It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hillary Clinton Loses Security Clearance Amid Email Scandal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"withdrawn" at her request in this case is likely akin to being asked to resign, so you don't have the embarrassment of being fired.

It's about #ing time. We need charges ASAP.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Lol awesome

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Xcathdra

We might see her in jail as a Christmas present.

Do they allow video/pictures to be taken of inmates at Guantanamo?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: seattlerat
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Do I understand correctly that Hillary REQUESTED that her clearances be revoked? Why?

Most likely we will find out soon enough. But if I had to guess....she was in deep and is trying to get ahead of the game on whatever it is/was.

Hillary playing 2D chess?

I bet she doesn’t even know how to play chess. Maybe Chutes and Ladders.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How long you keep it depends on the level of clearance. Top Secret is only good for 5 years, from the date your investigation was completed. So if you last had your background investigation done in 2015, and you leave service in 2018, your TS clearance is still good until 2020. For Secret it's 10 years.

However, most folks, when you leave service, your clearance essentially gets deactivated. It's still technically valid, so if you had to get recalled or something they could reactivate it easier than it is to get you a completely new clearance. However, once your 5 years (or 10 for Secret) is up, whether your clearance was active or inactive to that point, it becomes invalid unless you have a re-investigation done.

Some of these high-profile positions their clearance is left active when they leave so their successors can talk to them about things if they need to. That doesn't necessarily mean they have access to anything though. It's a common misconception that if you have Top Secret clearance, you can go look at anything classified Top Secret. That's not how it works. You only have access to material that's necessary for you to perform your government duties. As a former SecState, you really have no need to know anything unless a current official decides to read you into something for legitimate purposes.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

If true, it would be mitigating damage done.

A different set of rules will apply for after the fact(s) " smart move, attempt distance and removal from possible future issues arising from clearance.

Get it back...huge win in eyes of gullible voters., good play.

Deniability at it's finest

Mg

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Do I understand correctly that Hillary REQUESTED that her clearances be revoked? Why?

Most likely we will find out soon enough. But if I had to guess....she was in deep and is trying to get ahead of the game on whatever it is/was.

She's a world class player of "Sorry" and "Clue".

😎

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Thank god. Does that mean she can't run in 2020? Please tell me it means she has to retire now.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Thank god. Does that mean she can't run in 2020? Please tell me it means she has to retire now.

No, it doesn't mean that actually. We're never gonna get rid of her. Even after she dies they'll probably wheel her corpse out now and then and accuse us of being sexist if we don't kiss her ass.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The only disqualifer to run for President is if the person in question has ever been impeached AND convicted by the Senate as is removed.

Absent that, to the best of my knowledge, a person can run so long as they are a natural born citizen and 35 years of age or older.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The only disqualifer to run for President is if the person in question has ever been impeached AND convicted by the Senate as is removed.

Absent that, to the best of my knowledge, a person can run so long as they are a natural born citizen and 35 years of age or older.

And, obviously, haven't already served 2 full terms as president.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahaha!

Ahahahahahahahahah!

Um...but no seriously.....

Hehehehehehe!!! What an idiot. And they called this moron the most qualified person to be President to ever run...
edit on 12 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yeah that is what it says but I am not buying it.

My guess is that there is some butt covering going on with that statement. Kind of like: "I wasn't FIRED. I QUIT!" or, "He didn't dump me! I dumped him!"

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
"withdrawn" at her request in this case is likely akin to being asked to resign, so you don't have the embarrassment of being fired.

No wonder Hillary so angry...calling for violence against Republicans. Her days of freedom are coming to an end. She is now on her "farewell tour" with Bill.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: face23785

No wonder Hillary so angry...calling for violence against Republicans. Her days of freedom are coming to an end. She is now on her "farewell tour" with Bill.

The midterm elections, in my opinion, are the last chance for Democrats / Obama-Clinton cabal. If they cant capture either house then the investigations into everything will continue and they cant do a thing to stop it (aside from inciting violence however Republicans seem to have found their spine so it wont work either).

I am waiting for the mysterious suicides to start occurring. If these people are going to go to prison then they have nothing to lose by killing people.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Oh she's protesting the John Brennon clearance/strip

😃😃
Clinton Spox: Hillary Gave Up Security Clearance as Protest Against Pres. Trump Revoking John Brennan’s Clearance

Hillary Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said late Friday night that the former secretary of State voluntarily gave up her security clearance in August after reports that she lost the privilge amid her email scandal. Merrill said it was a show of support following the op-ed by former commander of U.S. Special Operations Command Admiral William McRaven offering to surrender his security clearance in protest of President Donald Trump revoking the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan. At the time the it was reported the White House was looking at the possibility of other former Obama officials’ clearances being pulled as part of effort to strip abusers of the privilege of high ranking government officials maintaining a clearance after leaving office.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It took Hillary months to think up an excuse for the revocation? She's getting senile.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It's hilarious that she expects people to believe that. The rest of the letter deals with the continued investigation of classified documents, so it is obvious that the revocation was not voluntary.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It's hilarious that she expects people to believe that. The rest of the letter deals with the continued investigation of classified documents, so it is obvious that the revocation was not voluntary.

What's scary and sad is there are people who will in fact believe her. At this point Clinton could confess to everything and people would still claim its a vast right wing conspiracy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join