It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 fleet grounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Uh-oh. Not sure what's up here, but love the angle of its expense. These things happen all the time though. Better safe than sorry. I an not sure what the fuel tubes are. we talking heat exchangers?

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 11-10-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is this more to do with the Chinese chip?
a reply to: lakenheath24

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gimcrackery

What is that? They are blaming it on fuel tubes.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No. The crash investigation for the aircraft that went down in South Carolina reported a fuel line issue. Some aircraft need to have an inspection of the line, and possible replacement. Other aircraft already have good fuel lines and don't need inspections.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The entire inspection, following the TCTO exactly, takes a whole 2 hours.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No. The crash investigation for the aircraft that went down in South Carolina reported a fuel line issue. Some aircraft need to have an inspection of the line, and possible replacement. Other aircraft already have good fuel lines and don't need inspections.
Those fancy new self health monitoring systems sure are a godsend when it comes to situations like this.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Now that they aren't quite the hypochondriacs they used to be. Still needs a lot of work but getting better.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Now that they aren't quite the hypochondriacs they used to be. Still needs a lot of work but getting better.

You mean that half psi drop in pressure wasn’t the world coming to an end?!?! Inconceivable!!! 😝
At least now there will be less blood behind the rules and hard learning curve (god willing of course).

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Tons of CNDs for awhile. ALIS likes to exaggerate.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Tons of CNDs for awhile. ALIS likes to exaggerate.

Zap buddy you’re the best but you lost me here what does the Comission on Narcotic Drugs have to do with Alaska Land Information System? 😝 I kid, I kid although the CND part did have me scratching my head for a moment still waking up getting ready to hit the road.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

CND=good times had by all. Heh. I've seen some that would put someone into a mental hospital.

top topics

join