It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job Interview After 4 Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I didn't have a job in four years, because I was sick and have enough money. But now I'm ready to get back in the saddle and join the work force. The first job I applied to invited me for an interview tomorrow and I'm freaking out!
5 hours they said it will take they want to show me the company and the circumstances I'll have to work in. I'm so nervous and I pee a lot that's why I made a list with things I shouldn't do while I am there and peeing and smoking are the top two no no's. Lol
I hope you have a few nice wishes and jokes for me to ease my nerves?
I could go aaaaaaaaah I want it the entire time. I'll dye my hair and do my nails before I leave tomorrow, to look fresh. I'll go to bed Early and have to be there at 12, so if I get up at 6 that should totally work.
Work? Me? Crazy!
But I want it so much! What do your crystal balls say? Will I get it? How long does one normally have to wait before they say yay or nay? It's not my first job but the first one after a long time! And really important to me.
Oh gawd I am nervous!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Relax, be yourself, and good luck!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I didn't want the job I have now, the interview went reasonably and I knew what the job entailed, what was expected and what to do
When the two managers asked if I had any questions at the interview I said
What are you guys like to work for? I know the job, what to do but if you are not good people to work for, if you don't treat your staff well, don't waste your time employing me, I won't last 2 weeks
5 years latter, great company and great staff, we all get along and it's a nice environment

It's never about the work it's about the people you work with

Good luck

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thank you after all this time it's just nuts! NUTS I tell you?!

a reply to: Raggedyman

Well in those five hours I guess I'll meet the others working there as well. A big part of the reason why I want to get back to work, the social aspect. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Why the long face? You have such lovely hair!

All the interviews I've done well in I've just been myself, it's natural to be nervous especially after 4 years, try not to worry, try to relax and just be honest.

Getting back into the saddle is a great feeling, 5 hours seems a long time and makes me assume that they'll be more than willing to show you the ropes and train you etc. Don't want to say it's a sure thing but it sure seems positive doesn't it?

Even if you're not successful it'll do wonders for boosting confidence, after all these days 100's to 1000's of people apply for any individual job. But I hope you are successful

It's always good to ask for feedback too with regards to the interview and stuff, it really does leave a good impression. Also useful for the future too

All the best Peeple,anf most of all good luck!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
First off, good luck.

Secondly, I like the avatar.

Look at it like this - if you don't need work desperately then don't sweat it.

I have a feeling you will be just fine, the result may just surprise you.....

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I'm not sure if I'll be the only one there, but you're right the fact that they're taking that much time to show me around could be a great sign.
I try not to be that nervous, but it only works for five seconds, I'm a perfectionist control freak I want it to go well... thanks for the nice words.

a reply to: and14263

It's just still so long I have to wait! Don't sweat it is easier said than done, but thank you for taking the time to read and reply!

Add: so sorry my tablet doesn't let me give you stars...
edit on 24-10-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Go into the interview like you are seeing old friends. (sounds crazy but it works)

I have another interview secret. Be brutally honest. So many people lie lie lie that they don't stand out.
I'm honest and if there is something I don't know I just tell them I don't know, but that I am willing to learn.

Good luck you got this!!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Willing to learn if I don't know something could be great advice! Noted

And I don't know if I can trick my mind with the old friends but I will try that too! Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Good luck buddy and wear one of those adult depends things
and a nicotine patch and say to them can i start tomorrow

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Everybody says that, I'll go in and say can I start today! But that's some good advice wear diapers lol

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

www.stadiumpal.com... if you want to be posh go with this

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Best of luck. I hope you get it, but if not just keep trying.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Haha better prepared than sorry. They don't do overnights do they?

a reply to: MRinder

I will. I keep telling myself I got an interview for the first application I wrote, there'll be others, but I really want this one!
edit on 24-10-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: RAY1990

I'm not sure if I'll be the only one there, but you're right the fact that they're taking that much time to show me around could be a great sign.
I try not to be that nervous, but it only works for five seconds, I'm a perfectionist control freak I want it to go well... thanks for the nice words.

a reply to: and14263

It's just still so long I have to wait! Don't sweat it is easier said than done, but thank you for taking the time to read and reply!

Add: so sorry my tablet doesn't let me give you stars...

Nice to hear that the nationwide success is becoming anecdotal for you too! Good luck and you will do fine!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'll echo DB's sentiments, just relax and be yourself.

If that doesn't help, tell them you have a friend called cake who has a broken arm and just ended a near decade long friendship and he is not happy and can punch holes through walls if he drops a coin he'll try to rip off a screen door.

Good luck either way.

edit on 24-10-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's awful! So sorry to hear you're mad & sad! Thanks for still finding nice words for me, you're a good person.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Listen and respond accordingly.

Do NOT overshare.

You have had jobs before. You have interviewed before. You will be fine!

Best of luck! And whatever you do, do not mention we are friends!! Lulz!!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Be prepared for “What can you bring to our company?” or something similar, as well as spmething along the lines of “What are your three best traits and what are some things you need to work on?”

Don’t offer if not asked, but many a potential employee was not hired because they couldn’t identify their own strengths and weaknesses.
edit on 24/10/2018 by Lab4Us because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join