It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much privacy do we have? What does that mean about the future?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
How about when I'm out in rural country areas? Do they see me driving my truck?

Do they see what I see? I'll be running Asphalt way out in the boon docks today and love it.
I'm just curious as to how far this technology goes!

Its a funny story how I discovered that they can see and at least hear me outside even away from my phone.

I went outside and said, " can you here me now?" Then shot a bird towards the sky.

Next time I visited ATS one of the first threads I clicked in there was a pic of Obama shooting a bird strait forwards. And I was like

What prompted me to run outside and ask that is that someone would say something on ATS that only I could possibly know.
edit on 3-10-2018 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Poor quality I thought you had stumbled across something good

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
You can see through # including clothes and plastic, and clothes made of plastic with a simple life hack. Exactly what else were you expecting. We're you able to do this with those x-ray glasses advertised in the back of comic books growing up??

YouTube removes the videos that actually show people doing this at beaches and pools. It makes it as close to a nude beach as possible without actually being there.

I may have tried it before... I said "may have", which is legalese for go try it yourself if you do not believe me.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
On the other hand, why is it that serial killers can go around serial killing people for years and nobody seems to be tracking them? Unless... they actually are for some reason, and not arresting them. Or the data is out there, but it's just not been correlated yet. They're nailing those serial killers these days with old DNA samples and a phone call to AncestryDNA. So maybe it's just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Everything we do is monitored, logged and and put away somewhere. That has always been the case, but now with Social Media where people share every single detail of their lives, the agencies just sit back and watch the data roll in. We are willingly providing them with all they need.
I have mentioned this to people before, but they continue sharing pictures of children and tell all their friends that they will be away from home for a week.

I recently stopped using Instagram and deleted it off my mobile. I was bombarded with emails and texts asking me why I left, do i want to come back and all sorts of strange questions.

it's only going to get worse as people are too distracted with sharing pictures of babies, dogs, food and and all sorts of other rubbish to see what is being taken away from them everyday.

edit on Sat, 06 Oct 2018 05:04:57 -05000518102018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

What does everyone do about their old college photos on Facebook these days? Do people delete photos of them partying/drinking in college from the net? I'm just wondering because I have heard that it is important to have a clean social media profile for getting employment and avoiding scandal.

Well, I can tell you this; I sat in a meeting of department leads a while back and one of the guys said, straight-up, the first thing they do after narrowing down candidates is run a search for a Failbook page. If there's any public information on that page at all they are immediately biffed as a candidate. Immediately. Doesn't matter what it is, just anything. So, yes absolutely, social media footprints are a critically important factor. I might not like it, but it's real. Very.

Are our social media profiles policed? To what extent do you all think your photo history or social media history are monitored by employment agencies and law enforcement agencies?

Think about it; do you really want to ask this question in all seriousness? Clearly, they absolutely are! Want proof? Just go turn on the news. What's the first thing you see when someone is accused of committing some newsworthy crime??? You see some talking head on TV talking about what their Failbook page says. It's the very first place they go!! You could be as pure as a newborn Mormon, but if you've got just one single rant about something as mundane as buying milk at the church bazaar they'll paint you as a crazed religious extremist with an "obvious" bent for going on murdering sprees and a sexual deviant who likes for fornicate with livestock.

Regarding law enforcement, I can tell you from first hand experience that investigators almost ALWAYS go to social media to get intel on possible motives, associations, temperment and behavior. 100%. They know they're not going to get a conviction on any social media footprints, but it can definitely help their investigations by providing them solid leads on where to look for actual evidence which can very much be used. You bet!

ETA - This is the main reason I always get a huge chuckle out of people going ga-ga over social media, and baring their souls out there like there are no repercussions.

edit on 10/6/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
DBL
edit on 10/6/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
Everything we do is monitored, logged and and put away somewhere. That has always been the case, but now with Social Media where people share every single detail of their lives, the agencies just sit back and watch the data roll in. We are willingly providing them with all they need.
I have mentioned this to people before, but they continue sharing pictures of children and tell all their friends that they will be away from home for a week.

I recently stopped using Instagram and deleted it off my mobile. I was bombarded with emails and texts asking me why I left, do i want to come back and all sorts of strange questions.

it's only going to get worse as people are too distracted with sharing pictures of babies, dogs, food and and all sorts of other rubbish to see what is being taken away from them everyday.

It's even scarier than that, now that Sharing has become political, ones team has become the glue that binds the ideology, thought that does not represent the party is dismissed and demoralized. Man we've seeded our own demise....

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

There's no privacy but also there is not enough time for anyone to look at everything that occurs, so...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
privacy doesn't really work in the modern era. the desire for privacy is taken by many as suspicious secrecy, an inference strengthened by the current climate of boundless paranoia and fear. everyone might be a terrorist or somesuch. can't be too careful! and all our drunken outbursts, regrettable photos and unwise rants posted to the world wide web will remain online, forever. i made all my embarrassing life mistakes before the internet existed, so they perist only in my memory, for which i am thankful.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I made a lot of mistakes before social media rose to fame, too. These days, I'm careful about what I post or share.
edit on 14pmSun, 14 Oct 2018 19:14:43 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join