It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Van Tassel 1964 Interview on Aliens, Ufo's and Time Travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Was bored yesterday and decided to search YouTube for any videos discussing the links between UFO's and time travel. Over time it's becoming more and more obvious to me that if UFO's exist they aren't aliens who have traveled countless light years just to spy on us. One of the first results I found was this old interview with a guy I'd never heard of before, but apparently he was one of the fathers of Ufology. He comes across as quite calm and collected although it seems he did exploit the UFO phenomena for monetary gain and I wouldn't believe everything he says.

However I still find this interview to be very interesting because he talks about his personal experience of being taken aboard a craft and given information about time travel. He doesn't give the usual story of little grey men, he claims "they could have walked in our clothes down any of our streets and we wouldn't have paid any attention to them". He makes some pretty wild claims, such as using this information to build a device capable of receiving television broadcasts that no longer exist. He even talks about bases on the moon and shows a picture of an apparent structure in a crater on the moon, really interesting stuff considering how old the video is.

When you realize we're dealing with a type of man that is almost as far above us in intelligence as we are above the lower animals, there isn't anything phenomenal in this at all.

~ George Van Tassel

I cannot find much about him on ATS but here's a couple of good threads:
Hallo Spaceboy – Exploring the Era of the ‘Contactees’
The Integraton, Tesla, Schumann, and UFOs

My other threads on the topic of time travel and UFO's:
Time Traveling Abductors
UFO's and Time Travel
edit on 14/10/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the share...

Never heard of this man before.. me at least. Watching now.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
.... and the carriers are up to 5 kms. in diameter

Just sayin'

S'n'F

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Good Interview.

I looked up gassendi crater after I wached it.. because the picture he hold up is hard to make out. He is not the first to claim alien bases in that crater.. But I have not found any pictures of any bases yet.

The picture he shows of the time machine building.. I wonder what that is and where it is, looks like a observatory, and does not look as big a she say it is in the beginning.. "fivefloor building"

The encounter he experienced could be real, he sound like he is telling the truth OR he is telling a story he have told so many times its natural to him.

Perhaps someone could do some digging.. did he have any family that took over the time machine.
And I wonder if the Mountauk project ties into this..

edit on 14-10-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

The encounter he experienced could be real, he sound like he is telling the truth OR he is telling a story he have told so many times its natural to him.

That's what I found quite interesting, he had very quick and instinctive answers to the questions about his encounter, even small things that I doubt he's ever been asked before.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Time travel would be a massive task if it could be done. Scientifically it's possible to travel forward in time (we're all doing so right now). But I think going backwards is impossible.

Now if you wanted to go back, you'd surely have to not only account for 'time' but what time measures. Movement.

Earth now is not in the same location it was on this day 200 years ago. Something Doctor Who's TARDIS addresses by moving in both time and space.

We're not just going around the sun in a circle, we're moving in a spiral as the sun moves through the galaxy.

So how most people imagine time travel to work, if you drove your delorean back in time, or forward, when you materialize there's a very good chance you'd reappear in the void of space.

I'd love for time travel to be a thing, be it from aliens or human ingenuity. But I just feel it's just not possible because as I said earlier, time is not really a thing, it's just a measurement of things moving, rotating etc.
A way to make sense of something.

Not to mention I could not see how you could travel back in time without creating a paradox or butterfly effect, even if you took the utmost care not to change anything. Because your mere presence would be changing things if only moving a few particles and atoms in space.

Oh well will watch the clip regardless, always good to look back at history and how humans viewed such things in the past minus the knowledge and tech we have now.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
whatever happened to the 4 story time machine?
Interesting read:

A Time Machine in the Mojave Desert

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

But I think going backwards is impossible.

It depends whether the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is true because it's able to solve the paradoxes which arise due to traveling into the past. I actually prefer the Copenhagen interpretation myself but there's a very good chance the many worlds interpretation is correct so I don't ignore it. Obviously we haven't proven it's possible to travel into the past but in order for us to travel any reasonable distance in space we need a warp drive, and as I've explained before a warp drive manipulates space-time, essentially making it not just capable of moving through space in unconventional ways, but also capable of moving through time in unconventional ways.

But I just feel it's just not possible because as I said earlier, time is not really a thing, it's just a measurement of things moving, rotating etc.

This could very well be the case but relativity does indicate there's some sort of "time continuum" which exists, it's not just this moment in time that exists, all moments in time exist within the time continuum. The many worlds interpretation would imply there is an infinite number of these continuum's for every possible time line. I do prefer to think my future is not already determined and having an infinite number of time lines does provide that in a sense.

Earth now is not in the same location it was on this day 200 years ago. Something Doctor Who's TARDIS addresses by moving in both time and space.

Well I believe it would be done by keeping a lock on the mass of the Earth as you move through time. I believe John Titor suggested something similar. My best guess would be they move above the atmosphere then travel through time while maintaining their distance from the Earth, assuming any of this is true.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So, the formula for the time machine is F = 1/T?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Haha obviously that wont help anyone build a time machine. It is actually the equation for the frequency of a wave, oscillating system, etc.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Turns out he wrote a book "When Stars Look Down" which is a free PDF if you google.

& no I can't do a direct link as the version I first found is on a site disapproved by ATS.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That interview was done at KVOS television station in my home town. George has written a couple books or so, I read one of them and it was mostly about the moon and lunar phenomenon. His "time machine" is still where it was built I think, but it isn't a time travel machine. From George's description of it, it is like a big electric motor that creates a powerful magnetic field of which this building sized motor projects into a zone within the building that connects to the Earth's magnetic field.

George says that the Earth's magnetic field is just like magnetic tape in how it records everything within the Earth's field, so everything that ever happened on Earth is recorded by it and waiting to be played back, by standing within the zone with a television or maybe a video camera and simply "thinking" about a historical event will cause it to appear on a television screen.

Sounds far fetched? Based upon George's magnetic tape recording analogy, it just might not be. George swore it really worked all the way to his death, but no one ever documented it working?

George's book I read a part of said there were visits by feds and strange people with federal credentials showing up and harassing their building and publicizing of that time machine in the '50's and a guy was shot and killed by some police who lived near that airport in Big Rock in some underground cave there that was built into a home. He was unarmed when killed. They raided the place and seized things that were related to the odd things happening there, or something like that.

Can't remember anything much else.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Loves this stuff. Makes a breakfast burrito and a cup of coffee, settles in with blanky

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Haha obviously that wont help anyone build a time machine. It is actually the equation for the frequency of a wave, oscillating system, etc.

That formula according to George was what made that machine they built work in order to play back Earth events which have been imprinted into the Earth's existing magnetic field. (According to George).

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yes, and the formula was given to him by the aliens.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That is what George claimed.

It all comes down to believing George, or not believing him. I believe him, but that doesn't mean I believe anything without a reason. George struck me as a solid family guy who cherished God and country, and I don't see him as any kind of a liar.

He did have a lot of fairly powerful allies that were PhD's and contributed big money to building that machine, and it wasn't "investments" because they knew beforehand it wasn't going to make money.

ETA: The guy that got killed when police showed up to shakedown the guy living in the underground cave nearby, saw them coming and blew himself up with dynamite. The feds were investigating him, and there are documents showing federal interest in George immediately after his contact with the purported ET man.
edit on 14-10-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It all comes down to believing George, or not believing him.

That's right, and I don't believe he ran an airfield without any means of communication.

George struck me as a solid family guy who cherished God and country, and I don't see him as any kind of a liar.

What if he thought he should lie for god and/or country?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It all comes down to believing George, or not believing him.

That's right, and I don't believe he ran an airfield without any means of communication.

George struck me as a solid family guy who cherished God and country, and I don't see him as any kind of a liar.

What if he thought he should lie for god and/or country?

No one who has a real true relationship with God can ever lie and have it be righteous. It doesn't thankfully work that way. Reading about George tells me he wasn't false in that way as well, and he was very well thought of by his peers.

He didn't have telephone service, but did have shortwave and other radio transceivers.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well he doesn't say aliens, he calls them men. Assuming there's any truth to what he says, I would assume he was told quite a few things and then took those benign conversations about physics and exaggerated some things for fame or money. Think about if you could go back in time to visit someone from the past and tell them some of the things we know about modern physics, things about quantum mechanics or dark matter and dark energy, things they don't yet know of. They will most likely see it as divine knowledge even though you're just telling them some very basic stuff, then go around stretching the meaning of it and coming up with their own bizarre interpretations.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Because they were men, just not "Earth" men. He mentions it in books.

As for fame and money, he used most every penny he made and spent it on that "integraton" building, which after he died, all the equipment that made it work was "disappeared". So there was something to it, it wasn't just some kook's fantasy, although most every visionary in history has been painted that way. (Plus their inventions and papers "seized".)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join