It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Public Apology To The GLBT Group

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

You thought I was talking about Giant Lettuce,Bacon,Tomato sammies?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Inspired by God .............but written by man. An imperfect being.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

God condemns homosexuality as a sin but He still loves the person. 

you speak for god?

lets replace homosexuality with pedophile, murderer, rapists, scammers, lawyers, politicians, the catholic priests preying on children?
should we have the same forgiving demeanor for the above, or is this loving nature only applicable to gayness specifically?

if a person chooses to have relations with the same sex, its their lifestyle, we are not to judge. what about beastiality?

how can god change his words if he is omnipotent? does that mean in the old testaments god was wrong? what else could god have gotten wrong and needs to modify according to man?

the argument of love is irrelevant. god was Always love, even in the old testaments.

the bible and religion are man made. and with each century, the yearning to modify and symbolize the bible only strengthens the argument of god being a man made ideology. its evident the idea of god was purely circumstantial, the more we advance the less god becomes a deterrent; the more we twist the original words.

in perhaps 500 or 1000 years, i suspect many many more texts in the bible will be watered down to metaphors.
eating pork was a sin to Christians of all denomination for a long time... until the equivalent of this conversation circa 800-900 bc when eating pork slowly became more acceptable due to hunger and growing population world wide; a rise which proppeled us into the billion mark.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

As I said earlier,I was judging others when I had no right to judge. All of us are sinners in one way or another.We are to pray for each other and encourage each other.We are not to condemn,judge or hinder other people.

Unfortunately that is not going to cut it here... This site has become the woot woot woot donald trump page. Every Democrat is retarded (but do not classify all Muslims as terrorist) Everything trump says is truth... Innocent until proven guilty but lock her up....

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

As I said earlier,I was judging others when I had no right to judge. All of us are sinners in one way or another.We are to pray for each other and encourage each other.We are not to condemn,judge or hinder other people.

Unfortunately that is not going to cut it here... This site has become the woot woot woot donald trump page. Every Democrat is retarded (but do not classify all Muslims as terrorist) Everything trump says is truth... Innocent until proven guilty but lock her up....

you just made this wonderful thread about Donald Trump and politics.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Pics or it didnt happen

jk

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Op...

Growth is growth.

I understand your message and I appreciate you sharing.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Well if that doesn't betray some prejudices of your own...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Woodcarver

So... you don’t like gay people, but a preacher said you shouldn’t say bad things and now you are apologizing?

As a bi woman, I am constantly confused by people that feel they have to say they are sorry for how they think about me.

They don't realize that I honestly don't care what other people think about my sexuality, no more than I care about anyone else's particular sexual leanings.

After all, gay, straight, in between... it isn't any of my business. It certainly doesn't define who I am, any more than the color of my skin does.

So why should what someone else thinks about me define me?

In this climate, your opinion sounds very fringe.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: Lumenari

As a bi woman, I am constantly confused by people that feel they have to say they are sorry for how they think about me. They don't realize that I honestly don't care what other people think about my sexuality, no more than I care about anyone else's particular sexual leanings. After all, gay, straight, in between... it isn't any of my business. It certainly doesn't define who I am, any more than the color of my skin does. So why should what someone else thinks about me define me?

You are pretty comfortable calling all Democrats retarded or worse though aren't you

People chose to be democrats...

No one chooses to be gay.

Not sure how you don't get this in 2018.

Besides I've never seen her call democrats "retarded".
"Misguided" and "ignorant" maybe.

Me thinks she irks you because she is a critical thinking bi woman who refuses to belong to the liberal plantation of the oppressed masses. That and she destroys liberal fallacies here on the daily.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Sorry.

I thought this thread was about a sandwich.

I'll be going now.

Dyslexia!

Garlic BLT.... Hah!
edit on 13-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Maybe you missed the whole point.

I'll try another way:
It's not up to mankind to label a sin. It's for us to love one another without prejudice and judgement. An extremely hard thing to do but one hell of a level up with mad skillz rewards, yo.

If God deems it a sin, we aren't supposed to do it. BUT... You're not supposed to judge those that do. 2nd rule still applies... Love thy neighbor.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Often we forget that judging others isn't right, likely as unright as other sins. We do it so often that it's common nature to us. Remembering not to, or being reminded not to is a blessing. Not only are you admitting your sin but you're trying to be better for it and you're actively working towards not doing it... until you stumble. Rinse and repeat.

It's not like saying... I'll judge you now because I know I'll be forgiven when I ask for it. That's stupid and God aint no foo, foo! For that, you will not be forgiven.

So.... why? Why stand in the way? Why show resistance? Is your belief or lack thereof more important than the honest, loving, understanding and most of all compassionate actions of another to do good towards someone or a mass of someone elses? That would be far worse, so much worse than the judgment itself. Now you're simply judging someone for not judging. How twisted a mind must you have to ridicule someone for trying to do the right thing, an honest a compassionate thing?

And here yous peak of murderers and pedofiles. We're talking about taters, not fish cakes! God says KNOW them by their fruits. He didn't say judge them. Remember... #2 rule.

But hey, poke holes. A sponge full of water can still float. You dig?

edit on 13-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Pics or it didnt happen

jk

And blow my cover as an undercover, paid Russian Shill? NEVAH!!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow, must have been a powerful sermon. The minister must have mastered hypnotism over the air.

I don't think I actually read any of your posts that slammed the members of the GLBT group

Maybe the preacher was gay.

I have had many gay friends over the year, I don't have anything against them but I do not agree with people changing their sex because they really do not need to. I think they are being persuaded to spend a lot of money for nothing. Your sex does not define you, your integrety and honesty does. A transgender person can just be gay, why do they have to go through operations and buy hormone meds? That stuff is expensive. I don't dislike transgenders but I feel they are getting scammed into believing that changing their sex is going to fix them.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That cat you got looks flamboyant and gay!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I don't get this. Loving your children is the greatest love there is and we still discipline them and tell them when they are making a wrong choice.

It's the same thing with queers. We want them to repent and change their practices BECAUSE we love them.

You don't say oh go on sinning because I love you. You say stop sinning and change because I love you and want you to be forgiven. You have to ask for forgiveness and be repentant though.

Jaden
edit on 13-10-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Some things are a crime in society. Some things that are a crime in human society are also a sin.

Human society is ours to make or alter as we choose.

Sin, judgment, forgiveness ... those are matters of the spirit and rightfully belong only to God. Mixing the two does not apply. Human judgment is not the same as spiritual judgment. A condemned murderer on death row might repent of his sins, but only God knows his heart in order to judge that matter. It's entirely possible that man may go to his death over human justice and be redeemed spiritually.

It is equally likely that a person may live what would be considered a good secular life in human society and be condemned spiritually because they do not repent of their sins before God.
edit on 13-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

She's talking about convicting people to hell. Only God does that. When you tell someone they're going to hell, you steal the judgment seat from God.

But, yes, we can warn others of sin and should.
edit on 13-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

I don't get this. Loving your children is the greatest love there is and we still discipline them and tell them when they are making a wrong choice.

It's the same thing with queers. We want them to repent and change their practices BECAUSE we love them.

You don't say oh go on sinning because I love you. You say stop sinning and change because I love you and want you to be forgiven. You have to ask for forgiveness and be repentant though.

Jaden

Or you give them the stink eye and spit on the ground and grumble under your breath because you think they are the scorn of the earth and you have a right to make them feel like dirt because God said it was a sin and those bastards are sinning!

.... and you're more right because you carry the label of Christian as a war scar that you never really fought for.

Yeah, that's what I see when this situation arises. Love seldom ever had anything to do with it. If it were, you would do like most parents who have children, christian and non... They love them.. They don't judge them, if they did, they accept them the day they realise that it doesn't matter because they're not going to change them... Loving their child, like any good parent, doesn't have boundaries.

So, I'd say, your response was poorly thought out.

I was once one of those "God hates gays so they gotta all burn in hell", until some of the closest people in my life turned out gay. Know what? God probably did that because he thought "I" was the looser, not them and it was "I" that needed help, not them. God will take care of them in his own UNDERSTANDING - LOVING way... You know, that way he says he will deal with us. It's not my job. It's his.

But since we're using *cough - abusing - cough* the Word to condemn others, we should be using the same to condemn ourselves because we're not only sinning ourselves by judging, we're sinning BIG TIME because we're breaking a commandment.

As I said... It's not our job to judge. It's our job to check ourselves and love the other.

So which is it?

Follow God's command and love them without fault? Without bias? Without remorse or judgement?

Or do what God told you not to do and judge them? ...because you're better than God. You can't obey and disobey at the same time. That would make you "luke warm"...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You can't obey and disobey at the same time. That would make you "luke warm"...

The above statement comes off as judgement of someone’s spirituality.
If you are really serious about not judging others, start with not judging those who judge.
It’s as good as any, as a place to start.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join