It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Welsh build Stonehenge?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Yes if I remember correctly Vikinga were just fishermen whom lived in a small settlement on one fjord of Norway, Scandinavian may be a better terminology for those from north of the Baltic but they were a very well traveled people.

As for Indo-European's did you know that the Hittites spoke a language very close indeed to the Germanic languages and may have had word's and some grammatical structure in common with modern English which would suggest the Germanic language tree speaking peoples are a later wave of indo European migrant's to the Gaelic people's and indeed that some Irish word's are common with Berber languages and other Semitic language word's despite the Gaelic Language being put into the Indo European language family.

While Gaelic may be more similar to some dialects of Farsi which of course is the dominant language of Persia and spoken into the Hindu Kush and also India, some of these shared word's and syntax though may be down to the link's created by ancient trade and cultural influences.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Noinden

Yes if I remember correctly Vikinga were just fishermen whom lived in a small settlement on one fjord of Norway, Scandinavian may be a better terminology for those from north of the Baltic but they were a very well traveled people.

Could be wrong, but I am sure I read Norsemen only referred to "Going Viking" rather than "We are Viking"

And yes, they were fishermen, farmers, shipwrights, blacksmiths etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767 some Irish word's are common with Berber languages

Totally agree on the Irish link with the north african Berber. It's not the language angle that I've been studying but the eye angle, there is a certain type of Irish folk that has the same eye as the Berber. Wayne Rooney is a perfect example of this, berber eyes that twinkle and radiate. Very different to eye of Welsh or angle saxon type

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Sorry, couldn't help myself lol

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Totally beautiful

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Neighbour, yes I know the Hitties were an Indo-European people (well the ruling class), the last Pagan church I belonged too (I've moved on to more solitary studies) was a Pan Indo-European church. So we studied the myths (when known) of the various IE people, including the Tocharians, Hitties, pre-hindu IE people in india, persians etc. My own area of interest was and is the Celtic speaking ones, I've an affinity for the Gaels and the Gauls (I'm learning reconstructed Gaulish aka neo gaulish)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was totally shocked when i first saw the pictures from the late 50s of stonehenge being "re-built" its a fact many seem to gloss over and ignore in modern day and claim its an "ancient" site. When in reality thats not exactly true.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join