It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Industry Needs A Bazillion Quad Copter Pilots And There Are Only Three

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I may have exaggerated the numbers slightly but not much.

Rule one is don't fly where it's not allowed. This is the UK no fly map. www.noflydrones.co.uk...

Rule two is do what the government say, they know best. www.gov.uk...

Rule three is practice, practice, practice. No excuses. Get started asap. www.quadcopters.co.uk...

What is extraordinary is the most anti-establishment types are quickly drawn into the fold when they are exposed to CAA approved training.

Big money is available now for competent pilots. Many less competent pilots are getting their commercial permission while flying stabilised drones that require little skill. To be a leader you will have to build your drones and fly without stabilisation. You don't have to be so competent to earn the big money but it will give you the edge. Flying in confined spaces for example is an expert job.

The money is there. Practice for hours every day, get your permission and you'll soon be choosing from any number of highly paid jobs.

Anyone who wants to fly a drone for commercial work (often also referred to as aerial work) needs a Permission from the CAA (take careful note that this is not a licence). To get this Permission, you will need to: Remote Pilot Competence Demonstrate a sufficient understanding of aviation theory (airmanship, airspace, aviation law and good flying practice). Pass a practical flight assessment (flight test). Develop basic procedures for conducting the type of flights you want to do and set these out in an Operations Manual. If your intended operation requires an approval with greater privileges than in a Standard Permission, you will also need to provide us with an Operating Safety Case to demonstrate that the intended operation is appropriately safe.

www.caa.co.uk... s/ This link isn't going to the page, you'll have to search the site. Initiative test.
edit on 2 10 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So obviously this is aimed towards UK citizens. Have you by chance looked into job opportunities in the US ever? I'm sure I could do a simple google search.

Do you fly? and if you do how many hours of flying do you think it would require to get into the lower tier of the jobs you mentioned and then up to the top, like confined space?

I can retire in 2 years and that could be a pretty cool hobby to start now and work into a paying gig.

As a side note, a co worker of mine used to be a mgr. at a fast food joint, calls in an order and flies his drone through the drive through to pick it up lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Six determined months, if you have the aptitude, will put you with the best. Miss one days practice and your skill level will drop. The big money is available for the dedicated flier.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
These guys are already ahead of the curve:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I know a guy who earns some decent scratch piloting underwater drones to inspect ship hulls.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Flagged for future reference

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I know ND just got some big drone program in effect. Did a search and found this

twincitiesdroneschool.com...

Basically $399 at Twin Cities Drone School in MN but doesn't include exam fee.

Become an FAA Certified Commercial Drone Pilot

Next Class: October 6, 2018 in Eagan, MN
Private group classes and online streaming also available.

FAA Part 107 Drone Test Prep

FAA rules allow anyone who passes an FAA knowledge test to fly drones commercially. This FAA certification is required for all drone operations, except those that are purely for recreation.

If you do any of the following, you will need to hold an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate:
•Aerial photography
•Land surveys and mapping
•Public safety, security, and law enforcement
•Agricultural surveillance
•Industrial equipment inspections
•Construction site surveys
•Mining operations

Eagan, MN (October)

October 6, 2018
Hilton Garden Inn
1975 Rahncliff Court, Eagan, MN 55122
Registration ends October 5th.

Live Interactive Online Class (October)

October 22-23, 2018
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Central Daylight Time
Free shipping on the Remote Pilot Resource Pack
Registration ends October 16th.

Register Now on EventBrite

Check out link for more info. Sounds like one only needs an FAA license to fly a drone and then lots of experience actually doing it, might get you some big dough.
edit on 3-10-2018 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

join