It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're ALL ... VICTIMS!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: putnam6

Straight white males are not victims - in any way, shape or form. Neither are Christians - not in the U.S., anyway. Let’s just get that cleared up right now.

I personally have nothing against straight white males as a group, or Christians. Some of the people I love the most are straight white males... and Christians.

But it just seems to me that the ones who complain the most about others being victims, are the same ones who complain about themselves being victims. Funny that.

Ever been to South Africa or Zimbabwe?

Straight white males and Christians are DEFINITELY victims.

Or do they ‘deserve’ it because of something that happened long before they were even born?

I’d love to see you tell that to those poor little children. “You deserve that excruciating death because your grandad bought land here, you disgusting straight white male Christian”.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I think Don and Glenn had it right way back in '94 on the Hell Freezes Over album.

[Verse 1]
I turn on the tube and what do I see?
A whole lot of people crying, "Don't blame me"
They point their crooked little fingers at everybody else
Spend all their time feeling sorry for themselves
Victim of this, victim of that
Your mamma's too thin, your daddy's too fat

[Chorus]
Get over it
Get over it
All this whining and crying and pitching a fit
Get over it, get over it

[Verse 2]
You say you haven't been the same since you had your little crash
But you might feel better if I gave you some cash
The more I think about it, Old Billy was right
Let's kill all the lawyers, kill them tonight
You don't want to work, you want to live like a king
But the big, bad world doesn't owe you a thing

[Chorus]
Get over it
Get over it
If you don’t wanna, you might as well quit
Get over it, get over it

It's like going to confession every time I hear you speak
You're making the most of your losing streak
Some call it sick, but I call it weak
Yeah, yeah, yeah

[Verse 3]
Yeah, you drag it around like a ball and chain
You wallow in the guilt, you wallow in the pain
You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown
Got your mind in the gutter, bringing everybody down
You bitch about the present and blame it on the past
I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass

[Chorus]
Get over it
Get over it
All this bitching and moaning and pitching a fit
Get over it, get over it

[Chorus]
Get over it
Get over it
It's gotta stop sometime, so why don't you quit?
Get over it, get over it

Just recently I heard a relative of mine whine that she has been "in therapy" for 12 years because "Mama didn't love me enough." There was a profound silence in the room since everyone present was dumb-founded by the statement. If she were a teenager it might have been understandable---she's pushing 60 chronologically and still complaining because her Mama didn't buy her the dress she wanted for her senior prom.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Go back and read my post - thoroughly.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It's not even mostly that.

A lot of them are doing it to show how good they are and how empathetic they are to the pain and victimhood of others. They aren't actually offended themselves, but they're showing how aware they are that you have offended some "other" who may not even exist as part of the equation.

Like the girl with the Chinese prom dress. She wasn't getting shamed by Chinese people. No. She was getting shamed by people who believed that Chinese people would be upset to see a white girl wearing a Chinese dress. Actual Chinese people were in support of her.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I never worry about this. I say whatever I like to whomever I like whenever I like and do whatever I feel like doing. I don't really care if I leave any victims in my wake. Of course I have some manners and social ettiquite and I do go out of my way not to cause harm. But I'm telling you, i'm stress free. I don't think you guys should worry about creating victims in your wake either.

Or, maybe you live in some weird places?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Straight white males are not victims - in any way, shape or form. Neither are Christians - not in the U.S., anyway. Let’s just get that cleared up right now.

I personally have nothing against straight white males as a group, or Christians. Some of the people I love the most are straight white males... and Christians.

But it just seems to me that the ones who complain the most about others being victims, are the same ones who complain about themselves being victims. Funny that.

LOL no I caught your sarcasm have read enough of your posts funny how you automatically miss my sarcasm answering your sarcasm.. while no I'm not a victim, have lived good times and hard times and both of them were largely if not fully based on my decisions, ie totally my responsibility. But had parents that raised me that way. No matter who the President is, who is in congress, who your governor is, your happiness,success contentment is still largely up to you. Your life is what you make of it. So while I have preferences for my leaders etc. not going to curl up in ball if the opposite happens, the differences they are actually in most every body's is so small I feel like its importance is being whipped up by the media. Not saying dont vote or participate, just saying keep it in perspective. Trump isnt gonna destroy the planet and the left isnt gonna have us bow to the EU.

point is I dont hate loathe or dismiss anybody for what essentially is a personal preference based on their life experiences, you miss out on loads of good people on both sides that way.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: pointessa

Let’s not forget about poor victim conservatives.

“Our freedom of speech is being taken away by facebook! We are victims!!!!”

Why is it that they think their victim status is real, but everyone else’s is not?

I don't know but I am guessing its the same reason liberals think their victim status is real, but everyone else's is not.

You are doing exactly what liberals say conservatives shouldn't do - project how they should or shouldn't feel on to them. How do you know a conservative doesn't feel victimized? The answer of course is that you can't accept the fact that a liberal could be offensive in the first place so it must be imagined. But conservatives are all so mean and nasty any time a liberal says they feel victimized it simply must be true, right?

Its just my opinion but I think liberals complain the most about the things they are most guilty of. More liberals cry victim than anyone else so it follows to reason that they victimize people the most too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join