It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Universe sounds devoid of life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Seti listens for life out there but hears only ambient celestial noise with no solid signalling patterns to indicate the source originates from intelligent life. Mabey we are not dialling in correctly to our neighbours. Just like communicating between two points using phones or computers we require a unique number to initiate the communication. This number is a constant unique only between two systems communicating. Therefore it is a changing constant. How should we calculate it.

Imagine a circle within circles. At centre is infinitesimally circle. Then continue to imagine
A path of light travelling in these circles.

At the centre origin circle light has minute wavelength and a frequency that when multiplied equals speed of light.
Moving outwards radially the line intersects with circles within each light moves in a circular path.

When reaching radius 6371000 metres we can calculate wavelenth to be 2*Pi*6371000 = 40030173
Speed of light constant = frequency * wavelength = 299792458
so frequency = 7.489Hz

Now lets imagine that system speed of light constant was determined by gravitation force 9.8 m/s2
Consider a relationship between two systems (ie. 2 planets in space) are linked by
speed of light1/speed of light2 = gravity1 x time1/gravity2 x time2 x constant

Use earth as system 1 and Saturn as system 2.
Calculate constant between earth and saturn
C speed of light relative to experienced on saturn.
Saturns natural frequency is 147.85hz
Csaturn / 2 * pi x 60268km = 147.85
solve Csaturn = 55987100537.96
C Saturn/ C Earth = 55987100537.96/299792458 = 186.75
Constant = 186.75

The measure of true second on earth is 1/ frequency 1 = 1/ 7.489 = 0.133 seconds
The measure of true second on Saturn is 1/ frequency 2 = 1/147.85 = 0.00676 seconds

This would mean life on saturn experiences slower time. It takes (0.00676/0.133) = 0.051 relative shorter to experience a second of time compared to our relative system 1 spatial time. 1/0.051 indicates the movie reel of life is moving at 19.66 faster rate.
When we send signals between earth and a planet the constant should be calculated to adjust communication frequency.

So if using apollo 11 frequency 2276Mhz for Earth to moon communication

For Earth to Saturn communication

19.66 x 2276Mhz = 44755Mhz or 44.755GHz

This is why Seti seems to find a silent universe we are not dialling in correctly to our neighbours.

edit on 27-10-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Maybe life is a far larger construct than we imagine it to be, for all we know there is masses of life out there we just do not recognize it as such.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Zooooom, right over the top of my head. OK, I'll leave it to more enlightened minds.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Maybe our planets orbiting the sun are similar to atoms. Maybe we are looking on the wrong scale for life.

Always had a hunch we are part of something larger both metaphorically and literally.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Since we have designed the definition to life so that it excludes most possibilities, that means life is rare in the universe. If we expanded the definition we would find life all over. It may not be carbon based and it may not have mass at all. It could be possible that energy could structure and utilize matter all over to store information, tapping into it by reading the frequencies the stored information vibrates at.

I am bummed that mankind is so narrow minded. Life can form with elements other than we think are necessary for life to utilize. Our whole universe could be part of a living organism and from this point in the space we realize, we could not see it and we are not advanced enough to comprehend it.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Now lets imagine that system speed of light constant was determined by gravitation force 9.8 m/s2

It isn't, so why imagine it is?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I guess about the time I hit radial intersections and everything moves in a circular path...... I fall asleep. Happens every time. sorry, I got nuthin...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I'm with ya there, the space out there is just so massive.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Maybe life is a far larger construct than we imagine it to be, for all we know there is masses of life out there we just do not recognize it as such.

Yes, and their sounds could be frequencies beyond our range of hearing.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Big. Really, really big.

You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here
Yeah. I get it.
Sound doesn't travel though space very well anyway so...

edit on 10/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yeah. I get it.
Sound doesn't travel though space very well anyway so...

Oh right, there's that. So... no sounds just signals we're listening for?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Oh...yes.

Yes, only electromagnetic radiation.
Sounds can be converted into electromagnetic radiation and vice versa, with help. And it's a rather large assumption to think that others use sound to communicate. It works pretty well on Earth though.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Oh...yes.

Yes, only electromagnetic radiation.
Sounds can be converted into electromagnetic radiation and vice versa, with help. And it's a rather large assumption to think that others use sound to communicate. It works pretty well on Earth though.

Is there a comparison, in electromagnetic radiation, in the way that smaller creatures (like birds) make higher pitched, faster sounds and larger creatures (Beluga whales) make deeper, drawn out sounds? I'm asking if the scale of an alien world (either huge or tiny by our standards on Earth) could impact the electromagnetic signals it sends out, in any ways that could make it unrecognizable as such? Like frequency or something?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Not really. That's what the OP is suggesting.

Sound waves are inherently different from electromagnetic radiation. Not the same at all, except that both are waveforms. This means that you can have radio waves and sound waves at the same frequency. But it does not mean that you can hear radio waves.

Fun fact. Low frequency sounds travel longer distances than higher frequencies. Elephants and whales use "infrasound" to communicate over very long distances.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Fun fact. Low frequency sounds travel longer distances than higher frequencies. Elephants and whales use "infrasound" to communicate over very long distances.

Yes, I understand that whales can communicate across the Atlantic Ocean... from one coast to another. They had intercontinental communication way b/f we did. So cool!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Im not sure of the accuracy of this but it at least gives an indicator of just how insignificant our little rock is.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Yeah.

But hell, as far as we can tell we are the most important intelligent (by our definition) beings in the Universe. No matter how small we are.

Rejoice, and be glad!

So far.

edit on 10/28/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Rejoice ...absolutely because if the day comes and we find out we are not the centre of the universe it will likely be our last, well assuming other species are as screwed up as we are...

edit on 28-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think Scale really has a lot to do with it. What is Big and what is Small, and what is the Mean ? Would the rotational vibrations of Betelgeuse just vibrate Earth to dust if we were orbiting it instead of our Sun. How large could the scale of sound be ? Is our time faster or slower than the places we are looking? I don't think we even know what to ask or what answers we could comprehend.

Some suggest the Earth is ..........flat even.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join