It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no God but Love: If you don't know Love, then you don't know God (1 John 4:7-8)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

If you accept Jesus and His sacrifice

In fact I believe though God hates sin and sinning, He warns us against sin not because of the sin itself but He sees the damage it causes to us more than the damage it does to Him

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
There is No God but Love: If you don't know Love, then you don't know God (1 John 4:7-8)

You quoted 1 John 4:7-8 as your thread title. Do you mind explaining, "There is No God?".

I have check ASW and NIV translations. Both translated differently than your thread title.

This is the translation by ASW and NIV.
1 John 4:7-8
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Your 1 John 4 completely rewrite line 7 and replace it with, "There is no God but love." May I know, where do you get that? Who translate such sentence?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow
I think it's a logical inference, rather than a direct translation.
if there is only one God, then there is no God but that God.
If that God is Love (as the text says), then there is no God but Love.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
"Mathew 12:32. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

OK, try to apply it to Christian Trinity, whereas, Jesus is Godhead. Oops! Matthew is making nonsense, Because Jesus is both The Son of Man and The Holy Spirit.

"Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe."

"Especially of those who believe" is not equal to "savior of all people." Christian's living god, who is the son of man, does not save all people. He does not save the atheist, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu and Pagan people. Let face it. Your god Christ's love is conditional and limited to Christianity. Stop thinking your god is the one Almighty God the Creator, for HE is the first everlasting neither created, nor begotten, nor being a son.

Your Christ god has no right to represent the love of all people. Leave it to our Father in Heaven, YHWH.

"John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

How is this suppose to work with Trinity? John should wrote,"For God so loved trinity worshippers that he, gave himself, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not sacrifice himself to condemn the chuch, but to save trinitarian through him.

There. I have fixed John to suit Trinitarian's agenda.

Very few people actually disagree with the teaching of Jesus Christ when it comes to loving your neighbor and peace. But the corrupt church has placed a huge burden on the congregation. Many of whom have been pushed into disbelief of Christ's divinity.

The corrupt Church, nevertheless, are so successful with their Trinity doctrine.

The name of God's son is not just Jesus Christ, but also the Holy Spirit.

Exactly why your quote on Matthew 12:32 make no sense. Remember, Mathew said anyone who speak against the son of man, who is Jesus, is forgiven.

Your preach make no sense, because your trinity doctrine has serious issue with identity crisis.
edit on 10-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

The "there is no God" is blasphemy to me. So I take that as an issue.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hxc408

God does not exist for us, but we exist so that we might serve God.

So god allowed Man to fall in the Garden ( not omniscient ) so "he" could sacrifice a part of himself (trinity) by Blood to cover "sins".

How about Christianity is based on earlier beliefs that have a resurrected saviour, blood sacrifice.

How about thinking that the Roman Empire never really went away - it morphed into Christianity.

Why should man bend the knee for earthly rulers or even a desert god named Jehovah?

This is not about love - but love is used as a pretext to allow the earthly Rulers to enjoy the spoils whilst on the Earth.

Heaven and hell is for the obedient followers to worry about.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

You're not reading the sentence properly. I wrote "no God but..."
"There is no God but..." is a perfectly legitimate way of saying "There is only one God, viz. the one described as follows."
In the same way that "There is no President of the United States but Trump" would be aother way of saying "Trump is the only President of the United States".
It is normal English usage. "No God... except..." would be another way of putting it.

edit on 10-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Pa reply to: EasternShadow

For God so loved the world trinitarianism, Mormons, Buddhists, Muslims, cop tics atheists et all...
He sent His son
See it's not about trinitarianism, it's about those who accept Jesus
Your analogy is silly

What you quote and preach makes no sense

Father son and Spirit are three but one
How can love exist if it's not in communion with others, how can God be love and not have the capacity to share love

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Father son and Spirit are three but one

This is silly and illogical. Being the First, how can one is being both father and son? If He is the son, then who is the father?

originally posted by: Raggedyman
How can love exist if it's not in communion with others, how can God be love and not have the capacity to share love

How can son exist without father? How can god became a son? A son of what?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You're not reading the sentence properly. I wrote "no God but..."
"There is no God but..." is a perfectly legitimate way of saying "There is only one God, viz. the one described as follows."
In the same way that "There is no President of the United States but Trump" would be aother way of saying "Trump is the only President of the United States".
It is normal English usage. "No God... except..." would be another way of putting it.

But that is not 1 John 4:7 is about. Line 7 subject is us ( Dear Friends or Beloved ), and the message is about John inviting us to love each other.

OP is welcomed to insert his own opinion, but it is not right to alter the bible.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This brings us back to my previous explanation;

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

This brings us back to my previous explanation;

So you think it's right for one's "logical inference" to change any sentence in the bible?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It is right that a logical inference should be allowed to explain a sentence, or to draw further meaning out of it.
The OP did not put the title in quotation marks; it is being offered as an explanatory paraphrase, not as a fresh translation.

edit on 10-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
To love as God does one must see and hear what is showing up.
I went for a walk yesterday in a park and I saw the beauty of the trees...I looked at them as they were....I did not look at them and wonder how they could make my life better...I did not judge them as good or bad.....I really saw them and I was filled up with love.
Who sees or hears what there really is?
A man sees with businessman eyes.......if there isn't something in it for him he is not interested.
How many walk through a park and see nothing but mental thoughts and fears about yesterday or tomorrow?

To love is to see what there really is...with no comparrison or judgement or hope for more or better.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The son is the manifestation... apparent existence. Existence is appearing.....in plain sight.
The father is 'plain sight'.

Can an appearance appear outside of sight? The two are one.
edit on 10-10-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

The son is the manifestation... apparent existence. Existence is appearing.....in plain sight.

Lol you are just twisting the word "plain sight" and manifestion. Apparent existence does not exist in "plain sight". Your son manifestation is your own wishful thinking to justify polytheism, which you know is heresay against God's first commandment.

And...You did not answer my question.

Being the first and everlasting, how can god become a son? A son, either created or begotten or wishfully thought, never exist on it's own. otherwise it would not called a son.
edit on 10-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Lol you are just twisting the word "plain sight" and manifestion. Apparent existence does not exist in "plain sight".

It is too obvious for the mind.
But look now at what is appearing...........can an appearance be without the seeing?

Your son manifestation is your own wishful thinking to justify polytheism, which you know is heresay against God's first commandment.

What is Gods first commandment which is against what I have presented, in your opinion?

Being the first and everlasting, how can god become a son? A son, either created or begotten or wishfully thought, never exist on it's own. otherwise it would not called a son.

The one is divided into two......really there is just 'seeing' or 'appearance'...............the father is the 'seer' and the so is 'the seen'.......................look now to see if you can see what is seeing what is appearing........the seer will never be seen...invisible....hidden.
The first is everlasting............the seer is always the same but the never separate 'seen' is constantly changing.

edit on 10-10-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

There is no God................
The word 'God' implies some thing.......simply because 'God' is a word........words seem to separate the whole into bits.
God isn't a thing or a bit............God actually means thinglessness.......meaning no thing separate.
The whole works!!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It is too obvious for the mind.
But look now at what is appearing...........can an appearance be without the seeing?

Nope.

What is Gods first commandment which is against what I have presented, in your opinion?

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

The one is divided into two......

Division does not produce a son. It produces the other half.

really there is just 'seeing' or 'appearance'...............the father is the 'seer' and the son is 'the seen'.......................

So the seer is seeing the seen? Is that what you mean? The seer is the one who is seeing. The seen on the other hand is not the one who is seeing. Therefore the seer and the seen are two different things.

look now to see if you can see what is seeing what is appearing........the seer will never be seen...invisible....hidden.
The first is everlasting............the seer is always the same but the never separate 'seen' is constantly changing.

The father is the first. The son isn't. Which come first, chicken or egg?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

There is no God................
The word 'God' implies some thing.......simply because 'God' is a word........words seem to separate the whole into bits.
God isn't a thing or a bit............God actually means thinglessness.......meaning no thing separate.
The whole works!!

God is love, energy, spirit, hope, justice, etc..
God is something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join