It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no God but Love: If you don't know Love, then you don't know God (1 John 4:7-8)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Woodcarver

I know you like to be mean in your posts to me but

Thats really big of you, you love people, thats great, whats your point
No one is saying atheists dont care and love people, that only christians care and love people
The point of the thread was saying that if a person is really a christian then love should be at the top of their agenda
You then chime in with how you love people, thats great and all, but why

There has been plenty of atheists who havnt loved people and as you are well aware, plenty of christians who dont live by Chrsts directions.
Hence the thread and its message
"Christians- if you want to live an existential christian life, make love your priority"

But for some reason Woodie you seem to think you need to I jack this thread and make it about you
Sorry if I dont understand why???

As for the rest, really, you want me to preach at you, really?
No, i just like to point out that you have a lot of self reflection to do before you go about preaching love and tolerance as if you have mastered these things. Your replies to me are direct evidence that you do not follow your own words.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
There is no God................
The word 'God' implies some thing.......simply because 'God' is a word........words seem to separate the whole into bits.
God isn't a thing or a bit............God actually means thinglessness.......meaning no thing separate.
The whole works!!

God is love, energy, spirit, hope, justice, etc..
God is something.

God is this that is.....the whole works.

Words come and go but what does not come and go?

Drop preconceived ideas about everything.

edit on 10-10-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So you agree God is not nothing?

Words come and go

Exactly why John 1:1 is wrong. God is not Word.

but what does not come and go?

Eternity or nothing.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

So the seer is seeing the seen? Is that what you mean? The seer is the one who is seeing. The seen on the other hand is not the one who is seeing. Therefore the seer and the seen are two different things.

The seen is the expression of the seer - they are one.
The seeing is being the seen.

No one is doing anything because there isn't anyone 'doing' seeing. Seeing already is.....no one does seeing.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

So you agree God is not nothing?

Well God is not some thing............God is not a thing.........God is no thing but is all there is.

What actually is there?
Look now!

Thought and words will tell you there are lots of things....like the past, future, death, life...but if you don't go to thought and just look directly at what there is.....and then look to see what is seeing what is appearing.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

By who?

No one is doing anything because there isn't anyone 'doing' seeing. Seeing already is.....no one does seeing.

If no one does the seeing then there is no seer and nothing to be seen. So what's the point of the seer and the seen?

Your whole non-duality philosophy is based on nothingness. Your reality is just imagination and you are dreaming. Wake up.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well God is not some thing............God is not a thing.........God is no thing but is all there is.

What actually is there?
Look now!

Thought and words will tell you there are lots of things....like the past, future, death, life...but if you don't go to thought and just look directly at what there is.....and then look to see what is seeing what is appearing.

The what is not nothing. You are not nothing. Stop dreaming.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

By who?

The seeing is BEING the seen.....it doesn't need a who.

If no one does the seeing then there is no seer and nothing to be seen. So what's the point of the seer and the seen?

Exactly there is just this that is.

Your whole non-duality philosophy is based on nothingness. Your reality is just imagination and you are dreaming. Wake up.

No one is dreaming.....there is simply dreaming.
No one will ever wake up......because there isn't anyone.

The holy ghost.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

What actually is there?
Look now!

The what is not nothing. You are not nothing. Stop dreaming.

It (the what) is this that is............one without a second.
Isness....suchness. It (the what) is BEING what it is.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You are not nothing.

What do you assume you are?

Be still and know.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The seeing is BEING the seen.....it doesn't need a who.

Then there is nothing to be seen. So why are you arguing the seer and the seen?

Exactly there is just this that is.

There you go again.

"Just this that is" is not nothing.

No one will ever wake up......because there isn't anyone.

That is precisely why no one else bother to reply to you. There isn't anyone. Lol

The holy ghost.

I thought you said there isn't anyone and any who?

Well.. I think I have enough replying to your world of contradictions and nothingness.

Sleep well in your non-duality world.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I thought you said there isn't anyone and any who?

The holy ghost is not anyone or any who...................it's the whole complete apparition.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

The seeing is BEING the seen.
The observer is the observed.

Look it up: www.quora.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Woodcarver
What if i have love, but i don’t believe in god? Kinda makes god pointless right?

Depends on how you define God…

You see, you are only rejecting and/or re-acting towards “THEIR” definition of God…

I believe Jesus was teaching a universal truth that the Father (Spirit) is within all of us. Those that are unaware of it i.e. Atheists etc…, still have the Spirit within them regardless; the only difference is that they are not aware of it. That’s because they haven’t yet experienced becoming what the Bible calls “born again”…

Christians on the other hand are aware of Spiritual things, but believe because of their religion that others are somehow cut off from God, just because they don’t believe or follow a specific doctrine or whatever. This view leads to a lack of love and in fact leads to a form of self righteousness IMO

There’s a reason why Jesus said Love the Lord thy god with all heart soul and mind, and love your neighbour as yourself; There’s a reason why those two aspects just happen to be put together and its because Gods Spirit is within everyone.

What the OP is trying to point out, is that Love is ultimately the most important thing and is beyond any Religious idea or Doctrine.

- JC

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You = dreaming.

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.

theopendoorway.org...

Is it philosophy?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sorry I am not perfect Woodie, you get that from being a broken, human sinner
I guess you would prefer I rolled over and accepted your ...

Anyway, you seem like an attention seeker preaching your atheist gospel
I am happy to be a foil

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Father son and Spirit are three but one

This is silly and illogical. Being the First, how can one is being both father and son? If He is the son, then who is the father?

How can love exist if it's not in communion with others, how can God be love and not have the capacity to share love

How can son exist without father? How can god became a son? A son of what?

It is silly and illogical
Jesus always was, probably Melchizedek in the OT

I don't have an answer, it's faith

Tricky

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You = dreaming.

I used to dream heaven, hell, angels, demons, universe, Jesus' crucifixion, Peter's denial, Judas Iscariot's betrayal, Murdered at Rome's Church few hundred years later which lead to Nicene Council. I also dreamt I spat at Constantine's feet, and they threw me at the arena to be eaten alive by lions. The heathen crowds shouted in joy as I face my death. And Satan mocked my death for being a fool to have faith in God.

I dreamt of reincarnation that brought my hatred to God because I have had enough suffering defending His Holy Name. I thought I would rest in peace forever. But He bought me back again and again, doing the same things for HIS glory.

Yeah, I dreamt all this damn curse things and I'm too weary to dream anymore.

What do you dream? Nothingness?

In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
theopendoorway.org...

Now, more than millions people are experiencing night at other side of planet, other than me. Therefore, the totality of Reality of above article is false.

Is it philosophy?

Yes it is. It's try to rational illusion which it describe as the entire bubble of reality is your experience alone.

And fail.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Now, more than millions people are experiencing night at other side of planet, other than me. Therefore, the totality of Reality of above article is false.

How do you know that?
You can never experience anything outside your bubble and obviously the idea that there are millions of people on the other side of the planet is being experienced in your bubble.
Nothing can appear outside of you.

Look at a night time dream................it may appear to be full of separate things...........but it is one thing - a dream.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It is silly and illogical
Jesus always was, probably Melchizedek in the OT

I don't have an answer, it's faith

Tricky

Yeah. I know. You mentioned that before.

I wish I could understand trinity, but I can't. No matter what holy bible verses come into my head, I am unable to insert Jesus as the One God, our father in heaven. The holy spirit isn't there for me to embrace Jesus other than my prophet and messiah of whom I am compel to oblige.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join