It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

repressed abilities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Does anything liek that even exist? Once I left home, I started experiencing different abilities. Now, when I was a kid, I had dreams about the future, and I was very susceptible to spiritual influences, but my dad was a hardcore Pentecostal christian and slammed the lid on it as best he could. Now I'm out in the real world, and I'm getting slammed right and left with other people's feelings, and having so many prophetic dreams. I don't really have any knowledge of the paranormal, but I'm trying to soak up all I can, as quickly as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Books to read, or something?

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by darkhowling]

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I affect radio reception and am susceptible to electrostatic discharge. is that like being a SLIder, or something different?

Need coffee......

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ewwww, this is JUST what I was hoping you were going to talk about.

YES, I believe in repressed abilities. I believe they can be repressed in a number of ways:

Spiritually - and this would go along the lines you are speaking of with your father. (And I grew up in a "spiritually repressive" environment as well, so I know from whence you have came
). And I do believe this increase in your dreams and such are do to you being in a more "spiritually free" environment.

Physiologically - I believe how we are treating our bodies can either increase these abilities or stymie them. Drugs, alcohol, poor nutrition, etc. can block this.

Psychologically - I believe we can have a fear of these abilities and literally deny them into suppression.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Do you have any suggestions for some information on some of these abilities? I want to learn all I can about whatever I possess.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, I do not know what your belief system is now, so my personal suggestions would be from my point of spiritual belief, and may not fit into your world.

First, I believe the Bible is an excellent place to study these abilities. Because for one, these abilities are discussed and legitimized right there. And, because of the repressive environment you grew up in, and its connection to a Bible-based religion, it might do you a lot of spiritual good to go back and see that the repression you were under did NOT come from the Bible.

Also, you will see that these abilities are called GIFTS, which helps you to accept them positively. Short of that, I am hesitant to point in a direction of study.

I would be VERY interested in you sharing the visions/dreams that you have described as "prophetic". There are a couple of threads already that are discussing this,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or we could do it here.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That's a very good point, about my needing to viewmy gifts as such.
I woke up on Sept. 7, 2001 and immediately called my fiancee, asking her to come back home. She was in NYC for a high school chorale performance @ Carnegie Hall. She was pretty upset, but she did as I asked. When the towers were hit, she just collapsed into my arms. It turned out that she had planned out a tour with two of her friends of the towers for that morning. A few days later we found out that they were dead. But only knew from the dream that she was in danger. I had another dream about her being in danger, but I reached her too late that time.
Anyway, I mostly have dreams about conversations or my children. when I was in boot camp, I saw the death of my grandfather two weeks before it happened, so my drill instructor was surprised that I took it so well.
I don't necessarily expect a response from this question, but what is the point of seeing tragedies that I can do nothing about? I've become weary of losing loved ones in my dreams, and then in reality.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I forgot. One dream I have been having a lot is that a city is being shaken apart. It's utterly quiet on the outskirts, like all of nature has shut up for a moment. And then, everything begins to shudder, as if the Earth herself were sobbing. I see a small boy running towards his parents, but an awning overhead falls between them, and he is knocked off of his feet by another spasm in the ground. There are people screaming, and running out of buildings, but the city is crumbling around them, and fires are starting to break loose. A fire hydrant gets twisted almost to the ground by some unforeseen wrenching underground, and it suddenly explodes like a bullet into a narby car. The destruction is unreal. Every time I wake up wondering where I was, because I don't recognize the language they were using, or the location. There seemed to be a lt of older european cars, though.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing ALL of those visions. Especially the bigger-picture earthquake vision.

Concerning this question:

"but what is the point of seeing tragedies that I can do nothing about?"

Do you realize that you answered this one yourself in the same post?

"I saw the death of my grandfather two weeks before it happened, so my drill instructor was surprised that I took it so well. "

I personally classify prophetic visions into three categories:

1.) Visions of contemporaneous, or near-approaching events that you have for the benefit of others. You started this post by explaining how you were able to save your fiancee...how can you say "you can do nothing?" I have had these type visions, and to share those visions with the person they are related to, and see a positive result is wonderful.

2.) Visions of mercy - premonitions of things to come for the your own benefit. God's ability to forewarn you and prepare your spirit for trauma. ""I saw the death of my grandfather two weeks before it happened, so my drill instructor was surprised that I took it so well. " I have had one of these type visions and it was a forewarning of impending physical damage to myself...and it happened as a matter of fact. My older sister had this type vision approximately 1 month before her son started having bizarre symptoms - which led to a diagnosis of an inoperable brain tumor. Her premonition occured while she was awake. All of a sudden she was sitting on the front pew of a church and a coffin was in front of her, and it was her son's. She shared this with me immediately after having it and could barely speak for the over-whelming emotion she still felt at experiencing this vision of attending her son's funeral. It was in that vision and in the recalling of it that my sister's spirit was allowed to experience a great portion of the grief and traum that was to come. In other words, I believe it "portioned" the suffering.

3.) The big picture prophetic visions - maybe the reason for you having these is to share them right here, huh? Just remember, one the biblical prophecies is that visions and dreams will increase as the time approaches.

Mainly I would urge you to look at these gifts in a positive light. Because for you to speak the good things that have come from these, but then follow up with "what good is this?" shows me you are not viewing this correctly.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Good points. I guess I'll have to work all of this out over time.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Especially under your type of circumstances. You were suppressed somewhat due to your father and his strong beliefs *possibly* against such abilities. That's completely understandable too, there are many people that could also be repressed because they believe anything that has to with forseeing or paranormal abilities is evil and/or Satanic.

I think it could go either way, depending upon how you use those abilities..but I don't think they are from Satan.

So now that you are out from underneath your fathers wing you may feel alot of confusion and almost like being hit in the head with a bunch of things you don't fully understand yet. But you will, in time and with patience and learning from yourself and others experiences. You will seem possibly very overwhelmed for a while and maybe you have been feeling this way for a while. It will pass though onto the next phase. You've certainly come to a great place for helping you into that next phase of understanding and settling.

I think the answers you are looking for reside within yourself and sometimes just sharing your prophecies and abilities and hearing others who can relate, adds validation and comfort, sometimes that's all we really need..just to hear that we aren't alone and to have others listen

Always remember to go with your strongest instincts..
Magestica

[Edited on 7/5/03 by magestica]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
OMG

I just got up from a nap, and had the earthquake dream again, except that someone was really, REALLY mad. It was just a feeling that overpowered me. I only got about halfway through the normal sequence of events in the dream, and the emotion was too strong for me to stay.
Does anyone have an explanation for this?

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
When you say "some one was really mad". Was it a specific person in the dream? Did you see an angry person? OR did you have some type of empathic feeling such that there was not a specific person in the dream that was angry, but some one unseen, which you could feel their emotion, was angry?

Look forward to your response.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No, it was just a strong feeling that was there. I didn't see anyone angry, it was as if the very air around me were saturated with it.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Do you think there is any possibility this city in ruins might be Rome?

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have no idea where. Wish I did, though.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Darkhowling;

By chance, would you be able to list your genetic leinage? Ancestors and family Sur/names? How much about your leinage could you explain?

I only ask as I know certain ancient people, have a dominance in these sort of traits.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't know the majority of my lineage, but I do know that My particular branch of the McElroys came from the lineage of a king of Ulster. We also had quite a few other powerful religious and political leaders, ut none as famous as that one. I've been trying to find out more about my lineage for a few years, actually

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I found a great article on Psipog.net that ireally related to involving empathy, but It didn't show me how to create these "dampers" he spoke of. If anyone has a link to a site that'll give a good explanation, I'd be very gratefull. I'm almost to the point of getting examined by a shrink by my superiors thanks to the days events.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if prescription drugs can repress abilities? Ever since I've been on this certain medication, my abilities have gotten much weaker.

new topics

top topics

join