It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hillary Clinton Loses Security Clearance Amid Email Scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
BREAKING: Hillary Clinton Loses Security Clearance Amid Email Scandal

Hillary Clinton lost her security clearance according to an announcement from the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley also revealed that Hillary Clinton’s aide (who magically became her lawyer) Cheryl Mills along with four others also no longer have clearance.

Via the Senate Judiciary Committee:

The U.S. State Department recently confirmed that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s security clearance has been withdrawn at her request. Clearances for five other individuals whom Clinton designated as researchers have also been withdrawn, including close aide Cheryl Mills, according to the State Department’s update of its ongoing review of the mishandling of classified information related to the use of Clinton’s non-government email server.

Documents containing classified material have been sent to the Bureau of Diplomatic Security, and all valid security incidents have been added to the security file for some individuals. Department authorities are continuing to review tens of thousands of documents for classified content.

The update was provided to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and is being released for the first time following consultation with the State Department. The update follows a letter from the Department in May of 2017 confirming the Department’s review into any mishandling of classified information stemming from the use of Clinton’s non-government email server. That letter, which responded to an inquiry from Grassley, also outlined the review and adjudication process.

click link for article..

So Clinton and 5 of her aides / researchers, including Cheryl Mills, had their clearances removed. While it says this was done at Clinton's request, I have to wonder what would have happened had she not done so. I get the feeling this might have been a forced issue and she decided to take the path that makes it look like she did it, instead of it being forced (which I believe it was).

Either way it is forward momentum so win win for America.

* - Senate Judiciary update on Clinton
* - US State Department response to Sen. Grassley
* - Judicial Watch - Clinton Email FOIA
edit on 12-10-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Good those snakes need to be gone.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Do I understand correctly that Hillary REQUESTED that her clearances be revoked? Why?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I don't understand why they still had clearance, hopefully they didn't have access to anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There is another thread on this subject.
Good news is worth repeating though!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

Do I understand correctly that Hillary REQUESTED that her clearances be revoked? Why?

Yeah that is what it says but I am not buying it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbo8

I don't understand why they still had clearance, hopefully they didn't have access to anything.

People at that level retain security clearance after they leave so they can speak to their successors about issues that carry over from one administration to another. A courtesy if you will that until recently has not caused issues.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
There is another thread on this subject.
Good news is worth repeating though!

If the other thread is in the mudpit forums we can have both. I didnt see a duplicate for breaking political news or for US political madness.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Most likely we will find out soon enough. But if I had to guess....she was in deep and is trying to get ahead of the game on whatever it is/was.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
yeah whole bunch of things been happening in rapid succession that i was suprised to not see posted here (i suck at making threads) www.washingtonexaminer.com... list of trumps 289 accomplishments

www.mprnews.org... keith ellisons divorce records unsealed

reason.com... study on how 80 percent of americans are fed up with PC culture(link to actual pdf in article)

www.politico.com... ties in to your TDS threads

more on topic is it really this common for former politicians to hold on to security clearance after leaving office? how long do they normally get to keep their clearances? has she responded at all to loosing her clearance?

www.dailysignal.com... do you think its related to this at all?

www.politico.com... or this one ?

A federal judge complained Friday that he was lied to by the State Department in a suit related to Hillary Clinton’s private email server, but he later backed off his claim, saying he may have been mistaken. At a hearing on a Freedom of Information Act case about talking points related to the 2012 Benghazi attack, Judge Royce Lamberth complained that officials told the court that they had completed searching the agency’s records for information on the topic even though they knew that Clinton and other officials had used private email accounts for official business. “The State Department told me it had produced all the records,” Lamberth complained. “That was not true at the time. It was not true. It was a lie.” Justice Department attorney Robert Prince repeatedly interrupted, denying the judge’s claim. “It was not a lie, your honor,” Prince said during the tense exchange. He went on to say that while the State Department had not immediately revealed the internal effort to recover Clinton’s emails, it did search those messages soon after receiving them.

www.politico.com... clinton said she requested the removal which to me at least was some what surprising

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's security clearance has been revoked at her request, the State Department told lawmakers, according to a letter made public Friday. Clinton's clearance was withdrawn on Aug. 30, according to a letter from the State Department to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), which he released.
so she hasnt had it since end of Aug 30th

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

ABOUT TIME. Look at the Clinton Foundation, Haiti, of course the private servers and bleachbit, "superpredators that we need to bring to heel", "I always have my hotsauce with me", and whatever other scandals and crimes she has been a part of.

Watch her minimize it as a "formality" or neglect to publicly comment on it whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Good that she doesn't have one now. She abused the heck out of it when she had the clearances.

The Clintons are a menace and seem to curse anyone they touch, even their own allies.
And people are still covering for her by minimizing things that happen involving them. That is even more pathetic.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well, I dunno how security clearances work for these elite types but for everyone else there is a time limit for all clearances. If I recall correctly, its five years. After the five years are up you have resubmit your SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation) and another background investigation begins. Once completed, your clearance type will continue, unless said investigation finds wrong doing. Now that Hillary is no longer working for the gov't she doesn't need a clearance. I don't think she's planning on working for the private sector that requires a clearance so at the end of the day, she doesn't need a clearance.

Like I said, I dunno how it works for these elite types but typically once you get a clearance it doesn't mean you have it for life.

A Periodic Reinvestigation (PR) is required every 5 years for a TOP SECRET Clearance, 10 years for a SECRET Clearance or 15 years for a CONFIDENTIAL Clearance. However, civilian and military personnel of DOD can be randomly reinvestigated before they are due for a PR.

And too boot, even if she still has a clearance that doesn't mean she can just walk into any old SCIF and browse classified materials because there's the NEED TO KNOW basis and shes doesn't even work for the gov't anymore and she doesn't need to know, especially with a GOP controlled gov't. So had she still had her clearance there's not much at all it's worth to her.

edit on 12-10-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Does bill still have clearance? If so then she can still get what she wants

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Because, if everything was revealed up front, they couldn't develop the story over the next 3-6 months. You gotta just sit back and see how they try and play this one since the judge thing is no longer holding peoples attention.

This will be great!!!! Just watch. If you thought the last episode of 'As our Politicians Pretend' was good, just wait for the next installment.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Because she knows she's got a snowballs chance in hell of getting the 2020 nomination.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Former POTUS still have a clearance? Good question, maybe? He is a former POTUS so I assume he's still privy to POTUS things but I have a feeling Bill isn't at all using it or trying to. He's living the retired life.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Dear god, let's all hope that she doesn't make another failed run at POTUS! I would even pray on that and I don't pray at all!

That said, having a clearance or not will have no effect on anyone running and winning the presidency. For gods sake, Trump has a clearance and that's only because it automatically comes with the job. So let's say in a terrible world she becomes POTUS, she would have a clearance again and she could give anyone she wants a clearance, no investigation needed. Stupid, I know.
edit on 12-10-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

My crystal ball is putting out a Beto/Cortez ticket.

The new stars of the party from hell.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why isn't this misanthrope that walks the face of the Earth and coughs up loogies not dead yet?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join