It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dead Redemption 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Who else is going to play this?

I broke down and pre-ordered, still a little leery at the No Man's Sky debacle...

This should be an awesome game if it plays as advertised.

edit on R392018-10-15T11:39:49-05:00k3910Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Who else is going to play this?

I broke down and pre-ordered, still a little leery at the No Man's Sky debacle...

This should be an awesome game if it plays as advertised.

I plan on buying it. Rockstar knows what they are doing, so I expect the game will be epic.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You can’t compare no man sky to a rockstar game you just can’t.

Red Dead is gunna be the bomb, you know I know it we all know it

a reply to: RickinVa

edit on 15-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa. Do you know if the game will be online co-op? It would be fun to form a gang with my friends.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I believe Multiplayer will be added in Nov...

Don't really know....I will play it single player first anyways.....before I jump in with the sharks

EDIT: I went full in and got the Ultimate Edition....hard copy.....85 GB eats up too much of my bandwidth.
edit on R072018-10-15T12:07:43-05:00k0710Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa. Yes it's going to be awesome, I've been looking forward to playing it as I had played the original back in the day.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Rockstar vs Hello Games arnt even on the same level.
If you would of said the Battlefield 4 abortion, by EA and Dice (99% EAs fault due to them making Dice release it too early to capitalize on cross platforms - Xbox 360 Xbox 1.

But Rockstar knows their snip.
You can count on it being a full game upon release!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've been considering buying an xbox one x just for this...
Ultimately it falls in the category of 'frivolous' spending. I have more than enough money but I also have a gaming rig with a 1070....

I haven't experienced inner conflict of this nature for a while.
Ultimately I'll probably give them all the finger and just stick to my pc.

If that means I never get to play RDR2, so be it.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

My xbox is only a few months old...This game, I want on xbox vs pc for a change.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If money is not the problem, why only a 1070?

I agree to the "stick to my PC" part.
Thinking about how wonderful this game would look and run on a real computer.

Like millions of other games for the PC.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Horizon zero dawn looks pretty good played on 300$ ps4.
At that price they are almost disposable.
My phone has almost the same stats as a switch.

a reply to: DerBeobachter

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This is the first new game I have bought for my xbox....all I have are used xbox360 games lol.

Plus I recently purchased a 4k tv so it should be awesome.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I too, will go for the hard copy. Much more preferable than loading up the hard drive.

Unforfunately im one of those folks that got Xbox one the day it came out, only to be smacked in the face when xbox one x dropped less than 2 years later!

Either way, the game looks pristine. Im psyched.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I mostly Pc game 1080GTX it maxes everything out now at 1440p 21:9 which I find is the sweet spot for gaming now imo and RDR2 would run awesome but the PC release is probably a ways down the road.

I got a Ps4 pro and switch too. I have no idea why anyone would buy an Xbox One if they have a gaming PC just for RDR2 considering 90% of Xbox one games are on the PC as well and the Ps4 has some must-have exclusives imo. If you were going to buy a console for RDR2 the Ps4 pro is just the much better choice taking my previous statement into consideration.

Ps4/Gaming PC and your set...... Even though im mostly a PC gamer ps4 is just handing Xbox its ass in the games department this generation. RDR2 will be game of the year I have no doubt.
edit on 15-10-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks epic but I can't wait for gta VI

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Gonna be great I'm not concerned at all. Rock star doesn't disappoint

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I bought my rig more than 2 years ago, it still maxes any game at 1440p so I haven't seen a need to upgrade. Waiting for the 2070 mini's to launch then I'm going to build me a mini itx console killer.

I actaully have the founders 1070, literally bought my rig a week after the 10 series launched. It's been insane value for money.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I can't wait for this game. I dusted off my ps2 and replayed the OG Red dead revolver, as well as Redemption and undead nightmare for 360. Both games have held up incredibly well on their respective platforms.

The anticipation is borderline painful, man!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have one of those 4k hdr tv's. At first I thought there isn't much of a difference, boy was I wrong...

That's why it's the one x or nothing. I'd also order a 2tb hybrid drive with it, and replace the thermal compound before I ever even turn it on...

But ultimately I don't think we'll ever get to make a pc vs console comparison.
Red dead never had a pc version, I suspect it's because the game is so optimized for the respective consoles hardware that it's buggy as hell if you try and port it to pc.

Dang I miss the days of pc exclusives... anyone remeber crysis when it came out in 2007?
Just wow...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Make no mistake, RDR2 will absolutely be coming to PC. The reason RDR1 wasn't ported was because it's code was a total mess due to a drawn out and broken development cycle making a port dubious to begin with. Rockstar's success with GTA Online is reason enough to port it over to PC.

Obviously they have stated that it will not come to PC, this is, of course, a marketing tactic. They want to 'double dip' like they did with GTAV (technically triple dipped, last gen, current gen and PC), they want people to believe it is *only* coming out on console so people don't hold out for the PC version and just buy a console and buy their game. About 6 months after release they will announce the PC version is in development and it will release sometime in 2019.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join