It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Public Apology To The GLBT Group

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I just listened to a wonderful sermon online and was compelled to post this thread.
I am apologizing to the gays and lesbians here for past things I have posted.I had no
right to condemn,or to point fingers at.I am asking for your forgiveness and accepting
my apology.
I was just reminded that God is love and we are to love one another and not judge.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

So... you don’t like gay people, but a preacher said you shouldn’t say bad things and now you are apologizing?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

So... you don’t like gay people, but a preacher said you shouldn’t say bad things and now you are apologizing?

As a bi woman, I am constantly confused by people that feel they have to say they are sorry for how they think about me.

They don't realize that I honestly don't care what other people think about my sexuality, no more than I care about anyone else's particular sexual leanings.

After all, gay, straight, in between... it isn't any of my business. It certainly doesn't define who I am, any more than the color of my skin does.

So why should what someone else thinks about me define me?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I never said that I don't like gay people. A preacher reminded me that we are to
love another and God is the judge!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I was just reminded that God is love and we are to love one another and not judge.

Does that apology extend to other judgements you may have made that were not made in love ?

Just askin’ 😉.
I personally think we will never completely be free of judging others. Hypocritical judgement is one thing ( the kind Jesus spoke about ), but I think it would be safe to say that you wouldn’t send your young children to an overnight stay at someone’s home that you have decided was unsafe and unstable for your child.That would be righteous judgement.

How are we to know when stepping in to stop something really bad from going down, without using judgement ?

I think many confuse parts of the gospel, or maybe the gospels are confusing with mixed messages.

The gospels also tell us to admonish our brothers and sisters if they are in sin. Seems like you need to have a prerequisite of judgement to do that. 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Did she say that she didn’t like gay people? Not liking a lifestyle and a person are two very different beats. Why does it matter where the motivation for someone to try to be a better human matter? Seems you won’t be pleased no matter what.

Lum- I like your attitude about it, too many people these days look to be offended.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I was apologizing for past things I had posted.I don't care
about your sexual identity or preferences,it is none of my
business.Those issues are between you and God,not me.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Ummm...methinks that She was just trying to reflect on a change in attitude...a personal growth moment that she chose to share...

Perhaps if we celebrated such moments...it might reflect on not just the individuals personal growth experience...but our own character as well...

I really don't think it matters what vehicle brings these enlightenment moments...I think it says much more that we recognize the altruism being expressed...

Savor that my friend...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Just as long as they aren't Gingers.

*shakes an angry fist at Gingers*

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

hey I take offense being half ginger! lol

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I think that's pretty much what being sorry means. Why would she say sorry if she didn't mean it? That's just fake. Would you rather her just hate gay people instead? Why does it matter to you how it came about?

Personally I think it was a grand gesture. As she said her thoughts and feels in the OP, I was reminded myself, the words in my head ringing out that no matter what... We are not here to judge because our slate is far from clean.

Mama... Thanks for the reminder.

Lume... Good girl. Need more people like you. Water off a duck's back

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hey dude... I'm a .... I HATE that word... It's so demeaning! I'm a redhead! And I'm sexy A.F. and you know it! I gets mine!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I want to thank-you for posting this reply and a star was not
enough,these are for you...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That is so funny that you put it that way.
I see all over the place that the lgbt community is always talking about representation in media.
I never understood why they feel the need to be justified. In fact I think it has the opposite effect.
So many characters feel forced.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I just listened to a wonderful sermon online and was compelled to post this thread.
I am apologizing to the gays and lesbians here for past things I have posted.I had no
right to condemn,or to point fingers at.I am asking for your forgiveness and accepting
my apology.

what does the bible say about homosexuality, people who engage in sexual acts with the same sex?

if god is 'love' , shouldn't that love apply to everyone, no matter what their 'sin' consists of?

why is the notion of god being love only extend to undermining what 'god' said on homosexuality ?

either we modify the bible to meet all of todays's societal norms, or we dont at all.
stop picking and choosing whats right/ wrong.

god can't change his mind , that would mean god was wrong when it initially spite the gays... did god not know god was love before he called for an end to gays?

is there a logical reason im missing or is the entire bible 'bunk'.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

In the past I was judging and condemning others.I have no right
to judge or condemn,that is God's business and not mine.God
loves the people but not their sins.Only God can clean someone's
heart and forgive their sins.People have to repent and admit they
are sinners.
God condemns homosexuality as a sin but He still loves the person.
As I said earlier,I was judging others when I had no right to judge.
All of us are sinners in one way or another.We are to pray for each
other and encourage each other.We are not to condemn,judge or
hinder other people.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hold your head up high Mama! It takes a brave person to put themselves in the position you did and admit they were wrong! As you can see, that isn't good enough.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

As a bi woman, I am constantly confused by people that feel they have to say they are sorry for how they think about me. They don't realize that I honestly don't care what other people think about my sexuality, no more than I care about anyone else's particular sexual leanings. After all, gay, straight, in between... it isn't any of my business. It certainly doesn't define who I am, any more than the color of my skin does. So why should what someone else thinks about me define me?

You are pretty comfortable calling all Democrats retarded or worse though aren't you

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
About the only thing i've found worth judging people for is the way they treat other people. I really can't handle watching someone disrespect someone, treat them like # or do things at the expense of someone else for no reason. Other than that I figure whatever else people do that's their choice. It's not my place to decide what's right for someone elses life. Most people are just living their lives trying to get by the best way they know how.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sorry.

I thought this thread was about a sandwich.

I'll be going now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join