It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my son Tuesday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Your family tragedy hit me. I'm starting to get up in age, not too old, but my kids are going to be adults soon. So I can easily put myself in your shoes. The devastation at having to bury a child...

I can't help financially, but where I can I will...

God sees all that is happening today and he cares for us, and you as a person. And he is close to all those who are are going through suffering. His word says:

Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted;
He saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- Psalm 34:18.

He promises that there will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous in Jesus' kingdom, in the near future on earth. Until then the majority of mankind who has fallen asleep in death is sleeping, waiting to be called back to life. Your son is probably going to be among them.

Take courage that God has taken notice of you, and given you this word. And pray to him. He will answer all sincere prayers, and will comfort all who call on him in all their tribulations. Because he cares for you.

While you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7.

Here are a couple of videos that you might find encouragement from that comfort those of us who have lost loved ones in death.

Resurrection in the New World

The man on the beach lost his son and his father at the same time in a car crash. In this video, at the end you see him reunited with them in the resurrection.

Just Around the Corner

I really take comfort in this very nice song. The video shows an older couple who lost their daughter when she was a young child. They are now in the new world and are young again, and are getting ready for their daughter to be resurrected back to life and given back to them. I have it in my car and listen to it every day when I'm driving. It really gives me peace of mind to meditate on the words.

And here is one more song. It is entitled: He Will Call. It's taken from a verse in Job. When Job had lost all his means of living, all of his livestock, his health, and all of his 8 children were killed on one day. He wanted to die. And then asked the question:

"If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?"

He answered with this comforting truth:

"You will call, and I myself shall answer you.
For the work of your hands you will have a yearning." Job 14:14, 15.

He said that God will remember those sleeping in death. That he has a longing to wake them back up and bring them to life. And that will will have a yearning for the work of his hands. And that the dead will live again:

He Will Call
edit on 17-10-2018 by aniceday because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
I sent you a PM.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join