It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
And tomorrow would be my Dad's 90th birthday: Oct 24, 1928.

I miss you, Dad. And I love you so, so, much. I'm sorry I couldn't be there at the end. I just didn't know until it was too late.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fernweh
Why the attention? Because you're new, and Shed members are very welcoming to new members.
That's all.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you so much. My Mum is still among us, and she has her 90th on 11/11.

Just so hoping she gets there. I know she likes the idea of being 90-something. But she also misses Dad.

Only a few weeks to go, Mum. Just hang in there and get a great cake and visits from lots of grandkids and great-grandkids!

Heck, that's three posts in a row from me, which means I'm hogging the thread. So I'd better go quiet for a while. I don't like to see a wall of posts with my name by them.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

"three posts in a row from me" I'm not complaining

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

LOL. We all have our moments.

So, it's around midday yesterday and as I do so many times each day I visit my second most favourite room in the (shared) building. Drinking beer makes you pee a lot. So, I near the toilet and see someone else walking to the toilet area as well. (There is a mens and a ladies block). As the person nears I try to make out who it is. (My eyes are bad even with glasses at a distance, no really!)

As we near each other, I realise it is a woman I do not know. (How did you get in here???) We get closer and I see she has no clothes on! She is wearing just a bra and knickers. Well, I didn't know where to look! So I stared at the floor while ambulating hastily to the gents toilet thinking to myself "Well, that's not something you see every day." It was weird to say the least. Apparently she is a friend of a young guy that lives here but still, is he too cheap to invest in some kind of gown? I haven't seen a woman in her underwear in years and it was the last thing I was expecting. LOL It was a nice light blue colour, that's all I remember...

I'm nearing 50, I didn't stop to introduce myself and ask her her age. That would have been creepy. I would guess 20+ though, she said hi later in the day when she did have clothes on. I'd been drinking by that time so could only giggle hi back, which sounded weird to my own ears but it is what it is.
edit on 23/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Grammar!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I'm going on 37 and I feel the same way about looking at younger women, makes me feel like a dirty old man lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Some things in life are just kind of random. Just accept that little event as one of those and file it away for your old age, when recalling any ladies in their underwear might be difficult.

Most likely, she had been drinking as well, but a little earlier. So, these things happen. You did the right thing by paying as little attention as possible. It was not really a weird event; we're all human and our basic needs are the same. She was heading for her room as you headed for yours. Think of it from her perspective: "OMG: What's this guy doing here?"

In other words it's all ok and natural.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

My gramps, who was the best man I've ever known, passed last Xmas and his Birthday was on the 15th. He was the only father figure I ever had, so I kinda feel ya.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

It was just a WTF moment. Funny afterwards, but uncomfortable for both of us (I think) at the time. I have a spare dressing gown somewhere, a long fluffy cotton one, maybe I should look for it and give it to him.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Once you're in your 60s like me, it changes. Most younger ladies could easily outrun me (or ok, beat me up if rhey had to!
) So, though such events are rare, we mutually just laugh about it. I had something like that happen a couple of years ago and neither of us was in the least concerned.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Hello Fernweh, welcome to The Shed

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hello and welcome to our magical realm!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hello Mike, Light and Autorico!

Though I lost my Dad 11 years ago, it has only been 3 since I lost my Mom. So today making that 3 year mark, I just want to say, I love you Mom with all my heart!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

To be honest I felt sorry for her too. "Those toilets haven't been cleaned in months!!! Euw....!"

I live here in this shared building (7 residents, shared shower and toilet facilities, 4 toilets, 2 for each gender) for 18 months now and in all that time the only person that has cleaned said shared toilets is me. Truly. I gave up on the ladies facilities a year ago because. Except for me, average age of residents is 20+. All residents are male.

Sigh...

ETA Hi fernweh.

edit on 23/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Saying hello to my online (and only) friends here at the Shed.

Today I'm falling apart as I long for the human interaction that I cannot get online. That of just being around others. I hate this.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
My Grandpa was an amazing guy as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Sending you a hug. [[[[[LFABL]]]]]

edit on 23/10/18 by JustMike because: I think it was typos.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

At the risk of sounding facetious, I'm sorry you sound so blue, Blue. I don't know what to tell you, but I feel you. Before I put too many more cliches in one sentence, I've become used to being alone but it started around the age of 5. Moving around a lot, making friends and leaving them due to family circumstances through the years. A brother that didn't like me. Not trying to negate your feelings in any way. Just to be clear.

My Dad had Moody Blues records. Thanks Dad!
edit on 23/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Saying hello to my online (and only) friends here at the Shed.

Today I'm falling apart as I long for the human interaction that I cannot get online. That of just being around others. I hate this.

And I hate that you are going through this Blue. If you are falling apart, even though we can't put all the pieces back together, we can be here in the only capacity that we can be. We are here with you with a warm hug. We are here with you in our thoughts and hearts.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Beautiful song! My Dad loved music too.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join