It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Wishes to JustMike

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

What Timely said!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Thank You for keeping us posted Mike. I have been gone for a bit but I hurried in to check this out.
As far as I can calculate your OP is tomorrow, if it hasn't already happened.
My prayres are with you.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with you too Mike.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wondering so far removed.

Are you OK? We will never know if the surgery failed. We will never know if a dear friend is MIA. You would be dearly missed.
I pray all has gone well, that you are safe.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

here is a peaceful vibe for you and yours and your friends and mine, Mike......

A blast of UV defracted through the atmosphere at an oblique angle, glancing off the sea

be well my friend.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey hunny,
On November 16th Mike said his operation was in 10 days...so I don't think he has had his surgery yet.

I know what it's like to worry that we won't know what's happening with our long distance friends, but I think that there is still some time before he has the operation...and will hopefully check in to let us know how he's doing.

Like you guys I'm waiting for updates too. You are wonderful friends...good people with kind hearts. Let's all hope and pray for the best...and maybe Mike will check in and let us know how he is doing.

Hugs all around. He will be fine. He has to...he is one of us.
We are thinking of you Mike and sending our love.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

He has all of our good wishes, both for the op. And then the recovery.

@Mike ... we're still on your team. Need a sympathetic ear ?
We are here. Or only a PM away ...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Oh, thanks for the correction. My glasses don't always serve me well.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Best Wishes to you JustMike In hopes all is well with you and yours.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hope everything works out, JustMike.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think it is time to hold up our candles
together. To join our thoughts and prayers. To send what ever positive energy we can to Mike and Dada.
We haven't heard form him, so let's gather forces.

EDIT. I just want to say selfishly, they have become dear to me over the past four years, I am worried and crying, longing for just a single word of confirmation that they are OK.
edit on 23-11-2018 by WalkInSilence because: silly

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
WIS and everyone, I'm so sorry for not posting sooner. Please forgive me for neglecting to even check in here for some days. This week has been a busy one with my pre-op tests and so on, but I should have visited here at least.

As for the tests, they all panned out well. Blood picture was incredibly detailed but they found nothing of any worry, lung x-rays were good, I had a brain CT some days back that was ok, my ECG on Wed a.m. was also no worry. So, I'm good to go for my op.

Besides all the tests and stuff, this week has been pretty good overall. Only had two days with really bad nausea. Main issues for me, to be honest, have been mental ones. Just really missing my lady Dada and having to deal with her being in a strange place and I'm on my own here. I'm sure many of you know how that can be.

And yes, I went into my shell a bit. Not a good thing to do but sometimes I'm just like that.

On the plus side, my doc (Milos) called the doc in charge of the ward where Dada is now in the Jihlava Psych Hospital. (After Dada was assessed she was moved to the Women's Geriatric Ward.) Milos made the call for me as we've talked a lot and I know he can communicate my own concerns better than I could myself.

In short, as the doc there said, "She's in quite good spirits and talks all the time." This is actually a good sign. If she chatters away for hours on end about who-knows-what then she's just being her normal, present-day self and is not bothered much by anything.

So, I was glad to hear that, but the main reason I asked my doc to call her treating doc there was to get his advice and opinion on a key issue. You see, my friend Martin had arranged to come out here from Prague and visit me for much of the weekend. He offered to drive me over to Jihlava to visit Dada on Saturday, because he knows I can't risk driving that far.

The key issue: when she was in that other psych. hospital in Prague 3 yrs ago, every time I visited she became extremely distressed when I was leaving. She was sobbing and begging me to take her home. It was just... It was heart-breaking. Absolutely awful.

So I needed that doc's totally honest opinion: if I visit, how might it affect her? Because much as I so dearly want to see her, I can't put her through the suffering she had the last time. I explained all this to my doc and he understood, and had quite a discussion with her treating doctor.

He said my visit was almost guaranteed to disturb her routine and possibly make her very distressed, especially when she knew I was leaving and she had to stay. Also, seeing me on crutches would upset her as well, because she will not even remember I was already using them when she was still home.

Well, after a long convo with my doc, I've decided not to go.
I want to see her so, so desperately, but I cannot bear the thought of leaving her in tears when minutes before, she was feeling perfectly fine.

For Dada, every day is like "Groundhog Day". The difference between her and Bill Murray's character is that she can't even remember yesterday except perhaps as a whisper of a dream, so she doesn't know that this is the life she is living.

Some could say, "As she'll forget in a short while, her distress will disappear quickly. So why not visit her?"

The answer is simple. Because while that may be true, it does not give me the right to make her suffer terribly, when it's only so my own emotional needs can have a little relief. I have friends I can talk to IRL, a great doctor who truly listens and understands, and all of you, my friends here, who are so good to me.

Yes, visiting her would make her happier for a few minutes, but then she would suffer. That's not fair to her. I just can't do it, especially as it could be who-only-knows how long before I can go back again. (That depends on how my surgery goes and what rehab I might need after.)

She is in a world within her own mind, a mind that is lost and can't find a way out into the sunshine. Whatever happiness she can find, I have to let her have as much of it as possible – but not if the price for it is crushing disappointment and despair, no matter how little time that may last.

So even though it hurts, I have decided to wait until I've had my own surgery and I am well enough to look after her again, at home, under the guidance of the medical professionals there who have the shared goal of trying to make that happen. They want to get her settled on a treatment regime that will make it possible for me to bring her home as soon as possible, when I am well enough to manage the day-to-day tasks of caring for her.

On Sunday I go into hospital to get ready for my spinal surgery. I am guessing the op will be on Mon or Tues but I'll try to let you know once I know for sure. Hopefully it'll go well. Then, through my doc in consultation with the docs there, we'll reach that goal.

Soon, my love. Soon. We'll get you home again, where you belong. I promise.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Mike, my heart aches for you. It may take time, but you and your lovely Lady Dada will be together again Hunny. I almost said Lady Gaga. And when I saw all the candles from Wis and everyone, I thought we had a concert going on in here. We will indeed have a celebration for you guys when things all fall into place and they will.

As always, much love and light dear friend!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you, Raine. I'm gratefuland I love that photo!

But as it's almost 3 am here I ought to get to sleep. So, it's good night from me and I'll try to get in here again within the next 24 hrs.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Dear JustMike, please try and rest as much as you can on your last weekend before your operation. You will be home soon enough with Dada again. I can't begin to imagine how hard things are but as you said, Dada needs a stable and peaceful environment while you are fixed. Dunno if you have any Bailey's left, I'll drink one for you both.
edit on 23/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Thanks for the update Mike !

You have made an admirable decision to forego seeing Dada for unselfish reasons.

Stay strong Mike, we are all with you and Dada in your plight.

Soon, soon life will resume some normality ... until then should you need a sympathetic ear or to hear a joke 😁

Just say the word here or PM any of us !

Cheers Mike.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thank You Mike. I don't always look on the bright side of things but on the "what ifs". I have seen a lot of those.
My heart goes out to you, your concerns about Dada and the separation is real and must take up much of your thoughts. But just focus on you now, friend. You are going into battle, for some time, the operation and as long as your recovery takes.

Then, when you have "slain the dragon" (no offense to dragonphelias") and rebiult the castle you can bring home your princess.

I didn't meen to stress you, sorry.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thank You Mike. I don't always look on the bright side of things but on the "what ifs". I have seen a lot of those.
My heart goes out to you, your concerns about Dada and the separation is real and must take up much of your thoughts. But just focus on you now, friend. You are going into battle, for some time, the operation and as long as your recovery takes.

Then, when you have "slain the dragon" (no offense to dragonphelias") and rebiult the castle you can bring home your princess.

I didn't meen to stress you, sorry.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back ?

A stick.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You didn't stress me, my friend. Not you; no, never you. Far from it. Your care and your messages mean so much to me.

Thank you, my friend. And please check your PMs.

Thanks also to everyone who has been there for both of us. It doesn't matter where in this world you are, I still feel as if you are all close by.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join