It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British #MeToo scandal which cannot be revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

What has this got to do with the Tories?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

What has this got to do with the Tories?

Were you not aware that everything is down to the Tories? Apparently........

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Well yes, obviously it's all Thatcher's fault.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Westminster deflection. Specifically our leading party. That was the link I made.

But yes I guess Labour are paedos too.

edit on 24-10-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Thanks for that.

A crime being public record depends on the crime in the UK as far as I remember, obviously back ground checks will show information but as far as I know only certain people are allowed access to such things. Arrests are not recorded as far as I remember, after all an arrest is just an assumption of wrongdoing. Cautions are recorded.

I suspected an NDA is only an acceptable document in a civil court here, but it's an interesting point to make. Since harassment in the workplace would normally be handled in a civil court yet depending on the nature of the harassment it could very well be judicial court. I'm basing a lot of this on memory and I'm rather tired today so I've probably got things wrong.

I like learning about things like this though so I'll brush up on my knowledge and hopefully post what I find sometime soon

In the US does an NDA have to be passed by a civil court or can they be agreed with relevant people present such as a lawyer?

It's another angle I'll look up from this side of the pond.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes, this relates to civil claims where the alleged victims were paid off on condition they signed NDA's. Now, it seems, they want to tell their stories despite having taken money and signed NDA's.

We don't know what the actual allegations are or whether there could be any actual crime(s) committed beyond civil matters.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Fair enough, but I don't think that this story is paedo related. More workplace harassment, bullying type thing. Which the Speaker of the House of Commons seems to be getting away with at the moment.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No I do not believe it is paedo related either.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I was just wondering whether this gagging order is binding in other jurisdictions? Is this person being named in foreign media? Not sure how these injunctions work.

Just being nosey.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Well that's it really isn't it? They can't exactly refute the NDA since they obviously signed it.

Been a while since I looked things of this nature up yet I'm sure there's time constraints on things like disputes and accusations in the work place.

The key is legality, civil matters regarding the workplace can be a minefield in their own right. Lawful matters can be just as tricky too. I'll have to do some digging and reading.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I was just wondering whether this gagging order is binding in other jurisdictions? Is this person being named in foreign media? Not sure how these injunctions work.

Just being nosey.

Bloody good point Oldcarpy.

Quite often truth is found in foreign media outlets. I wouldn't be surprise if the powers covered Europe but doubt they stretch farther.

If I had time I would look! (But I think we'll know by the end of the week).

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

They will probably try to claim they are whistleblowers so the NDA's don't count, public interest or some such. Not my speciality, though.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Had a quick look in the Scottish press but nothing. I'm sure it will come out soon.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Just being nosey.

Think back to Mr Giggs - he was named internationally, just not in the UK (Google even blocked UK based searches for foreign sources). Therefore i think this only applies to the UK.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

OK, gotcha. Can any of our foreign friends shed any light on this, I wonder?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Think back to Mr Giggs - he was named internationally, just not in the UK (Google even blocked UK based searches for foreign sources). Therefore i think this only applies to the UK.

The information is with the same solicitor used by Giggs ...... apparently it

will come out on *twitter* media gossip cannot be controlled it was discussed

this morning on a news review.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Just being nosey.

Such rulings/restrictions usually only apply to the UK. I'm not aware of any UK granted ones that apply internationally, though the abuse of NDA's is rapidly evolving and they may well exist and be in place here. Would expect international media to have the scoop in a couple of days.

Given how prominent the story is across UK outlets the person seems to be very important and influential, not your average City slicker. Plus the Torygraph don't do a six month investigation on a 'noboby'.

Telegraph screwed up a bit here though by issuing prior notification to the individual which would obviously result in them seeking an injunction/super-injunction against the paper/UK press. While unprofessional/impolite for the paper not to grant the person the 'right to reply', it's the only way such stories can be reported.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Italy's the place. They usually "reveal" salacious goodies. But why has no one mentioned the bearded one. You know, the one that owns a few planes and a few trains? Well Dyson the little sh##, he really backs Britain don't he. Moved all his operations over to the far East, shutting his operations in the UK, and just announced he's opening a new factory in Malaysia. Yea he's a real patriot.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Never thought of Mr.Virgin......good shout.

What about Duncan Bannatyne, he seems to have taken a step out of the public eye for some reason.

I like Dyson for openly backing Brexit...but you're right, his transferal of business out of the UK was hardly supportive of the UK.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well, well - and good!

BBC Sir Philip Green Named

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join