on our own 2 feet.

It's all about stripping power from some and blame from others.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, I know for a fact that straight white males are victims.

Oh, and Christians - they’re victims too.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
I think many enjoy feeling like a victim, it means they can push responsibility off onto others and also gives them an excuse to act like entitled a##holes.

You are right on Osirisvset. I am a nurse and you can really witness the concept with the sick. There are some folks that want to get up and get going on their own as soon as possible and there are others that thrive in their sick role, manipulating other to care for them. I have had patients that needed a wheelchair for a short while. When they are told they need to start walking or their muscles to atrophy, they rebel. They actually like being in a wheelchair. Those folks almost always have someone enabling them. It's really interesting.

If someone is a victim, frequently they do look to a higher authority to right the perceived wrong. That plays nicely into certain elements of the government who have made victim hood a way of getting votes. Maintaining the victim role gives permission to be helpless at some level. It allows you to use it as an excuse for "not getting ahead". Accepting the victim role is the ultimate programming.

Then their are the ones that feel righteous for speaking out for the victims, they don't have enough insight to realize they are perpetuating and promoting victim hood with their virtue signaling.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You can look at it that way, but it would be better just to understand that they are being subjected to unreasonable ridicule based on a political agenda. Buying into the victim label is very dis-empowering. The white straight male has a very rich history in this country. We would be absolute fools to minimize or trivialize their contributions. Have their been white males that exploited things, absolutely. It is totally unreasonable to lump men or christians into one group and punish them for it.

The same folks that need victims to carry out their agenda, need some villians and right now it is the straight white male. I do see signs that intelligent, prosperous Asians may be added to that list. They are proving you can migrate and be very successful. That does not fit the stereotype.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
My wife and I were talking last night about some things happening where she works. It all boils down to people not being able to pass up an opportunity to be offended by something. They make victims of themselves by allowing every little thing to offend them and making sure everyone knows about it. Its not enough to be offended. No, it must be made public so people can see your pain and feel the shame of having offended sweet innocent delicate little you.

I say shove your offended little feelings up your delicate little a$$ and STFU about it.

(not you specifically, the philosophical you that is everyone)

Wouldn't it be so much more effective to learn skills that allow you to mentally blow off the little insults of daily life. There are so many ways one can actually learn how not to let that stuff occupy their minds. I am guessing that if you offered those techniques to many, they would refuse. They can't understand there really is no offense, it is how they want to perceive it.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Let’s not forget about poor victim conservatives.

“Our freedom of speech is being taken away by facebook! We are victims!!!!”

Why is it that they think their victim status is real, but everyone else’s is not?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

This is what happens when personal responsibility is not taught, learned or practiced. Everything is someone else's fault... Only it's not.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ya know, I am involved with the public all the time. I here complaints about weather, government, society, other people, the list goes on.

What I don't here is people claiming to be victims.

That seems to be one of those right wing talking points that they all assume is true. They all look to confirm their bias in any little way they can.

Seems they need a reason to hate or look down on society and people. Makes em feel superior I guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Some crave being victims and feed on the negativity needing sympathy along with the attention. So they say something off the wall or completely opposite of the conversation just to start and argument.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Why do you paint with such a broad brush?

straight white males cant help that we were born that way..

even though we seem to be on opposite sides of the spectrum, I dont have negative feelings towards you and yours, its just the opposite would like to know what makes you tick, what makes your beliefs different than mine and maybe find some common ground..and learn some other things along the way.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Straight white males are not victims - in any way, shape or form. Neither are Christians - not in the U.S., anyway. Let’s just get that cleared up right now.

I personally have nothing against straight white males as a group, or Christians. Some of the people I love the most are straight white males... and Christians.

But it just seems to me that the ones who complain the most about others being victims, are the same ones who complain about themselves being victims. Funny that.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

don't be proud of your western european heritage else you create a "victim"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join