It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first Presidential Alert.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Don't have TV or a smart phone and only occasionally listen to real radio but my flip phone never went off. I only get a text messages from AT&T congratulating me that I'm eligible for a free upgrade about every six months. I guess I'll know something is wrong when the internet and electric dies but that happens during storms. So, I guess lap top death at same time might be an indicator something is wrong. We're far enough from obvious first strike targets for a bright flash.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Lawful voting US citizens are the ones that through elections choose their representatives who directly operate our government in accordance with our constitution, laws and regulations. The President is the leader of the executive branch and the Commander in Chief of all armed forces.

The President is in fact in charge of emergency reaction to real and present dangers to our country which in that capacity explains the system that was tested.

And, a great way to let you know when marshal law is imposed. 😁😁😁😁😂😂

edit on 3-10-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 3-10-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TonyS

errr but theres no checkout at the back

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I was on the phone at the time and didn’t get the tone. So I only discovered the message 45 minutes later. Waiting for the order to go forth and MAGA. The right people know what to do.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Didn't get anything on my phone (tracfone), but did get the message through SAT tv (Dish).

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Didn’t get it. Have all emergency alerts shut off.

Neither did I. I figured they wouldn't be able to get around shutting off push alerts, despite all the hubbub about claiming no one would be able to shut them off. I'm VERY pleased to see my phone is still just a phone and not an alert beeper.

I don’t need to know when there is a flood watch or MeeMaw wanders off from the home and can’t find the Denny’s.

Right. I only want to hear tornado sirens in my neighborhood, not weather alerts for 3 counties away. And I'm not interested in looking for somebody's baby and baby mama that stormed off n a huff with the crotch droplet. Or teenage runaways who ran away of their own volition. Or as you said, MeeMaw who wandered off. It's a phone, you don't get the right to choose what I use it for or receive on it. I do. My money spent, my configuration & use.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

My question is why isn't the regular emergency alerts sufficient enough? That's the question..

The Presidential alert is for a National emergency
If one ever comes in that is not a test , be afraid. Be very afraid.
The regular is for local and State emergencies

edit on 10/3/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
www.nytimes.com...

Well I just got my first Presidential Alert. I know this could be a good thing, that we all could at the drop of a hat be informed of emergencies. But I have to wonder. All of us immediately approached by the central authority. Trump or no Trump, matters not to me.

Could Trump or any other Potus after him use this to activate followers to immediate action. Action to help or action to revolt against opponents? I know also that one mans emergency may be anothers excuse fo rally the loyal troops.

So, good in a way for sure. But what could be the down side of this?

There isn't one.You (not You personally)..dont want us to come rescue you or save your life, by not alerting nor training for real events? Or letting you know what's coming?

Fine...send us your addresses everyone, and after a real alert, we'll just pass you by on your porches...

Now that's pretty sad, rt? These are for our nation to know, everywhere, at once...what's up.

So, why alerts? Why should us responders care if it isnt important to all? All our training...for what?

Today's test just messed up everyone's gaming, texting, social media, youtubing for 60 seconds..

1st Responder (thinking of finally quitting because people just don't seem to care anymore).
edit on 3-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
www.nytimes.com...

Well I just got my first Presidential Alert. I know this could be a good thing, that we all could at the drop of a hat be informed of emergencies. But I have to wonder. All of us immediately approached by the central authority. Trump or no Trump, matters not to me.

Could Trump or any other Potus after him use this to activate followers to immediate action. Action to help or action to revolt against opponents? I know also that one mans emergency may be anothers excuse fo rally the loyal troops.

So, good in a way for sure. But what could be the down side of this?

PS..here in Dearborn, Mi today you should have seen all the non-english speaking middle easterners hit the brakes nearly crashing 'cause they thought it was real!

We had like 9 calls around 2:20-2:30...funny..but, not really

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

but no not even Trump will misuse the alert system, after all there are adults in the WH right ?

Adults, we can only hope. Myself, i find the notion of him misusing it to not be worthy of a lot of concern on our parts as likely it will not happen. However, he is Trump we know and what he might do should always remain a concern no matter how far fetched it might seem

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You know, I understand that lots of people don't like the guy, but nothing comes from speculating about something highly unlikely and likely not even possiable. It's just like people speculating about President Obama and his birthplace or if he is gay.

Both ridiculous just as speculating whether President Trump misusing the EAS. Does he not provide enough ammo without making up stuff ?

He has managed to accomplish good things for the country. One could argue that it's been good things for the Americas. The new USMCA is going to extremely good for all 3 countries and all 3 have said so.

So let's give him some credit when it's due, there is plenty to criticize him for without resorting to making crap up

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BTPowers
It needed to be tested before he declares marital law. Do you keep up on conspiracy theories? :-)

Marital law? I'm not familiar with that conspiracy theory

edit on 3-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

You are right of course. Speculating on possibilities based only on political biases is a questionable practice. In the OP I attempted to consider the the question in terms of ANY potus having this power and authority..

And again you caught my personal drift in the post you responded to, and I admit it as such. While there are things that are happening under his ''watch' that may seem to be beneficial to the country in the short term, whether or not it will play out in the maga sense is still highly speculative.

While many here keep an eye on all the liberal shennanagans, some of us still need to keep that very same critical eye on those who are in power now.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'll just put this out there. Speculation on possibilities:

Ten years ago if you would have told people that the President of the United States would only use twitter as a form of communication they would have laughed you off of the street. Sometimes those ridiculous speculations become reality!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Precisely. And in my own lackluster way, that is exactly the context that held me in the OP. The rapidly accelerating technology and our almost total lack of preparedness to adequately guide ourselves through the increasingly divergent possibilities we don't even see ahead of us. It's like trying to understand trigonometry by only understanding addition and subtraction.

And it's not that every little thing that comes at us will turn civilization in a different direction. However one thing is sure as far as I am concerned. One of them likely will.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

But what could be the down side of this?

If the next Presidential alert is:

Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car.

(some will get it)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And I'm not interested in looking for somebody's baby and baby mama that stormed off n a huff with the crotch droplet.

"crotch droplet"

This is simultaneously the most insensitive and deplorable phrase I've ever heard for a baby.... (but it's also the FUNNIEST!)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

And I'm not interested in looking for somebody's baby and baby mama that stormed off n a huff with the crotch droplet.

"crotch droplet"

This is simultaneously the most insensitive and deplorable phrase I've ever heard for a baby.... (but it's also the FUNNIEST!)

Lol, glad to make you chuckle, Gaz. An alternative is "crotch fruit", too, but it seems more ambiguous to me

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: StallionDuck

Have you actually read what the OP is talking about???
This is exactly what we are talking about, hence my earlier post:

My question is why isn't the regular emergency alerts sufficient enough? That's the question..

If you had reading comprehension skills you would see that these alerts are indeed different. If these were just local we wouldn't be having a post about them and the conspiracy angle.

Oh the old reading skills attack. Phahaha Funny. Really.

Here's the old "If you have a brain you would realize" attack.

No, there is no difference. Based on the going ons around the world... Iran, N Korea, Terrorist calling for an American jihad, some tart shooting at thousands of people from a hotel window... I don't see why it WOULDN'T be used. Just because it's happening now doesn't mean squat. What will it accomplish?

Oh Damn.. Trump sent me a warning alert.. I better vote for him or they'll be hell to pay!

Remember ABC, NBC, CBS? You know... Those ancient old TV stations that used to do the whole EBS that would take place during the day across the nation, on all stations, AT THE SAME TIME...

How is this different?
edit on 13-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join