It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British people are the worlds worst tourists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wait? one was a girl..

Thought it was two guys who spray painted a WALL..
(Remember it is only a wall.)

What muppets.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hmm, odd. I always thought it was sailors.

Probably not now, times have changed.
Having been one for 10 years back in the day, hanging out with dem bloody Brits, Aussies & Canadiens we had no little morals, respect or mercy on anyone. Had alot of fun at the expense of others, kicked out of many places. Thankfully grew outta that stage of life.

You're always going to get a few bad apples in every crowd, be it Brits, Americans, Canadiens, Aussies, Germans, French, Asian, etc...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Gulf Coast beach bunnies......mmmmmmmmmm

Where on the gulf cost. You must be near Tampa cuz even though Brit have more passports than us.....they only use them to go to Orlando. At most 30 miles out of Orlando....oh and Vegas...but nowhere but nowhere off the strip.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Nice one. Mac is a hoot.

a reply to: violet

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Gulf Coast beach bunnies......mmmmmmmmmm

Where on the gulf cost. You must be near Tampa cuz even though Brit have more passports than us.....they only use them to go to Orlando. At most 30 miles out of Orlando....oh and Vegas...but nowhere but nowhere off the strip.

a reply to: Nyiah

Was. I got the hell out of FL 4 years ago and never looked back, lol.

I grew up between Port Charlotte and Tampa along the coast, and worked in one of the hotels. We had folks from all over. I can't tell you how many people (domestic & foreign alike) came in July, bitched about the extreme heat & humidity, and I had to explain the best time to visit is actually mid-winter (what FL calls winter, anyway)

January or February is most comfortable for those from cold climates, it feels spring-ish that way with the air temps in the 60's/70s, & they can still tolerate the cooler Gulf temps better than the locals. I compare it to Lake Michigan's temps in summer, those summer 60's are Florida's winter water temps. Doesn't phase 'em up here, they have anti-freeze in the blood or something.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The thing is, we genuinely don't care.

We know that most of this dislike is simply a deep rooted jealousy.....deep down in your subconscious you all wish you were British.
Hence the irrational obsession with all things British.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Dear op

Our cousins from another mother are sure catching up

U.S. troops landed in Iceland last week ahead of the start the largest NATO military exercise since the Cold War, and apparently, they left their mark in the most appropriate way possible: by drinking every last beer in the nation’s capital.

taskandpurpose.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would deffo say there is an irrational obsession with the royals. I find them....errr.....archaic.

At least all your really good beer has American hops now.

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Now that is epic. I found out real fast that you csnnot hang with a brit at drinking. I may be able to drink as much....but it tskes me 3 days to recover
a reply to: stonerwilliam

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

so you have " decided " to judge an entire nation by the actions of one drunk wank-puffin [ aided and abeted by a canadian ] ????????????????????

wow - just wow

logic is truely dead

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Aint the internet cool.

a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just imagine what the 19th century must have been like!

The sun never set on their "tourism", and they didn't even have planes yet!
edit on 29-10-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You can't judge UK beers on the lukewarm, piss water Southerners try to pass off as beer.

Have a trip up north sometime and you'll forget about Southern pond water and the swill that is the majority of US beers.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Dear op

Our cousins from another mother are sure catching up

U.S. troops landed in Iceland last week ahead of the start the largest NATO military exercise since the Cold War, and apparently, they left their mark in the most appropriate way possible: by drinking every last beer in the nation’s capital.

taskandpurpose.com...

Haha. Seen that story other day. Reminds me of a time I, the whole battlegroup pulled into a small port in Thailand. After 3 days they ran out of beer and fill-in-the-blank ________.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Meh. you obviously have not experienced american craft beers. We aint talkin Budwater, we talkin craft. Getcha sum.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Come and join us when we have a meet up and I'd be glad to have a sample.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Love to.....any of you guys near Cambridge?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Not that I know of, but arrangements can be made.

We might be having a bit of a SW catch-up next year.
Long way for me to travel but I'll make other plans around it.

Would be good to put a face to names and have a few beers with other members.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Count me in, as long as it's near a good pub and a golf course! Peeps are welcome here as well. I work on RAF Mildenhall and Lakenheath so if there are any airplane enthusiasts around....not to mention we have a Taco Bell. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join