It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a new coffee maker - recommendations?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

Not sure what you are talking about, we are talking about coffee makers not which bathroom to go in at Target.

He said get your wife (or girlfriend) to make it, and I said I'm the wife.
If that makes you *explode* then you need something stronger than coffee in your life.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have an old-fashioned,stove top coffeepot.I bought it from Amazon,
it is stainless steel and works great.I paid around $35.00 for it.I will look
into my Amazon account and get back to you.

Here is that coffeepot...www.amazon.com...=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
edit on 4-10-2018 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Plotus

I prefer my coffee with cream, not indentured servitude.

Little do you know!

We use the Mr. Coffee. Easy to replace but they don't require it often. A Bunn is a nice investment if you like it a little faster. A french press is nice to have when you simply want to savor a good roast.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I got my wife the Ninja for Christmas two years ago and for $100 it makes cheap coffee taste good and good coffee taste great... don’t know how it makes great coffee taste because we’re poor... 😜👍

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

I looked at the ninja at the store when I started my search. How is that side reservoir? Does it empty completely?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I have to agree with Tompdx3, I like my Hamilton Beach #46205. After checking out all the reviews on coffee makers, the Hamilton Beach had consistently good ratings.

I had a Mr. Coffee, and a DeLonghi. The DeLonghi lasted 3 months and started leaking, piece of junk. The Mr. Coffee didn't have a lot of bells and whistles but it lasted for years. However, I drink much more coffee now than I did when I was younger.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm impatient so I like my Bunn in the mornings. A pot of hot coffee in 3 minutes. I'm on my second one, but they last for years.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: SwissMarked

I looked at the ninja at the store when I started my search. How is that side reservoir? Does it empty completely?
It all depend on how much water you put in it... and how much coffee you want to make... it has settings to make a cup/travel mug/half pot/full pot... can make concentrated etc... I only ever make regular coffee and a full pot at a shot but for the price and ability to do much more with it I’d say it’s worth the price...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A good old stove top percolator type
Does not get any better than that.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Percolated for whatever reason does make the absolute best coffee... I have one that I rarely use because you have to make like two gallons at a shot and I don’t sleep so as it is... 😜👍

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Parishna

Not sure what you are talking about, we are talking about coffee makers not which bathroom to go in at Target.

He said get your wife (or girlfriend) to make it, and I said I'm the wife.
If that makes you *explode* then you need something stronger than coffee in your life.

So he didn't assume you were the man in the relationship then?

fml this place is going down.

SARCASM PEOPLE. whatever.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked

Percolated for whatever reason does make the absolute best coffee... I have one that I rarely use because you have to make like two gallons at a shot and I don’t sleep so as it is... 😜👍

I have both a 6 and 12 cup
Neither are 2 gallons
And , they do . And , unlike coffee makers , the coffee is always the temp you want.
But , if you let me know where you got yours I guarantee I am getting one

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

There's lots of interesting coffee makers like the french press that I never actually tried. I have a fancy programmable machine my sister gave me. Works great but I never use it. There's only 2 of us here. I use a Melitta funnel. It cost about $5.50 so I think it was too expensive. If you don't need to keep a large pot warm, it's all that's required really. Fast, simple, and easy to clean.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Neither are 2 gallons
And , they do . And , unlike coffee makers , the coffee is always the temp you want.

It’s a Hamilton Beach BrewStation... they have them on Amazon for $50...

Hamilton Beach 40540 Brew Station 40-Cup Coffee Urn, Silver www.amazon.com...=cm_sw_r_cp_api_p-RTBbJJ04WV6

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jamesmm791

The Bunn.
It's faster than placing an order at a coffee shop.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

recommendations?

Do it

edit on 4-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I literally drink about twenty cups of coffee per day, I have been rough on coffee makers . I stay away from fancy machines or fancy coffee myself. It's all just beans and water after all.

The Bunn IS fast. Keeps coffee hot, but I've had two break on me, both after about three years. Mine were less reliable than a lot of less expensive brands.

Currently I have a mid range Black and Decker, it's almost as fast as the Bunn, and keeps a constant hot temp on the coffee. Two years trouble free. The design sort of sucks though, and the carafe is horrible.I pour more coffee on the counter than in the cup every single time, lol

If I were buying a new coffee maker tomorrow, I would probably buy a Hamilton Beach or another B&D with an alternative carafe. Or, based on sheer reliability, a mid range Mr. Coffee is really hard to beat.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Neither are 2 gallons

Hamilton Beach 40540 Brew Station 40-Cup Coffee Urn, Silver www.amazon.com...=cm_sw_r_cp_api_p-RTBbJJ04WV6

Thanks
That one look like it would do me right for about 5 hours before having to make more

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Neither are 2 gallons

Thanks
That one look like it would do me right for about 5 hours before having to make more
No problem... it does make really good coffee... just makes a lot of it... a lot of really really good coffee... that is just a tap away... 😉👍

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We bought one of those Mr. Coffee coffee pots from shopko for nineteen ninety nine and got a ten dollar rebate. It started leaking from somewhere inside within three months somehow so went to their warrantee website and they sent us another new pot. It is a better pot than original. Not bad, had this one a few months and it works well. Usually they last about two years for the ten bucks we got invested after rebate so that is not bad. Usually it is the glass pot we break, We used to get the expensive ones but they are confusing to start before coffee in the morning. I like the auto shutoff though but you can get new ones without that feature for five bucks from the Dollar General and they work all right too, it is probably better to have to shut them off, too much technology actually can increase alzheimer risk cause you do not need to think to live anymore..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join