It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British people are the worlds worst tourists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lots of my British peeps love to tell me how they all have passports while alleging that less than 1% of Americans have one. Well, my friends, ya'll are tops when it comes to being the worst tourists. I know China is on top, but they don't count because they outnumber you 5 billion to one.

www.scmp.com...

Anyway, this latest episode will surely vault you straight to the top of everyone's list, especially Thailands, as these two(one is Canadian, which is a commonwealth member) decided to spray paint a historical monument.

BTW, the second I read the title, Brit popped into my head!!!!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Considering The British Empire covered one third of the planet, i would say The British where pretty good tourists in the past.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Two tourists facing 10 years in jail for graffiti-tagging an ancient wall in Thailand say they were “ridiculously drunk” when they pulled off the stunt.

You know it's amazing how much alcohol consumption guides peoples trips. I have many friends that have made vacation plans around this. I've just never understood getting totally $h1tfaced in an unknown part of the globe just because "the drinks are cheaper".

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

For sure. Yo Indians, thank ye for saving me life. Here is some beads and smallpox for yer troubles.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Well, my son-in-law is in Bremen right now. I won't show you the vids, but yeah. Beer...kegs of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

We're pretty bad, yes. Fighting, drinking, getting high and puking all over the place wherever we go.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Lots of my British peeps love to tell me how they all have passports while alleging that less than 1% of Americans have one. Well, my friends, ya'll are tops when it comes to being the worst tourists. I know China is on top, but they don't count because they outnumber you 5 billion to one.

www.scmp.com...

Anyway, this latest episode will surely vault you straight to the top of everyone's list, especially Thailands, as these two(one is Canadian, which is a commonwealth member) decided to spray paint a historical monument.

www.foxnews.com...

Iam pretty sure, that if you ask the indians, they would tell you that someone else is the worst turist ever...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's no great surprise.

These moronic people are the obvious by-product of political correctness gone mental and Generation Snowflake.

I wouldn't dream of even attempting to justify or condone.....absolute knobheads who do nothing but shame the UK.

I hope the morons in the second story do indeed get 10 years shoved up their arse and have to serve it all in jail over there, no sympathy or excuses from me whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

originally posted by: lakenheath24

www.scmp.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Iam pretty sure, that if you ask the indians, they would tell you that someone else is the worst turist ever...

Or anywhere in the world in proximity to a US military base.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I just have one bit of advice to the Brits traveling to Florida for holiday.

Seriously, I lived there for several years.

I would see these British tourist thinking that they can tan a years worth of tan in a week.
Trust me it can't be done and it doesn't look pretty. It is especially upsetting when there are kids involved.

PLEASE Use sunscreen, put up an umbrella. The sun in Florida will blister and burn your pasty skin a lot faster than you think. Even when it is windy, and the air feels good, you will get burnt, bad.
Please do not fall asleep while tanning, you will regret it, trust me. I know you love those little tropical coctails, but trust me, those with burning hot sun is not a good thing.

Other than that, I think Brits are pretty darn nice while on Holiday!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Look what happend on their first trip to America and India, they just showed up and thought they owned the place.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Those morons, they couldn't even spell scooter rite.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

And that is just at birthday parties and funerals!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

LOL. And the first thing they did????? Got everone drunk. God bless em.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My wife used to cringe when we lived in Florida. You can spot em a mile away. Always in a footie shirt and bright frickin pink skin.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It’s the way of our people!
Pour me a beefeater boys!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, Americans are a close second if not outright number one. The Armed Forces Radio and Television Service use to have a campaign titled "Don't be an ugly American". It doesn't appear to have been effective.

19-year-old U.S. Marine who woke up from a drunken binge a week ago in the bed of a 14-year-old Okinawan girl and in the hands of local police has set off an international incident 

www.washingtonpost.com... 2b34a2c

I do believe it was far worse than this story let on, as I heard he broke into the house, then urinated on the young girl before climbing in her bed. He was oblivious she was even there, thinking it was his own home. Perhaps not a tourist but not a welcomed resident either. Last time i was in Tokyo, you coukd not even leave the base unless your rank was high.

Can't think of a better place for a good selfie while in Thialand ? Ask these two perfect American tourist, of course you may earn 7 years in prison, and be willing to bare all.

Two American men who werearrested in Thailand for flashing at a temple may face seven years in prison.

www.independent.co.uk... html

Plenty more examples of what certainly qualifies as an Ugly American for sure, and especially in Thialand.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My wife used to cringe when we lived in Florida. You can spot em a mile away. Always in a footie shirt and bright frickin pink skin.

That bright pink skin you know exactly what I'm talking about!!!! The poor kids with all the blisters, that always got to me.
It was hilarious when they fell asleep with sunglasses or a book on their chest too!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Meh, that AFRT ad was about clothes. Peeps wearing Cleveland Browns jerseys in London. Making us all look bad.

Things are pretty quiet here in the UK. Us AF peeps know how to keep it on the down low.....mostly.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

And all that nylon. You could start a giant fire with a tiny spark. And did you notice that those kids were there when they should have been in school? mmmmhmmmm, naughty naughty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join