It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

No vids? Shame on you! I want to see!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I think I only have one recording of Jolene... it was when I was "working it out" and it sounds a bit.... rushed?
I'm playing all the instruments (and singing) to see if it would work as a Folk song....
it sounded rough as!! But I reckoned there was a good song in there, so I still play it, but stripped back and less hurried... I can dig out that early recording if you want, but I play it better now.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yes please.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

ugghhhh.... I don't actually like this very much.... I've changed it quite a bit since then, but heyho...

oops, I must have lied!!!
I've found a live version... from hogmanay (New Years) a couple of years ago...

edit on 26-10-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a video

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Note from Staff:

FYI: This is aimed at everyone that partakes here.

It'd be a shame to have to shut this down for even a very short time to get this message through to y'all... But...

Here it is. Issues involving two or more of you need to be handled through PM's, or, if that doesn't work, staff.

Not on the public boards.

Knock it off.

Again: This isn't aimed at anybody in particular, just everybody period.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
OK, enough of this old farts music...

I'm going to share a very personal memory of mine...
On an Ice Rink in Irvine, Scotland when I was about 13 or 14...
(Only my 2nd or 3rd time on skates!)
...and THIS comes on...
BLASTING over the speakers...
the Beat! The Rhythm! Suddenly I'm skating in time to something more.... something amazing!
(I was still crap at skating, but felt ten feet tall skating to THIS!!!!!!)
And I still Love it to this day.

TURN IT UP LOUD!!!!!

Donna Summer

edit on 26-10-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: fix spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I like the colours in this one. Gotta love the classics. Skip to 2 min 30 if you're in a hurry and like a lady in an electric dress that can sing.

ETA How did that Blondie song end up you were trying? Any good?
edit on 26/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I cannot convey in words how much I frickin' LOVED that!

Thank You for sharing! I LOVED EVERY SECOND very much.

Now.... MORE!!! (please?)
G

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi everyone, just dropping in and will try to write a bit about what has been going on very recently. I mean today.

It's been a pretty long day, so I'm not at my best mentally. Woke up at 5.30 am today (I mean Friday) and that was it for me. Couldn't get back to sleep. Rarely can once I wake up, even if it's pretty darned early. It's now heading towards 1 am Saturday.

Okay, went to the doc's Friday morning for my daily IV, and had a pretty long talk with the doc. It turns out that although I go to the hospital on Nov 14th, it doesn't mean I'll have the spinal surgery right away. The neurosurgical team will want to do some more tests first and an even more detailed overall assessment.

That's okay by me. It just means they are being as thorough as they can be, and also very careful. With neurosurgery, that makes good sense.

The problem is that there is no way to know ahead of time exactly how they'll proceed. I might spend days in the hospital before the surgery, and how long I have to stay there afterwards depends on how the op goes. It could be days, but it might be weeks. And that seriously affects plaans for my wife's care.

Okay I just need a little break. Must get up and walk around for a couple of minutes or so. I'll continue in my next post.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Mike,
Nice to see you.
I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this, but am hopeful that they'll get it all sorted in due course.

Why don't you post us a song?
Something that conveys how things are going... or how you'd like them to be?

I'm in the mood for music. It's Friday!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
I'm in the mood for music. It's Friday!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hi everybody!

I'm not feeling too chatty tonight but want to be here with you guys. So I'm going to quickly get caught up on what I've missed (2-3 pages).

Sending my love to all...be back shortly.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

My dear sweet friend, I am so sorry you are going through all this right now. You know you have all the love of your friends and we are by your side. Hugs to you and Dada!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

LOVE Chris's vocals (Hate the moustache! LOL)
Not keen on the lead guitar sounds, but not a bad song!

thank you!
G

link   
I'm catching up with all the great songs right now. Hello everyone!

link   
a reply to: Autorico

ooooh, NOW you're talking!!!!
My Favourite Bond Theme EVER!
FAN FECKIN TASTIC!

Thank you Otto!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

[[[[[[[Jacy]]]]]]]
That is all.
Gxx

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thank you, Raine. It helps. Just beiong able to share with some folks helps a lot. You all here and folks on the ATS staff as well.

Here's the rest of the situation.
(Continued from my last post.)

As most of you know, my wife has a condition in the Alzheimer's spectrum. Her brain is atrophying, much faster than most people's do. She has dementia and some of the issues connected with that.

It is simply not possible to leave her on her own for more than a few minutes. She needs someone around. So when I have been going to the doc's every morning for the past few weeks, or off for my hospital visits, our neighbour Marta has come over to keep an eye on her.

Marta had agreed to help care for her while I'm in hospital, with her sister sharing the load with her during the day and our old friend Alan being here during the night.

However, last Sunday Alan became very unwell very quickly. I called an ambulance for him and they got him to hospital pdq. Turns out he has an abdominal haematoma, so he'll be out of action for a while. Thankfully, he should recover ok.

That left everything up to Marta and her sister, and as we don't have any idea how long I'll be laid up, it was just asking too much to expect them to care for my wife effectively 24/7 and possibly for weeks.

This left only one option. My wife will need to go into a care facility while I'm out of action. I hate the idea, as she will be unhappy to be away from home, but at least it's not far away and so people from around here who know her will be able to visit her.

The main thing is, she'll be safe there. It's not a huge place and they treat their patients like people. My doc recommended it. His own mother was there for a few months during her final illness, so he wouldn't suggest sending my wife there unless he felt they were very good at what they do.

My doc called the director of the place and made the arrangements, so my wife is booked in for Nov 12th, just a couple of days before I go into hospital. This will give me time to make sure she has everything there she needs – and also get my own head together as I deal with being apart from her for the first time in ages.

Okay, I would have to deal with that anyway, but I just feel bad that she can't stay home. But sometimes we have to make hard choices.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'll try to find a song shortly. Need another break.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join