It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything but the 5 senses is imaginary.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

you ignore on topic posts - why ?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm still waiting for on topic post

I see many.
If you feel that no reply is on topic maybe you are the one who needs to reaffirm the actual topic...maybe it is not being comprehended by the readers?

I believe the OP is saying that life appears as sensation. Even if tomorrow is imagined.........the imagining has to be sensed.

Would you confirm or deny the comment above?
edit on 27-10-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

edit on 27-10-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

why don't you answer the posts you consider on topic yourself?

I'm still waiting for on topic post.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

What type of conversation are you trying to evoke here? You gave nothing but an opinion in the Thread title, and then give a question. Are you dead inside? preceded by Consider your mental health with an Exclamation mark. If you can consider you mental health then you are not dead inside.

the three Resist, Grow and Change all with exclamation marks and without explanation as to what you mean by them.

then you say purify yourself, resist all control. Again no explanation to what you mean

Free yourself and become someone in the community. This is very funny because you can either be free or you can be a member of the community. But you cannot be free in the context of your remarks and be a member of a community.

Then lastly you make a statement, "what you feel is real!"

All nine of your so called points are ambiguous and would be relative, meaning you have not set any type of absolute on your statements/points so each point could mean anything someone felt they meant according to feeling. In order to discuss what you want to in the thread, you need to set a meaning to your point.

So let me make an absolute remark about the Title for your thread.

Everything but the 5 senses is imaginary. Do you know what form of philosophy is? It is known as the oldest form of Philosophy literally means Lover of Wisdom. Second, the belief that the 5 senses being all that is real is called "Naturalism". It means that anything that cannot be sensed by Touch, Sight, Hearing, Taste and Smell is not real, to all practical purposes what ever can not be sensed by the five senses it does not exist. One who practices this form of philosophy is called a naturalist. A naturalist is a fleshy teacher of the fleshy mind whose flesh is only concerned is with what the flesh can see, smell touch, taste and hear.

The naturalist does not believe in anything it cannot taste, smell, hear, see or touch. So for all practical terms the naturalist could not believe in anything spiritual because they cannot be sensed by the five senses, they walk after the flesh. There are many verses in the Bible that talk about the flesh. The following verses speaks of the person who is made alive in Christ. They no longer walk in the flesh (they are no longer a naturalist) though they are in bodies of flesh.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The soul is in the same shape of the body, so even if the limbs are missing a person can still feel them and even see them at times.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Gut feeling is not one of the 5 senses. You can't believe in a gut feeling and at the same time believe only what five sense sense. In your belief is that a gut feeling is imaginary.
edit on 31-10-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I tend to disagree...that would imply the body controls the soul by the edges...I believe the soul knows no such bounds.*

*I've been an astral traveler since the 1970's...successfully...and the soul...the human being's essence...radiates from a pinpoint outward in all directions...

So, I can agree w your premise regarding "phantom limb impressions"...to a degree

Thanks!
edit on 31-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I tend to disagree...that would imply the body controls the soul by the edges...I believe the soul knows no such bounds.* *I've been an astral traveler since the 1970's...successfully...and the soul...the human being's essence...radiates from a pinpoint outward in all directions... So, I can agree w your premise regarding "phantom limb impressions"...to a degreeText

If you were a dimensional traveler you would know that the body [soul or brain] does not control the mind [spirit]. The mind always controls the physicality and it is the mind that transmits all its desires to the brain which in turn controls the physicality or soul. When the brain dies it is the mind [spirit] that is judged. Judaism and Christianity are two independent religions and should be understood when reading the NT even though both are side by side in the NT.

When the uncles leg was severed from the soul, the brain did not accept that loss because a receptor in the brain was apparently damaged. The mind kept transmitting but the brain did not receive or process correctly. This could happen as a result of disease or physical abuse of a receptor.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

I tend to disagree...that would imply the body controls the soul by the edges...I believe the soul knows no such bounds.* *I've been an astral traveler since the 1970's...successfully...and the soul...the human being's essence...radiates from a pinpoint outward in all directions... So, I can agree w your premise regarding "phantom limb impressions"...to a degreeText

If you were a dimensional traveler you would know that the body [soul or brain] does not control the mind [spirit]. The mind always controls the physicality and it is the mind that transmits all its desires to the brain which in turn controls the physicality or soul. When the brain dies it is the mind [spirit] that is judged. Judaism and Christianity are two independent religions and should be understood when reading the NT even though both are side by side in the NT.

When the uncles leg was severed from the soul, the brain did not accept that loss because a receptor in the brain was apparently damaged. The mind kept transmitting but the brain did not receive or process correctly. This could happen as a result of disease or physical abuse of a receptor.

I said to the OP...that THEIR premise implied that...explaining not the body, but soul. You misread...thanks

ETA...astral travel begins with losing sense of body, and mind takes soul outward, upward, inward.....to different planes of existence, past, present, future..obviously so
edit on 9-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I said to the OP...that THEIR premise implied that...explaining not the body, but soul. You misread...thanks

Yes you are correct. I reread my post and it did seem as though I was in opposition to what you posted. My choice of delivery was flawed and not very clear. Neuroscience is just now beginning to understand some of this and about ready to open up a new world of what I believe will confirm the exact premise of the Christ Jesus. The mind is the permanent substance of consciousness but the least understood.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Great! Interestingly you mentioned Jesus Christ! Something I'm sure you and I can agree on and understand...whereas we open a discussion on THAT? Then there isn't enough room for the membership responses that would follow!

Thanks, and God Bless.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Text a reply to: Seede - Great! Interestingly you mentioned Jesus Christ! Something I'm sure you and I can agree on and understand...whereas we open a discussion on THAT? Then there isn't enough room for the membership responses that would follow!

I heard it said that when a person talks to God it is called prayer and when God talks to a person it is called schizophrenia.
This is where we are today. The very same I have witnessed in my 90 years of life and it is useless to try to promote this to those who have no interest. That,I have found to be a great challenge in life.

You have a great gift in being given this ability to experience astral projection. Few people have ever experienced this. LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

God bless you friend...and I liken a. projection to deep prayer...except, I can go where..and relate to...who I want.

Sometimes subtle, sometimes intense...as child it frightened me trying to figure out where I was, and who were all those people!?

Once understood, control was easy....and I learned how select my travels, visits and conversations..and that all...all...are from and of God. I am just blessed with 'fine tuning" the reception.

God bless, stay well...always walk in the light!

MS
edit on 16-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Quote:

Think you have only 5 senses? You've actually got about 14 to 20

'Humans have way more than five senses, and if you include the animal kingdom there even more still.
We grow up thinking certain preconceived notions about our bodies. Probe a little deeper and you’ll find not everything we were taught is true. Take our senses for example. Think you have only five?

Scientists say there are far more, but disagree on the exact number. Most of those familiar with the matter say there are between 14 and 20, depending on how you define a sense. Perhaps the simplest definition is: a sense is a channel through which your body can observe itself or the outside world...'

www.google.com.au...

Coomba98

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join