It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Allegations vs. Cristiano Ronaldo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

well at least he had a good run making millions and enjoying it while it lasted

his career as a footballer is coming to an end and so will his freedom if this is true !

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Or it will be swept under the carpet and somewhat discredited whilst the victim settles out of court for a tidy undisclosed sum of monies.

After all stranger things have happened especially where sex crimes and professional athletes of Ronaldo's caliber are concerned.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: sapien82

Or it will be swept under the carpet and somewhat discredited whilst the victim settles out of court for a tidy undisclosed sum of monies.

After all stranger things have happened especially where sex crimes and professional athletes of Ronaldo's caliber are concerned.

And you also have cases where women have targeted high profile people and claimed rape. When it ends up that they lied, do these women get the same prison sentence the man would have got if guilty?

Ronaldo could be guilty. I just find it a bit sick that some idiots are claiming he is guilty already. Most prob because they do not like him, and most prob jealous, so they want him to be guilty!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

ok , all this coming out is giving me the strength to come out with my #metoo movement story as well.

I too was raped when I was underage and continue to get raped on a dialy basis by my creepy uncle Sam. It all started when I got my first paycheck and has drastically gotten worse.

edit on 501031America/ChicagoFri, 05 Oct 2018 11:50:40 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Well innocent until proven guilty is still the rule of the day.

Let's hope it remains so for all our sakes and not just Ronaldo.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I do not watch soccer and have zero interest in this dude, good or bad but did he not say himself that she said no and he continued??? Did he not pay her to keep quite??? That sort of swayed my opinion TBH.. Maybe you like soccer and are a fan boy and that is why you are defending him but TBH i do not know you so i will not GUESS anymore and i suggest you do the same sir cos you got me very wrong. Have a good weekend sir.
BTW i prefer a mans sport like motor sport where they do not fall over when another person looks at them or needs a stretcher cos he tripped..!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Tsk, tsk.

What's an obsessed woman (or man) scorned to do?

Same old, same old. Allegations way, way after the alleged fact.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback

I do not watch soccer and have zero interest in this dude, good or bad but did he not say himself that she said no and he continued??? Did he not pay her to keep quite??? That sort of swayed my opinion TBH.. Maybe you like soccer and are a fan boy and that is why you are defending him but TBH i do not know you so i will not GUESS anymore and i suggest you do the same sir cos you got me very wrong. Have a good weekend sir.
BTW i prefer a mans sport like motor sport where they do not fall over when another person looks at them or needs a stretcher cos he tripped..!

You sound like a complete idiot! Why the hell bring up "I like mans sports"? Does that make you feel more of a man saying that on a forum!?

I am not saying he is innocent! Please post where I said that! I said it is a serious matter, and no one should be saying he is innocent or guilty yet!

To even think I am sticking up for him because I might be a Rodaldo fanboy is redicules, and you should (But you will not) feel very stupid saying that!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Big football fan, and as much as I dislike the dude (overly arrogant footballer, much prefer Messi) - I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt until more credible information/evidence comes to light and he's actually found guilty. Purely out of respect for the justice system, where we are all innocent until proven guilty, as it should be.
edit on 5/10/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Big football fan, and as much as I dislike the dude (overly arrogant footballer, much prefer Messi) - I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt until more credible information/evidence comes to light and he's actually found guilty. Purely out of respect for the justice system, where we are all innocent until proven guilty, as it should be.

You are right! That is the annoying on this thread. People saying he is guilty, she is telling the truth, he is a monster etc All because they do not like him, are jealous etc

Its disgusting that they want him to be guilty and saying he is, even before this goes any further!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

Oh, like the idiot above said! He likes "man sports" lolololol As if that give him insight to his guilt!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Keep digging, calling people names and laughing, must make you feel good?

Her lawyers are seeking to void an apparent 2010 non-disclosure agreement she reportedly signed as part of an out-of-court $375,000 (£288,000) financial settlement with the player.

And his sponsors are going to be jumping ship very soon as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
Keep digging, calling people names and laughing, must make you feel good?

Her lawyers are seeking to void an apparent 2010 non-disclosure agreement she reportedly signed as part of an out-of-court $375,000 (£288,000) financial settlement with the player.

And his sponsors are going to be jumping ship very soon as well.

Keep digging? Seriously, you are not worth the effort! Move on!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

And you also have cases where women have targeted high profile people and claimed rape.

Hmmn....

You mean liars like Monica Lewinski ??? Who targeted a President to raise

her profile???

When it ends up that they lied, do these women get the same prison sentence the man would have got if guilty?

These women lied???

Is Bill *I did not have sexual relations with that woman* Clinton not a man???

Was it not HE who lied???

DID HE RECEIVE A PRISON SENTENCE?

Ronaldo could be guilty. I just find it a bit sick that some idiots are claiming he is guilty already. Most prob because they do not like him, and most prob jealous, so they want him to be guilty!

Or are they realistic and dont think he is that special that he is incapable of

any crime....... He has had tax evasion cases against him.....

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

....He has had tax evasion cases against him.....

I've been to court on several(?) occasions, so if some random woman falsely accused me of a sex crime would I thus be automatically deemed guilty?

One of the most fundamental principles of our judicial system is Innocent until proven Guilty and that should be applied to everyone, even those whose morals or public persona's we dislike or those who are deemed celebrities.

Ronaldo might be guilty and if he is found guilty in a court of law then my personal feelings are that he should be imprisoned for the rest of his life, minimum amenities, work gang etc.....but only if he is found guilty by a jury of his peers in a court of law.

With all this publicity how likely is it that they will be able to find a jury who already do not have a preconceived opinion on his guilt?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I don't disagree with anything you have said ....

I was simply pointing out to another poster who seems to think *only women lie*

that many people lie.....and to point out

The weak morality of someone who earns in excess of half a million a month

feeling the need to fiddle their taxes.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Sadly I feel I have to start this post with a disclaimer;
I personally think that sex crimes, of any nature, are truly horrific and they have severest of ramifications that affect the victims and their loved ones for long after the actual crime has been committed.
Current legislation puts for too much emphasis on the rehabilitation of the offender and not enough emphasis on punishment of the offender and the well being of the victim.

These women lied???

Some women do lie about rape and sexual assaults;

It is difficult to assess the true prevalence of false rape allegations, but it is generally agreed that, for about 2% to 10% of rape allegations, a thorough investigation establishes that no crime was committed or attempted.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some people dismiss Wikipedia but this article is well referenced from respected academics.

The lives of the men who are falsely accused of these horrific crimes are completely ruined and generally dismissed by society, especially in the current climate where men are increasingly viewed as not much better than Neanderthals unless they are some sort of neutered SJW or Snowflake.

To give some sort of balance I also suspect that there are many, many women who are too scared to come forward and report acts of rape and sexual assault.
The whole process seems incredibly degrading and can make the victim feel as if they in fact are the criminal.

I don't profess to have all the answers, if I'm being truthful I don't think I have any answers.
But I don't think things will improve both for victims and those falsely accused until the people involved in dealing with these crimes start being 100% open and honest.

And sentences for those convicted of sex crimes need to fit the severity of the crime.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Jay-morris

And you also have cases where women have targeted high profile people and claimed rape.

Hmmn....

You mean liars like Monica Lewinski ??? Who targeted a President to raise

her profile???

When it ends up that they lied, do these women get the same prison sentence the man would have got if guilty?

These women lied???

Or are they realistic and dont think he is that special that he is incapable of

any crime....... He has had tax evasion cases against him.....

I cannot believe you used one case to justify what you are saying. How redicules is that! Why don't you look up footballers who were wrongly accused of rape!

And again! Do not know how many times I have to say it to you haters, but I have not once said he is innocent or guilty! All i have said is that people passing judgment before they even know much about the case want him to be guilty! That much is obvious!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I don't disagree with anything you have said ....

I was simply pointing out to another poster who seems to think *only women lie*

that many people lie.....and to point out

The weak morality of someone who earns in excess of half a million a month

feeling the need to fiddle their taxes.

Stop putting words in my mouth! Please post where I said only women lie! Please post evidence of this! You are really digging a hole now!

Please read what I actually said instead of lying about what I said!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

These women lied??

Unfortunately you left of the rest of my quote......

These women lied???

Which gives more sense to my post?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join